Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a game for me the crowd were up for it the players were up for it everyone was up for it .

So how high do we rate this performence Giggs gave what for me was one of his greatest displays and he didnt even get my man of the match .

The pundets are saying Chelsea were poor but not for me United were amazing.

So how do you rate this performence in terms of all time best ?

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
What a game for me the crowd were up for it the players were up for it everyone was up for it .

So how high do we rate this performence Giggs gave what for me was one of his greatest displays and he didnt even get my man of the match .

So how do you rate this performence in terms of all time best ?
it would be up there with the 7-1 with roma imo maybe not as good but very very very close

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
If we lose or draw against Wigan or/and Bolton this means nothing so lets not start to talk about how important this is yet.

Still, a perfect 10 if you ask about team effort and performance in this game. Its hard to see us do a lot better then this but can we keep the level up there we'll be too hard to beat for most teams.

Btw, I think Moaninho **** his pants today at OT. Hopefully he got another pair of pants with him. With Vidic and SuperPat we have the perfect defence.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Chelsea came to OT to win and this resulted in an open match. And Chelsea just aren't in the same league as United or Arsenal in an open end to end game.

We look far more dangerous in attack than Chelsea and our defence was imperious today. Barcelona and Arsenal would have struggled to score against us today. VDS had one pass back from Cashley and that was about it from Chelsea.

Saying Chelsea were poor is like saying Arsenal were poor when we thrashed them 4-1 in the cup a few years back or that Roma were poor in the 7-1 massacre.
We were just superior in every part of the pitch today than Chelsea.
Even their poster boys Boswingwa and Deco had to be replaced.

We could have won that match by a lot more than three goals.

·
U N I T E D United Are The Team For Me
186 Posts
I saw Chelsea line up and thought wow, what great talent they have. Big named players like Lampard, Ballack, Deco and Drogba. I thought all of them were quiet today and out fought and played by the likes of Fletcher and Park who should deserve more praise. Park was quality today. Ran and ran and put everything into the game. Oh yeah Drogba.. HAHAHAAHA, he really did have a mare

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its my thread and I havent given my opinion .

It ranks in my top 10 to be honest really enjoyed the game amazing result and like andy gray said in terms of grand slam games they were destroyed .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
This was the most satisfying victory since the CL final and in the league since we beat Arsenal 2-0 at home last season.

great performance - not a single bad performance on the whole pitch.

I couldn't be happier. It's now 1 1/2 hours after the match and I'm just only starting to calms down.

Bloody brilliant!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
red dave said:

?
Agree with all that. Was great to see the crowd in full voice for once :rolleyes:
We were well up for it. I couldnt care less if Chelsea were sh1t or not.
We got the 3 points and we hammered them.
Definitely up there with some of the best wins at home in the League.
It will demoralise Chelsea and give us extra confidence, its HUGE all things considering.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
It was great to watch. Chelski have been so full of themselves in recent seasons and That will bring them and their fans down to earth. Their aging team is in decline. Drogba doesn't want to be there and Im looking forward to them crash and Abramovic getting ****ed off and selling.
Take out Scousers next!!

When were they last defeated 3 nil.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
the first half beside the goal..was a little poor..but the second was great. I would dare to compare it with the one we had last season with Newcastle:D at home...great game by the lads hope they'll keep it this way.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wazza1989 said:
the first half beside the goal..was a little poor..but the second was great. I would dare to compare it with the one we had last season with Newcastle:D at home...great game by the lads hope they'll keep it this way.

None of that game was poor we battled like warriors

·
Registered
601 Posts
satisfying victory, will never be better than the cl final. We completely cruised through chelsea. think if chelsea would have given us a game it would have been more to remeber, but 80% of the game we dominated and the satisfying thing was that we actually taking our chances and not missing them.

·
Registered
601 Posts
yeah fergy was right at the start of the season that chelsea cannot offer anymore than what they gave last season.

Who have they got to replace lampard terry carvalo and thier fullbacks, they dont have players that can replace them. their are going to be mnay games now and no way will they be able to play every game

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
That result and performance is right up there imo, in terms of performance, result and importance.

It was an incredible performance and demolishing your title rivals like we did is amazing, no matter how good or bad they are.

As for the importance, it gives us an absolutely massive boost and puts us into an amazing position. I've been saying for a while, before this weekend, that we were in the driving seat. But this weekend has just put us into an even better position.

We are in control, and this is only the start.

Berbatov9 said:
When were they last defeated 3 nil.
I think the commentator said that it was their heaviest defeat at Old Trafford for 16 years, and is their biggest defeat for 2 years (which was a 3-0 Vs Middlesborough)

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's one of those things RD if we dont beat Wigan during the week then it kinda takes the gloss off our win against Chelsea . But make no bones about it this result is massive in terms of sending out the right message to our title rivals. My only hope is that Liverpool and Arsenal havin already beating us away might come to Old Trafford and set up for a draw.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
I was telling my dad the very same thing.
it seems from what the people on here were saying that the 1st half was poor i didnt see it because i had my own match just got to see vidics goal litterly just in the door when he scored :D but the 2nd half was unbeliveable we were utouchable they couldnt come near ius it was the best(attacking) performance since roma definatly and ronaldo played good in the 2nd half for the 1st time this season after watching a game and i siad ya the form is coming back to him not judt to him but to evrybody they were all exelent yesterday

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
cantos red army said:
it seems from what the people on here were saying that the 1st half was poor i didnt see it because i had my own match just got to see vidics goal litterly just in the door when he scored :D but the 2nd half was unbeliveable we were utouchable they couldnt come near ius it was the best(attacking) performance since roma definatly and ronaldo played good in the 2nd half for the 1st time this season after watching a game and i siad ya the form is coming back to him not judt to him but to evrybody they were all exelent yesterday
It was incredible, once Vidic scored the cohesiveness of our team just seemed to come back again for the first time in forever.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts