Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was great to see United triumph away to Porto and set up a very interesting Semi-Final showdown with foes "The Arse'!

I didn't see the game, but read all about how Theo Walcott was fantastic for his team tearing his opposite asunder with his blinding pace.

I am more than a little worried about how United will combat this threat the Walcott poses down the right hand touchline. Not many footballers are as quick as Walcott...IF ANY AT ALL!

Do we have the personel to mark up with him? (Evra wasn't great against Porto)

What tactics will we impoly to subdue him?

Any thoughts everyone??

·
Registered
458 Posts
Was great to see United triumph away to Porto and set up a very interesting Semi-Final showdown with foes "The Arse'!

I didn't see the game, but read all about how Theo Walcott was fantastic for his team tearing his opposite asunder with his blinding pace.

I am more than a little worried about how United will combat this threat the Walcott poses down the right hand touchline. Not many footballers are as quick as Walcott...IF ANY AT ALL!

Do we have the personel to mark up with him? (Evra wasn't great against Porto)

What tactics will we impoly to subdue him?

Any thoughts everyone??
You haven`t watched the game.
Evra is going to put Walcott in a pocket!!!!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I tought Evra done his part, made some good clearances and was instrumental on the left flank.

Calm the Walcott`s talk - We`ve got Ronaldo, Rooney and on a top day Berbatov can be as a threat as those two are. We`ll quiet him downnnnnn, no worries.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
This thread is Stupid..!:rolleyes:

How will Arsenal contain Ronnie and Rooney?!:p

Who is this Theo Walcott you speak of?:)

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Thats a fickle opinion if its Walcott vs O Shea or Neville he will destroy you down the flanks his pace is phenomenal !
you lasted long LOL

as for walcott, not really to worried about his pace to be honest evra can match him if he has a extra yard here or there, plus walcott is still to develop strength which is something united do very will especially against arsenal

may i refure to that game where we kicked rayes of the pitch, walcott could come in for the same treatment and fabrigas.

should be a cracking 2 legs of football.:thumbsup:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
dont diss anderson's shots i hear hes thinking about taking a career in rugby :p
Haha, I hope not, he was fantastic tonight - he fooled the opponents at times ;) Turned out to be a great performance by the lad.
But that shooting, oh that shooting Ando - You could see his epic fail at that, he tried to clear the ball and shot it sky high :laugh:

But he`s a top lad, my favourite kiddo out of the young ones at United :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
The trick is to disrupt Arsenal in the middle of the park. It's no coincidence that Bolton is/was their bogey team.

If you set out to play beautiful against the Gunner's you're making life hard for yourself. Play ugly.

Park, Fletcher, Anderson are going to need to do the job & hassle Arsenal's midfield.

But he`s a top lad, my favourite kiddo out of the young ones at United :thumbsup:
The 'kiddo' is older than you. :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
He is no Messi. We don't need to devise a special tactic just for him. Besided, both Arsene and Sir Alex are too proud to play a defensive game against each other. The game will be open, so no need for man marking or worrying about a single player.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts