Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could only manage to get a seat in the east quadrant for last nights game i normally sit in the Stretford end i couldnt believe how bad our home fans are there. They dont sing or clap or stand up to the chant ' stand up for the champions', there was even a couple in there 50's who didn't stand up an cheer when we scored.

Its not that hard to clap even if you dont know the words to a song if every person clapped through the songs it would make a amazing atmosphere, one where away teams would hate to go to. I have alot more fun there when i can sing an get into it dont understand how a fan can sit there a wait to be entertained help theteam and you will be entertained. How can Man Utd help to bring atmosphere back to OT?

Sorry for rant or if posted in wrong section.

·
Registered
75 Posts
People who want to stand and sing are spread out all over the ground. Until this is rectified, there is no way the atmosphere at OT can be improved to any significant degree. Less draconian stewarding would help, too.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Think we discussed this before ...

Too knackered to search for it though ...

The subject of areas set aside with no seats for the hardcore fan was mentioned
too......some places already have this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
haggler said:
as you are 99 you just turn up your hearing aid for better atmosphere
Lmao, good idea. Unfortunately, I don't use hearing aids. I'm on the right side of 30 in reality.

Why exactly have ticket prices blown through the roof? What have the Glazers done to bury us in all this debt and when the hell can we get out of it?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Exactly harden up home fans! if i went to a game i woould sin and cheer my lungs out... ITS EMBARRASING

·
Banned
836 Posts
I'm sick of my mates who are Newcastle supporters singing: "Fergie's right, the fans are shite!"

It makes me sick because if I was there on a regular basis watching my team at home I'd be standing singing and shouting. When I was at the Inter match on the 1st Aug last year, I was singing my heart out!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
me and my friend where there on wed was stood singing looked round an no one else was singing in our section, the stewards look at you like your doing something wrong, until they sort out the shite fans who go there to be entertained not follow there religion then singing will never happen all round the ground just wish they would at least clap along to the songs create abit more attmosphere.

pisses me off when fans leave with 15mins to go whats the rush i have taken to singing "stay and support your club at them" laughed when fans left against newcastle and missed 3 goals. serves them right. I find it boring if i dont sing and clap and could never leave early stay and support your club clap them off the pitch and sing to them when there playing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that. In about the 85th minutes, half of the lower seating was empty.

And this will never change unless.

1. Supporters sections are set up in the stadium.

2. Ticket prices are lowered.

If that doesn't happen, well, we settle for one of the worst atmospheres in the league.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nirk said:
Exactly harden up home fans! if i went to a game i woould sin and cheer my lungs out... ITS EMBARRASING
I'm sorry mate, but unless you ended up in one or two particular parts of the ground, other "fans" would tell you to sit down and shut up.

At the least they would look at you as if you're barking mad.

At the worst, they will complain to a steward or a CES guerilla and you would be threatened with expulsion and banning, or withdrawal of your ST (if you have one).

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Until the Stretford End is turned over back to the "real fan" OT as a noisy stadium is doomed. Martin Edwards once said, pre Glazer, that he would like to return the SE to members who would sing and shout, to those who applied to have tickets changed, but nothing happened.

When the SE was standing, it actually wasn't!!! Unlike the Kop, which was all standing, the rear half of the SE was seats, the front half standing - it was brilliant. We made more noise than the Kop but at half the size.

Don't give me the H&S crap either, it was safe even then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts