·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a poll about this in sunday league .com
and i voted for 3
as i think they will be

1.Ireland : Their Maneger Giovanni Trapattoni Is One Of The Best Managers Ever
and one of the best 5 managers in my opinion with some great players like robbie keane shay given john oshea paul mcshane damien duff kevin doyle and liam miller
and i feel it have the best chance of all UK national teams

2.Scotland : really great team if they get Alex Mcleish Back
plus many great players Gordon Fletcher etc..

3.England : ahh they can do it but they will loose twice from Croatia ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Well for starters, Ireland ARENT British....but I get your jist Abo.

Ireland will win the World Cup so they are a shoe in for qualification ;-)
England will get through. They just have Croatia that are of worry in their group.
Wales-No chance.
Scotland-playoff at best.
N.Ireland-It will be tough but ya never know.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
abojodeh said:
i saw a poll about this in sunday league .com
and i voted for 3
as i think they will be

1.Ireland : Their Maneger Giovanni Trapattoni Is One Of The Best Managers Ever
and one of the best 5 managers in my opinion with some miller great players like robbie keane shay given john oshea paul mcshane damien duff kevin doyle and liam
and i feel it have the best chance of all UK national teams

2.Scotland : really great team if they get Alex Mcleish Back
plus many great players Gordan Fletcher etc..

3.England : ahh they can do it but they will loose twice from Croatia ;)
lol i think your being a bit generous there;)

Robbie Keane is a very good player, Duff has declined due to injuries and the rest are average at best, even our own John O'shea is very average.

anyway, England will make it, and scotland, aslong as they haven't got a tough group, will qualify aswell.

Z

·
0 Posts
England will be there for sure, failure to qualify for
EURO 2008 was a one off and will never happen again.
Especially with Fabio Capello leading them.

Ireland have a chance with Trapattoni in charge.

Wales will struggle as usual, as will Northern Ireland.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know that ireland is not british but in the poll there was 5 country
so they maybe counted it

TheManc said:

Robbie Keane is a very good player, Duff has declined due to injuries and the rest are average at best, even our own John O'shea is very average.

anyway, England will make it, and scotland, aslong as they haven't got a tough group, will qualify aswell.
I dont Think Given Is Average to be honest he is very good goalie :)
i agree that other irish players are average but they play for their country better than many other world superstars ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ireland should qualify and where was Aiden McGeady in your list of players Abo?
England will probably make heavy weather of it as usual and will scrape through by the skin of the teeth
Scotland should at least make the playoff but don't write them off against Holland... its the little diddy teams that they have trouble with

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
i bet englanD the danger number one in world cup 2010 i think under capello way of doing we might be champion in 2010 cheers i just hope so that happen
Rooney will be more better in future

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
TheManc said:

I love how everyone is so confident England will make it, as if they're dead certs :rolleyes: Remind me, what has changed since Capello took over. I haven't seen any change yet, you were dismal against France and the T&B game was a joke more than anything, might aswell have played on my back garden. England will struggle against teams with players who know what it means to play for their country and owe something to their fans.

Ireland: Meh, we were totally outclassed recently against Columbia and our defence is very shaky to say the least. Robbie Keane is indeed a quality player, but he hasn't played at the level he has for Spurs at international level.

Given is one of the best keepers in the world when fit so I don't see how you managed to say he's average at best?

At the moment, Scotland look the most likely to qualify out of the British (and Ireland) teams. :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I think England should cruise it with no trouble this time, and i agree Ireland satnd a pretty good chance and i wouldn't suprised if they went through via the play off's. As for my nation - Wales :p we stand a better chance than we ever had IMO, our group isn't too hard and we could easily come 2nd with a good run, but i think it's two years too early most of the young players are around 19/20 so maybe we will qualify for Euro 2012.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts