Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this may have been our most important game this season. We looked really nervous today from the start and I think the manner in which we won will lift the team and hopefully thats the end of the poor performances for this season.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
You can never describe the importance of this match. It does not determine the title winners, but this win makes us even closer ..

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
it was important simply because the scousers won, we desperately needed to match up their result to make that extra game we have in hand even more valuable.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope it shuts all anti United people up. You'd swear we were fighting relegation the way all the football pundits have been talking the past few weeks. United always make it hard for themselves! I actually had build up of tears in my eyes today when Macheda scored, its the most emotion I have had in a game since CL final of '99, What a feeling

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
todays win...IMPORTANT. You dont say!!!!

Like saying beating Chelsea in Champions League final last season was a good result. Bit of an understatement.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
todays win...IMPORTANT. You dont say!!!!

Like saying beating Chelsea in Champions League final last season was a good result. Bit of an understatement.
I was being Sarcastic saying it was "VERY IMPORTANT":D:D:D

Yes it was obviously an important win:thumbsup:

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I hope it shuts all anti United people up. You'd swear we were fighting relegation the way all the football pundits have been talking the past few weeks. United always make it hard for themselves! I actually had build up of tears in my eyes today when Macheda scored, its the most emotion I have had in a game since CL final of '99, What a feeling
I hope its shuts them up too, Im so sick of the fecking analyst in the past two weeks talking about how we are basically shit and liverpool are the best team in the world. Hopefully this shuts them the **** up.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Could be a defining moment for us today.

It was clear we were low on confidence, and thats understandable after two defeats. It showed when we conceded the first goal we just seemed to hurt. Now after the euphoria of this win today, the spirits will be so high, and that could prove the important boost we need in the final stage of the season. If we had drawn or lost we would have been really mentaly weak for the rest of the season and I honestly doubt we would have won a trophy. Now we have the confidence and enthusiasm to go and and win trophies.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I think we could be talking about this game for a while as, perhaps, the game that won the league for us. Like with he 4-2 v Everton, the FA Cup semi final replay in 99, some incredible game that knocks some fight back into us. Hopefully this will bring back some of the swagger that we need. I mean, the game itself was a thriller alone, yet combine that with the importance of what it could mean for the run in and it's truly something special.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hope its shuts them up too, Im so sick of the fecking analyst in the past two weeks talking about how we are basically shit and liverpool are the best team in the world. Hopefully this shuts them the **** up.
Me too, MOTD saturday night SCOUSE TWAT HANSEN " UNITED DON'T KNOW WHERE THEIR NEXT WIN IS COMING FROM " well Mr Fu**ing Scouse Cnut , that's where it's coming from.:first:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It was vitally important imo. A third loss in a row, or even a third game without a win, would have seriously dented our morale. Now though, with the victory and especially considering we came from behind, our confidence will have rocketed.

It could even have a negative effect on Liverpoo imo. Their morale may have taken a slight dip at seeing us battling from behind after playing quite badly early on and because of us being even more in the driving seat.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts