Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know- or has anyone ever counted the number of supporters there are in the uk and worldwide- and how many are adults and how many are kids- I'm desperate to find out so I can compare to other clubs- I rekon there are 3 times more man utd fans than any other club- what do you think

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
We had a search on Google for a long time last night but sadly we find nothing ... :eek:

Can't really think where you could go for this information either sorry ... :(

·
Registered
590 Posts
I remeber hearing something along the lines of 5% of the world's population supports United. I seem to remember the figure £33 million as well from somewhere.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Stephen said:
Gill said something like 33million.
Recently there were newspaper reports saying United were the best supported world wide - and had a folowing of 333 Million !!

But apart from this I have never seen anything else ....

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
The Daily Mail - 15th December 2007 - By Bob Cass

United moving down south as fanbase reaches 333 million

By BOB CASS

Last updated at 21:50pm on 15th December 2007

No matter who comes out on top of the titanic clash of the Big Four, Manchester
United, under the watchful eye of Sir Alex Ferguson can still claim to be No 1.

They now have a staggering 333 million fans around the world, according to new
research, and are preparing to move part of their administration to London.

United have long been the butt of jokes about the high proportion of fans alleged
to live in the south of England. Now they have appointed Richard Arnold as their
new director of global partnerships, with a brief to retain current blue-chip
sponsors like AIG and Nike, and to recruit others who can help them tap into
their fanbase.

Leading sports marketing firm TNS Sport interviewed at least 1,000 people in
each of 21 markets from Ireland to Indonesiaand the results surprised even their
most bullish executives.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
333million!!

Thought it was only 33million.

Yeah, but what do they class as United fans? Wonder how many of them now what happened in 1958!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Stephen said:
333million!!

Thought it was only 33million.

Yeah, but what do they class as United fans? Wonder how many of them now what happened in 1958!
who gives a shit about if there real? they buy united merchandise and give us money to buy 30 million pound players. ;)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Forever_United said:
who gives a shit about if there real? they buy united merchandise and give us money to buy 30 million pound players. ;)
But that's what's wrong with United's support, more so than the drivel that comes in Old Trafford each week.

Put all the main, real, passionate supporters who go to Old Trafford, they'll struggle to fill a stand. So many muppets who only go for the day-out in there nowadays is disgraceful.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Stephen said:
So many muppets who only go for the day-out in there nowadays is disgraceful.
Very true. Just watch tomorrow how many people will be walking down Sir Matt Busby Way with their camera's out to film anything that moves. The annoying thing is though, these Johnny-come-lately ***** are taking up seats that some true fans can't either get their hands on, or can but can't go because they're too expensive.

carlyluvsunited said:
£33 Million ... what is the money for ? :p ;)
:eek: I'm not quite sure myself :rolleyes:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Stephen said:
But that's what's wrong with United's support, more so than the drivel that comes in Old Trafford each week.

Put all the main, real, passionate supporters who go to Old Trafford, they'll struggle to fill a stand. So many muppets who only go for the day-out in there nowadays is disgraceful.
i agree with the day-trippers. my dad went to a game not long ago, i forgot which and he said himself he just looking across the stands and saw nothing, no enthusiasm, no passion. while the away fans were chanting there hearts out.
to me the real die-hard reds. are mainly working class people (like myself). a few of my mates are the same and don't want to spend there wages on sky-high ticket prices when they have a family at home to feed. its the ticket prices that are killing the atmosphere.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Lets just say world wide there must be easy a 300 million supporters manchester united are iconic there not just a football club there a symbol something to please poor and rich world wide . You only have to see how many nationalites are on here to realise our fan base .

By the way this is my 500 post and Im proud its about worldwide fans couldnt of been on a better subject

·
Registered
42 Posts
jd_united said:
Munich Air Disaster. It was the 50th Anniversary this year if you remember and the players all wore blank kits against City.
People who dont know thier clubs history shouldnt be called supporters.Glory Hunters.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts