Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its never been done before and I believe we were the closest ever to doing it in the early 90's villa beating us in the league cup final .

So how high of a achievement would it rate ?

Would you take the domestic treble over a single Champions league victory ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,009 Posts
red dave said:
Its never been done before and I believe we were the closest ever to doing it in the early 90's villa beating us in the league cup final .

So how high of a achievement would it rate ?

Would you take the domestic treble over a single Champions league victory ?
I want the league more than anything this year, so yes, I'd take the domestic treble. A quadtruple though would be better.

We should have had a treble last year too mother than our terrible luck against Portsmouth. How we did win that game is beyond me.:mad:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts
peterswellman said:
I want the league more than anything this year, so yes, I'd take the domestic treble. A quadtruple though would be better.

We should have had a treble last year too mother than our terrible luck against Portsmouth. How we did win that game is beyond me.:mad:

Yeah.....but I wouldn't risk it all, going back in time, seeing us win the game and
then play out the season frm there...could have ended up trophyless. Remember
Chelsea lost later that day I think so results could've been different.


As for this season...I think the domestic treble is odds on IMO....FA Cup is due a win
IMO, and as for the CL, we have a good a chance as anyone!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
peterswellman said:
I want the league more than anything this year, so yes, I'd take the domestic treble. A quadtruple though would be better.

We should have had a treble last year too mother than our terrible luck against Portsmouth. How we did win that game is beyond me.:mad:

You mean didnt lol!!

Yeah the league will be sweet this season with us pulling level with liverpools title count.

The Champions league is my favourite Ive enjoyed to 2 wins more than any other trophy win.

I love winning the league every year and its great for the 12 months you hold it but because Ive only witnessed 2 Champions league wins it makes it that extra bit special .

Saying that Id like to win it without them make me feel sick for once lol!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,009 Posts
Keano! said:
Yeah.....but I wouldn't risk it all, going back in time, seeing us win the game and
then play out the season frm there...could have ended up trophyless. Remember
Chelsea lost later that day I think so results could've been different.


As for this season...I think the domestic treble is odds on IMO....FA Cup is due a win
IMO, and as for the CL, we have a good a chance as anyone!
Oh I would change it form the world mate. Hindsight is a great thing but it was only one more game and we had to just beat Cardiff. Such a shame.

Barcelona are looking a cracking outfit this year imo. It's theirs to lose but we should be there with them. United v Barce final would be a cracker.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,009 Posts
red dave said:
You mean didnt lol!!

Yeah the league will be sweet this season with us pulling level with liverpools title count.

The Champions league is my favourite Ive enjoyed to 2 wins more than any other trophy win.

I love winning the league every year and its great for the 12 months you hold it but because Ive only witnessed 2 Champions league wins it makes it that extra bit special .

Saying that Id like to win it without them make me feel sick for once lol!!
Oh i'll agree with you there. I never was so overjoyed, with last years win. Couldn't hold my emotions in, at the time though I was very drunk. So nervous before the game and the mates(Liverpool swine) had been winding me up all day. Once I got in with the United boys though was just a fantastic night.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
peterswellman said:
Oh I would change it form the world mate. Hindsight is a great thing but it was only one more game and we had to just beat Cardiff. Such a shame.

Barcelona are looking a cracking outfit this year imo. It's theirs to lose but we should be there with them. United v Barce final would be a cracker.
Yeah but wouldnt it hurt if we got there and got beat !!!

I only want us there at the top of our game when were flying and for me this season we are doing ok but some games we labour to victory.

Id rather take a domestic treble and leave Europe then be beat in the final that would be sickining !!
 

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
Domestic treble sounds very nice indeed to me, but its Europe that remains the big one for me, having said that, equalling Liverpool's record, stopping them winning, and getting the 3 in a row that Chelsea never managed, is equally massive.

We are definately challenging for everything, but one bad game in any cup competition, or even the league these days, can cost you the trophy, so I won't ecpect too much.

I think if we can pull through this injury crisis and still be top in the league we should have that in the bag really, with the cups though, as I say it only takes one off day and you're out.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,009 Posts
red dave said:
Yeah but wouldnt it hurt if we got there and got beat !!!

I only want us there at the top of our game when were flying and for me this season we are doing ok but some games we labour to victory.

Id rather take a domestic treble and leave Europe then be beat in the final that would be sickining !!
Of course, positive attitude is all you can have mate.:)

Hargreaves is a huge loss this year. He would nullify Barcelona alot(if we did meet) and is a cracking player in europe. There is no reason why we would get there and lose. On our day, we're better than anyone in the world, I really mean that. You could put a world XI against us and we'd still beat them.

If we had domestic sown up, I think our experience would work well for us in the final this year. Not many new additions to the squad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
peterswellman said:
We should have had a treble last year too mother than our terrible luck against Portsmouth. How we did win that game is beyond me.:mad:
didnt. :D :rolleyes:

Ill take ant thing as long as we win!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
League Cup is just a big bonus for us...But for me, BPL are our main priority....
We can make a record this season...It could be our first hat-trick for the BPL, let focus on this league..Retaining UEFA Championship this season could be tough but with a big squad like this, We are capable of doing the impossible mission...It's quadruple.....

With young prospect such as Tosic, Nani, Anderson, Rafael, Fabio, Evans plus many more...We got a great future for the next 7, 8 season...We just need a manager that are motivated enough to lead this player to the sky scraper....It's possible that maybe someday we'll conquer the world in football.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
I'd be happier with the League over the Champions League, never mind a domestic treble.

For me personally, the League is the most important competition, and anything else on top of that (like last season) is just a big bonus for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
winning the champions league is for me and us, the absolute number one. without question.!.we need to catch the scousers up for that ! winning the prem league is second, the FA cup next.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
red dave said:
Its never been done before and I believe we were the closest ever to doing it in the early 90's villa beating us in the league cup final .

So how high of a achievement would it rate ?

Would you take the domestic treble over a single Champions league victory ?
A domestic Treble would be nice, but ultimately the only trophy that matters is the Premier League trophy, everything else is window dressing.

It's imperative that we match the scousers 18 titles, so we can stick their 'forever in our shadow' ******** back down their throats.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
ReddestFront said:
It's imperative that we match the scousers 18 titles, so we can stick their 'forever in our shadow' ******** back down their throats.
Then all we'll hear is "5 European Cups":rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top