Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
One of the greatest captains ever was Roy Keane no matter what the situation he always lead his team, sometimes dragged them and said what had to be said he didnt care if u liked him or not once the team got the win a leader and great player he was the ultimate captain in my opinion
Well said. Keane was the greatest captain of all time. It makes a huge
difference as we saw with baby Gallas and Arsenal last year.
Whether we have Nev, Giggs or Rio we KNOW we are in safe hands.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
First time poster and i agree that the captan has a big influence in each game and season, every team needs that leader on the pitch.... the roy keane, patrick viera, gerrard and so on!! other players around them see them giving it there all and winning been the main objective. All of these players did the simple things when needed and stood out when things are going good. notice when utd had keane as captan when the team were playing well he let them flow and kinda stood back and when we needed grit he was there to show the youngings how its done.... ANDERSON for future captan LOL:)
Hey and welcome to the forum. Feel free to make an introductory thread in
new members section.
You make some good points above.
Not sure about Anderson as future captain. That will be Rio for years to come. ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
Mate, Rio is already 30 in 3 months, so I don't know for how many years to come.

No reason he cant play until his mid to late 30's. He is that kind of player.
He is also very fit and still very fast. When he starts to slow in 5+ years time,
he will still be a fantastic reader of the game and 5 years more experienced.
Scary thing is that he still hasnt peaked and he is already the best in Europe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.