Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that Liverpool beat Aston Villa 5-0 and are in unbeatable form, how will we react :confused:, i mean the Villa game is a MUST win game, i am really worried with United at the moment, i don't know how they will react to 2 huge defeats, i am still keeping possitive though that we will win the leauge.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
i'd be happy with a 0-0 in our next two games, get some clean sheets and start from the beginning again.

If we finish second in the league it'll still be a good season. 2 trophy won already chaps

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
i'd be happy with a 0-0 in our next two games, get some clean sheets and start from the beginning again.

If we finish second in the league it'll still be a good season. 2 trophy won already chaps
Not so sure about those comments, are you being sarcastic?

If we were to draw our next 2 games, the dippers could overtake us into 1st place..

If we were to finish 2nd, that means Liverpool will win the title for the 19th time, meaning that we blew the title and lost to our biggest rivals..!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
the last time anything like this happened i think we conceded six at southamton and five at newcastle and finished the season superbly , hope the same happens again

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think it's also important to consider how Villa will react. Their fans have booed one of their best players, they haven't won since 7th Feb and they've just been battered 5-0.

The last place they'll want to go for their next game is Old Trafford. I wouldn't be surprised if we coasted to an easy victory - even without Vidic, Scholes and Rooney.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
I think it's also important to consider how Villa will react. Their fans have booed one of their best players, they haven't won since 7th Feb and they've just been battered 5-0.

The last place they'll want to go for their next game is Old Trafford. I wouldn't be surprised if we coasted to an easy victory - even without Vidic, Scholes and Rooney.
OR they will be much more determined and out to prove a point against us.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts

I don't think it will be like that, we won't have the confidence to 'cruise' to a victory. I think its going to be a slightly nervy but very hard fought match that I THINK we will eventually win.

·
Registered
19 Posts

No way, Id rather leave the other trophies and win the Premier League so we can have 18 titles like liverpool. I wouldnt want liverpool to go ahead of us and have 19 titles.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
and for my 1,000 post

we will start hitting top form, by taking Villa apart and then make it 18-18.
YSB have that!!!!
RED ARMY!!!​

i think that was producive enough:D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Interesting, that could be it or Villa might be looking for their own reaction too. This is a game i think that both have something to prove especially after a huge setback. The very first thing they want is to win against us and that will take away all disappointment they have in their last game.

The last thing i want our guys to do thou is to panick. Too often we did that whenever we failed to score especially when we are behind. My biggest hope is that our international players out on duty will come back injury free before i could even ask for any reactions.:(

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
we will start hitting top form, by taking Villa apart and then make it 18-18.
YSB have that!!!!
RED ARMY!!!​

i think that was producive enough:D
Thats the attitude^^^^:specool:

Hate the negativity here lately?
RichardReds your post was a disgrace, would you be happy to hand the scousers the league..... shame on you if you would.
And Richie you think it could be nervy because we're low in confidence, you do understand that Villa are probably the worst form team and can't buy a win at the Mo plus they never give us a game at OT. If i could have any team to play right now i'd pick Villa. We're gonna go out there an beat them, I know we will. We have Fergie to put this right and no better man for the job, he's been there and done it for years.

Bring on Villa

Red Army!!

·
23,699 Posts
It would be so much easier to shout slogans and cry for blood, like what we did before the Fulham game. But after the horrendous no-show reaction to the Poo game at Craven Cottage, I honestly don't know what to expect anymore. Not that I am faithless but that I am now less exuberant.

As I have mentioned in another thread, this is really going to be a very severe test for the team indeed. Notwithstanding that we have about a quarter of the First XI missing either due to suspension or injury and that Villa are also an injured animal too after another mauling by Poo.

I am really both curious and anxious to know what this current squad is truely made up of, especially after the hard-to-forget or rather the how-to-be-allowed-to-forget defeat at OT just a fortnight ago. Or has any psychological blow really been actually dealt to this relatively still-young squad after the recent farce? Or will they finally turn up when it matters even more than before?

My covert hope lies mainly in the unparalleled experiences of Fergie in such circumstance. He must know what it curtails and what is needed now with our present thinner resources. And of course the most important mental and psychological aspects in this critical stage of the season.

We have done this before and we can do it again. But for now, any manner of attaining that precious 3 points to kickstart things again will suit me fine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts