Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
United Moving Down South As Fanbase Reaches 333 Million

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=502574&in_page_id=1779

No matter who comes out on top of the titanic clash of the Big Four, Manchester United, under the watchful eye of Sir Alex Ferguson can still claim to be No 1.

They now have a staggering 333 million fans around the world, according to new research, and are preparing to move part of their administration to London. United have long been the butt of jokes about the high proportion of fans alleged to live in the south of England. Now they have appointed Richard Arnold as their new director of global partnerships, with a brief to retain current blue-chip sponsors like AIG and Nike, and to recruit others who can help them tap into their fanbase.

Leading sports marketing firm TNS Sport interviewed at least 1,000 people in each of 21 markets from Ireland to Indonesiaand the results surprised even their most bullish executives.
That's an old piece of news article though...reported back in a year ago.
So most probably, United fans count would hve increased till date I believe.

·
Registered
293 Posts
real_fan said:
how many a mancunians ?

and how many actualy go to games like real fans should do :eek: :rolleyes:

what about me, i don't go to games because i live in Australia, does that not make me a fan? what about the fact that i know their history and get up in the middle of the night every week to watch the matches. oh sorry i forgot, i don't go to the matches so i'm not a supporter.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
real_fan said:
how many a mancunians ?

and how many actualy go to games like real fans should do :eek: :rolleyes:

asaf cohen said:
what about me, i don't go to games because i live in Australia, does that not make me a fan? what about the fact that i know their history and get up in the middle of the night every week to watch the matches. oh sorry i forgot, i don't go to the matches so i'm not a supporter.
Ignore him ...

Unless you come from Manchester,
go to every game, and hate The
Glazers you're not a fan according
to him.

It's actually beginning to wear a
bit thin now - he goes on and on
like a stuck CD ... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
96 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
No idea ...

Maybe you could research that for us ...

Thanks ... ;)

Yes ...

Just the 32 ...

God you're tedious ... :rolleyes:

you dont have an opinion though do you ?

you always change it to suit others now thats tediuos.

i thinking people who watch united on tv and dont do anything about going to games are like admires of united. i dont have anything against people who do that.
but i respect everyone who goes week in week out or to games like portsmouth on a mid week game etc....

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
real_fan said:
you dont have an opinion though do you ?

you always change it to suit others now thats tediuos.

i thinking people who watch united on tv and dont do anything about going to games are like admires of united. i dont have anything against people who do that.
but i respect everyone who goes week in week out or to games like portsmouth on a mid week game etc....
An opinion on what ?

You saying "Just the 32"

No not really ...

I see now you change your tune about
those fans who don't go to games ...
good to see it. But it will soon change
again when one of them dare say he is
OK with the Glazers ...

I was actually getting worried you were losing it today ...

But you managed to tell everyone about your Moscow ticket ..... again

RD says you're a Leeds fan ... what you going to Moscow for ?

·
Banned
96 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
An opinion on what ?

You saying "Just the 32"

No not really ...

I see now you change your tune about
those fans who don't go to games ...
good to see it. But it will soon change
again when one of them dare say he is
OK with the Glazers ...

I was actually getting worried you were losing it today ...

But you managed to tell everyone about your Moscow ticket ..... again

RD says you're a Leeds fan ... what you going to Moscow for ?

everyone who applied for a ticket through the club got one. me doing all previous euro aways get credit for it so it was nailed on cert for a lot of people.

im sure if you got ya self to OT once you would be buzzing ?

did you apply ? you have admitted yourself you dont know much, so i take it you wouldnt of known that 97p was taken out of your bank account if you were successful.

this is what what pi*ses me off with united, i have some lass from romania who lives in wales who has supported united for 3 years now thinking she can act the biggun around me. oooo your a "mod" dont swear, only agree to what others say and confess man united rule ! haha

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
real_fan said:
everyone who applied for a ticket through the club got one. me doing all previous euro aways get credit for it so it was nailed on cert for a lot of people.

im sure if you got ya self to OT once you would be buzzing ?

did you apply ? you have admitted yourself you dont know much, so i take it you wouldnt of known that 97p was taken out of your bank account if you were successful.

this is what what pi*ses me off with united, i have some lass from romania who lives in wales who has supported united for 3 years now thinking she can act the biggun around me. oooo your a "mod" dont swear, only agree to what others say and confess man united rule ! haha
I don't act the big one (biggun ?) around anyone, you must be thinking of
someone else sorry.

Your the big one - "look at me - I know everything" - then criticising everyone and
everything to do with United. Calling people names, acting aggressive if people
mention something you don't agree with about the Glazers and so the list goes
on. It's not me who said all this on my own, I think you will find all the staff here
feel the same.

By all means disagree with people ... accusing me of not allowing that is, yet
again, something inside your head, I told you before I have no problem with you
airing your views. But when it is criticism non-stop, it does get a bit boring.

You were told by zuco last night - by RD the night before along with a few of the
members here. You manage to alienate people with negative attitudes.

I see you have a problem with me being Romanian, being a girl and following
United for 3 years as you put it (not even close but we will use 3 to keep you
happy) ... and being Admin here ... well thats too bad really because that's the
way it is.

There are 333 million people follow United - many are foreign - get over it.

Add some positive thoughts to your posts - be a bit more positive in general and
people will warm to you I'm sure.

You don't like me or the fact I am foreign, well I don't really give a rats ass to be
honest. So you waste your tie with all that nonsense.

Just a little bit of friendly advice I offer here. Thats all, take it or leave it.

Oh and the swearing .... tut tut .... I'll overlook your outburst here as you are due
a 7-day ban for this one ... but think again before doing it, thanks.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts