Manchester United Talk banner

CL Quarter Final: Liverpool vs Chelsea - Who Do You Think Will Win?

How important will liverpool chelsea cl games be now ?

3K views 52 replies 29 participants last post by  Wazza1989 
#1 ·
Benitez being Benitez and putting his all into the champions league i think defeat against chelsea in this and the title challenge would fade and die .

I think how these games go will decide last knockings of league more than next three or four actual prem games .

If we turn porto over it would really crank up the pressure .

Ending the season with nothing would surely be totally sickening for the liverpool fans -------

and i would shed a tear for them if that happened .

it would be a tear of laughter however -- in fact i would fair pee meeself :mf_tongue:

#3 ·
Liverpool and chelsea have two Massive games in the CL..

Like you said Rafa will be going for Europe like he always does and this could have a major effect on the PL table..!

I'm hoping we beat Porto well on Tuesday, 4-0:D

Then we have all the pressure off us and we go from strength to strength winning our remaining games in the PL and we should go far in Europe aswell..!!!:):first:

#4 ·
fergie got it spot on after game. he considers whoever wins from the CL ties to be our title contenders. It will give them a boost, spur them on for the rest of the season while leaving the other team questioning their confidence and ability to carry on a title challenge, something i think we are only just recovering from with todays amazing game.

I think it wont suit liverpool with the 2nd leg being at Stamford Bridge and i am going for a 1-1 first leg and 2-1 chelsea 2nd leg. If Liverpool end the season with nothing, they will at least have some saviour in the fact that they have Rafa the Gaffer on another extended contract.

#14 ·
Personally I think that the Diptastic Circus will roll on in Europe for at least another round. Chelsea seems a bit hit and miss all season. Whereas 'They' have a bit of momentum and sack loads of confidence. Plus it's Liverpool in Europe:rolleyes:

Two players will decide this tie, Gerrard and Drogba

#18 ·
And out of 8 games so far, 7 have been absolutely shit. 1 has been amazing. I predict 2 shit ones.
There have been some exciting enough ones I guess, well mainly incident packed rather than games with lots of goals and good moves. There wont be much in it, maybe a 0-0/1-1 and a 1-0. Ill just be happy knowing that one of the two will be knocked out after the tie is done.

#22 ·
im gonna go with a chelski win. dunno why just have a feeling for once they are really devoting themselves to the title and with our win against villa they will be a bit of a blow to their momentum and chelsea will catch them with their guard down in the first leg.

id rather chelsea won the CL over pool anyday. i cant stand the fat waiter and that club :mad:

anyways i think fergie hit nail on the head with the winner will be our main contenders. the winner of that tie will be sent on a massive high and i can see the winner beating arsenal and the loser dropping points to the gooners

#24 ·
Liverpool are one of the best teams in Europe on knowing how to play it over two legs. That's the good thing about getting them in the final.
didn't do the scum much good last time around though did it?...:p

i can't stand that spaniard..and yep he certainly knows his onions...but lately he seems hell bent on trying to wind fergie up.....lets see what happens...
still think chelsea will screw them on the return leg...;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.