Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions, thoughts, comments, on that question.
I was born in 92, so I don't remember too much of 99. But I know we won the Treble and it was the best year in United's storied history, right?
Just for thought, who here is American like me? Or am I the lone Yankee? :happy
Can't wait for tomorrow, eh guys?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Ok pal. How are you? Welcome by the way.

I'm American and there's a few other Americans, (Cappy, Grif SA and some others) and about a billion Irish.

In terms of your question, this squad is probably deeper, but XI v. XI its definitely in favor of the 99 side. 99 had the best strike pair in the world, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Stam, Beckham and Schemichel all in their respective primes, and that's pretty staggering. Not to mention the likes of the Nevilles and Dennis Irwin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, actually I haven't.
:frown:
Is there a place online where I can watch classic United matches and current ones. See, I don't have Fox Soccer Channel, so I've caught maybe 4 or 5 United PL matches this year, and all the CL matches.
Isn't there a program called sopcast or something?
How does that work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok pal. How are you? Welcome by the way.

I'm American and there's a few other Americans, (Cappy, Grif SA and some others) and about a billion Irish.

In terms of your question, this squad is probably deeper, but XI v. XI its definitely in favor of the 99 side. 99 had the best strike pair in the world, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Stam, Beckham and Schemichel all in their respective primes, and that's pretty staggering. Not to mention the likes of the Nevilles and Dennis Irwin.
Ah, thanks for the welcome.
That does sound pretty talented.
(P.S.: Nice flag. Does it piss the Brits off much? I mean that was our battle cry against them lol Or doesn't it get attention?)

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
No, actually I haven't.
Is there a place online where I can watch classic United matches and current ones. See, I don't have Fox Soccer Channel, so I've caught maybe 4 or 5 United PL matches this year, and all the CL matches.
How does that work?
There's a couple of classic United matches here :thumbsup:
Classic United Matches - Manchester United Forum

Welcome btw :)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Ah, thanks for the welcome.
That does sound pretty talented.
(P.S.: Nice flag. Does it piss the Brits off much? I mean that was our battle cry against them lol Or doesn't it get attention?)
Go to veetle.com, and download the player there, the matches are usually on there. There's also a section on our forum with links to each match that will be put up on matchday.

As far as the flag goes, I don't really know if it pisses the Brits off, they already have being British to be pissed off about so I don't know if they really have time to get upset about it lol. :p

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
No, actually I haven't.
How does that work?
Well try tomorrow iraqgoals.com they are usually ok.

As for seeing the 99 team play i can help you with that.

YouTube - F.A. Cup Semi Final 98/99 Man.Utd.-Arsenal

YouTube - Man Utd 2 - 1 Liverpool (FA Cup - 1999)

YouTube - man utd vs bacelona

I looked for 3-2 against juve but couldn't find it. Enjoy those classic moments mate.

S

·
0 Posts
No, actually I haven't.
How does that work?
Links to watch ALL United games can be found here mate. :thumbsup:
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/ma...ine-links-all-links-requests-todays-game.html

Matchday thread if you want to chat during the game.
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/matchday/21256-fa-cup-semi-final-manchester-united-vs-everton.html

Video forum. Futbol usually gets full games up within an hour our two after they finnish.
Plus tons of old classics.
Football Videos - Manchester United Forum

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
The main difference between the two squads, apart from the stronger 99 midfield, is the shooting. This current squad tend to try and set it up, whereas the 99 team would have many more shots on goal and, subsequently, more goals per game.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i would actually say as a whole this is the stronger squad in terms of depth,variety of players on show and the variety of skill in it however on the pitch and the first eleven that is put out i still prefer what the '99 team had to offer as a first eleven

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
the current squad has a whole is certainly utds strongest ever , but from what they did on the field the 99 version were actually better the football was fast free flowing and a lot more goals were being scored throughout the team . but the best utd team i have seen by far was the team from 94 who were totally awesome in every department and you should really try and get a dvd of that season , its like watching the phoenix rising from the ashe's.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
The 1st 11 in '99 was undoubtably better, as was the style of football. However in terms of overall squad depth this year probably beats it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
the team of 99 were better, you had keano who controlled midfield, you had scholes who was in his prime as too was giggs, you had beckham, 9 times outta ten his free kicks would go top corner, you had cole and yorke who in my opinion are uniteds best partnership up front,you had the super sub solskjaer, who was one of the best finishers around, teddy who was a proper centre foward, you had two great full backs in neville and irwin, with ronny johnsen and stam in cb and the legend schmeichel in goals

1 - 19 of 19 Posts