Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity what is the top price you would pay for one ticket to one game, at OT, no matter who we are playing, or what round of which cup, or which players are on the pitch, the very highest you would be willing to pay ?
Don't just say i'd pay anything, they are the best team in the world and worth every penny, that's not answering the question.
1 ticket, 1 game = how much ?

You can obviously say why etc after you have said the amount YOU would be prepared to pay out.

Be very interesting to see the different answers that people will give.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
For the game with Sunderland I check for ticket ok and I find some in South Stand
Upper for £44 - I think this is OK for me to pay - so for me I answer £44......

But if they play Grimsby in Carling Cup I dont pay this much money !!!

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I took my daughter to a match not so long back, her first. Taking into account petrol, parking in the Cricket Ground, drinks, eats and tickets, I had no change from £100.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My season ticket price works out at £38 a game...i always said years ago that i would go to £40 a game that's my lot. Obviously the ticket prices went up pre season so im a little bit nearer my limit. I know if it went past £40 a ticket though i would probably carry on :)

If we get to the champions league semi final this season again then ticket will be £48.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Red Devil said:
I took my daughter to a match not so long back, her first. Taking into account petrol, parking in the Cricket Ground, drinks, eats and tickets, I had no change from £100.
Ah yes but petrol, food and car parking is not Glazers fault !

Ticket price is.

I live many mile from Old Trafford so if I choose to go to this game I have to pay these extra.

Ticket price is only concern people seem to have.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Seeing as how I probably have 1 shot in my lifetime to get to OT... I would probably pay something rediculous.

But then, it depends on currency rates, etc. for me too :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The most I've paid for a ticket when bought through the ticket office was £45 for the Champions League semi-final last season.

The most I've paid for a ticket was when I bought one through the ticket exchange service. They charge you the ticket price, admin fee, credit card surcharge (there is no other mathod of payment available) and special delivery charge (there are no other forms of delivery/pick up available). For the Pompey game at OT last season this all added up to about £51.

Considering I paid £80 for a ticket to see the Miami Dolphins play the New York Giants at Wembley next month (and there were more expensive tickets available) I think that would be the maximum I'd be willing to go to for any event.

·
Registered
38 Posts
it is so expensive for chinese , if i change pounds in to our chinese money, so 40 pounds is 600. if i garduated i think first year my wages must nou up to 3000 chinese money. 2000 is a common number. so it is expensive for us, but i think it is value. if i been to manchester one day, i will buy a good seat for my watching .
i pounds : 15 RMB ( chinese money) i think the currenty rate

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
yao said:
it is so expensive for chinese , if i change pounds in to our chinese money, so 40 pounds is 600. if i garduated i think first year my wages must nou up to 3000 chinese money. 2000 is a common number. so it is expensive for us, but i think it is value. if i been to manchester one day, i will buy a good seat for my watching .
i pounds : 15 RMB ( chinese money) i think the currenty rate
WHAT !!

So you say to us that in China 1 year wages is maybe £200 !!

Phewwww.....

This is no good.

In Romania Teacher is good job and they are earning maybe $100 per month or £50..........I think this is bad but you get less money than our people do !!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I don't think id pay above £50.....it will have to be one hell of a match otherwise........and il have to spend more money on travel etc

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
well when i finally get the ok from work and my bank account ,im going to go see
the old t. tour and then the following game(?) i know its gonna be a huge price for me coming from america,but i will be on top of the world those days.i guessing with lodging,game and tourist things 3,000$ ? so if you see anyone thats speaking american slang english , feed us we are broke! lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
Any game? If it was the CL final I wouldn't care what I payed, I'd pay £100 ><

For a normal game the £45 or whatever it is now is just about okay.

Travel is almost free for me though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers for everyones input, gives me a bit of an insight of how others view things.
Would have been better if everyone had started their post..

" I would not pay more than X pounds for any ticket for any game ".

But its not hard to work out from everyones reply.

·
Registered
38 Posts
a good job like work in for th goverment can get 6000 rmb a month.about 5000 pounds a year is it good wage...?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts