1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno how many have tuned into the FA Cup so fr, but as you probably all will
know, BBC lost the rights to show the game sthis season, and Setanta Sports
and ITV/UTV now hold the rights.

Meaning only they will show the games...and the highlights shows later, and only
ITV/UTV shows highlights..

I watched them Saturday, and Sunday and what a load of crap they are. They
take breaks...they showed sweet little amount of action for the City game on
Saturday, some of the commentators are woeful. That host on the show
too...does the Championship Sunday mornings....can't think of his name, but he's
aright plonk too! :p ...

So who else is incredibly peed off with BBC not showing the FA Cup anymore?? I
am for one...

Jesus....think of the Final...it will be ad break after ad break! :rolleyes:

I'm not too fussed with Setanta, they're decent, but they don't have a highlights
show for it, and a lot don't actually have Setanta....

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
One thing that puzzled me was when they were advertising their highlights show and one of the 3 games they mentioned was Hull v Newcastle.

That game finished 0-0!!! Why would that be one of the main games?!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
It doesnt make a difference whether its on Itv , Setanta , bbc or Sky I just want to watch my team .

If I cant get a ticket for a game which at the moment with me not working is often I would watch it on anything.

I have been in my local watching it on the dodgy channels when all they have had is a lap top attached to a plasma screen .

All through the match it was pausing just before we got near the goal it was nightmare.

Another time our locals dodgy channels commentry was about 5 seconds ahead so you could here that we had missed the chance before we even had a shot . Needless to say we turned down the volume .

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
The amount of breaks they take is a disgrace tbh. They take a break at half time during their first match, then again when the highlights of the match are over, then again after they've analysed the match etc. etc. I can't watch it for one. Just watched the United game highlights then turned off.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keano4taoiseach said:
The amount of breaks they take is a disgrace tbh. They take a break at half time during their first match, then again when the highlights of the match are over, then again after they've analysed the match etc. etc. I can't watch it for one. Just watched the United game highlights then turned off.

Same here...poor stuff really...

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually...one point for ITV for the awesome opening titles they have.

Credit where credits due...

Awesome!!!

They show that bliddy Summerbee celebration though!! :p:rolleyes:

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Ive never rated ITV for the football,not only is the FA Cup coverage poor,the constant adverts grind my bacon.The ITV4 Champs Leauge show isnt a bad watch but again its the adverts that kill it.BBC would never fork out for the Champs leauge but i wish they would.When MOTD got turned into The Premiership or whatever it was ,I was so appalled by it i very rarely watched the thing.Now all MOTD need to do is get rid of Lawro n Thunderbird and all is well!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yeah I agree, funny to see BBC nabbing the F1 for the next few years though. ITV are decent for the Champions League and it would be really weird seeing it on BBC but the FA Cup on ITV is a joke. BBC always showed 3/4 matches of the FA Cup per weekend yet ITV showed 2. Their highlight show was pretty rubbish in comparison to MOTD as well.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He has retired from TV commentary though...I think, so he wouldn't have been doing it anyways.

He still does commentaries on 5Live to the best of my knowledge, but I could be wrong

·
Registered
601 Posts
fa cup was the peoples cup, the most famous domestic cup arround the world and i guess because of the success of smaller teams last season it maybe made the fa cup have much more drama having small teams knock out the big teams. But this cup is for all the people and should be free to watch. Its the only live footy entertainment we have on tv. Its a shame, out of all the matches all the companies own, the could have let us have one competition.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Ye I agree John Motson is missed. The coverage on ITV and Setanta is brutal to say the least. Have SKY lost all rights as well? Thats surprising.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
setanta and itv have ruined this seasons fa cup for most people with the lousy coverage that they show.:mad:
that highlights show on itv on saturday night was the worst i have ever seen, they showed about the same highlights of a few frozen off ties {the ref poking the frozen turf} has they did from 3/4 of the games ,we only caught glimpse of the goals.
i went to the cardiff v reading game and watched the highlights show to see some of the game ,i waited 90 minutes to just see the ball hitting the net twice there was better coverage on the welsh news about 10 seconds worth.:D , itv what on earth are you doing ,if you can't do the job give it back to lineker and co to do properly.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'm annoyed that it isn't on the BBC anymore. They're much better than ITV or Setanta. I really do not like ITV football at all. I avoid them pretty much all the time.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I don't really mind tbh me da' pays for it n i get to watch it, thats all i care about:D not assed about what old clueless bloke is talkin about it. None of them are any good if you ask me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I was watching Gillingham/Villa yesterday lunchtime with my tv on mute because I was on the phone, and then I look at the TV and see them doing an interview with the manager and thought it was half-time ... then they cut back to the game. And why were they showing what looked like 2 guys building a wall for 2 minutes during the game?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
IanDangerously said:
I was watching Gillingham/Villa yesterday lunchtime with my tv on mute because I was on the phone, and then I look at the TV and see them doing an interview with the manager and thought it was half-time ... then they cut back to the game. And why were they showing what looked like 2 guys building a wall for 2 minutes during the game?
First one was that Ned guy from ITV doing 'in-game' interviews with the Assistant Coach to see what his views where on the game so far etc....very uncommon,would never happen in the Prem!!

Secondly,the wall got smashed when Gillingham scored as the players/fans came together they trashed the wall!:eek:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
to be honest i am sick and tired of lineaker hansen and lawrenson , they are smugness personified, im glad itv have got it and i will even put up with the adverts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
First one was that Ned guy from ITV doing 'in-game' interviews with the Assistant Coach to see what his views where on the game so far etc....very uncommon,would never happen in the Prem!!

Secondly,the wall got smashed when Gillingham scored as the players/fans came together they trashed the wall!:eek:
good old gillingham, i live 10 mins from that ground :D its a dump hense why the walls fall down

1 - 20 of 22 Posts