Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Keano! said:
Anyone seeing it??

Phil Brown sat his whole team down on the corner of the box at the Council
house...and started a rant....he's taking them in now, but that was something
different!! Haha...
yeah i just read that on bbc

seems like a good idea to me could make the players wake up a little bit seeing the away fans that have traviled to the game to see them getting beat 4-0 at half time

i like that phil brown bloke hes a breath of fresh air

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Yeah.

It's been done before though. I'm sure it was Russell Slade at Yeovil who done it the first time. But he went one better and actually brought a tactics board out onto the pitch! :eek:

It's certainly different though, and is actually a great insight into what happens in the dressing room after a terrible performance/result.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Now they have been beaten 5-1, what will he do now? Drag the whole team in chains through the main street of hull ?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
lol i watched the match and they showed it for a bit.. glad to see him yelling at his players becuase they played awful.. city is either hot or not. they have won all there games by 3 goals or more.. they need to forget about buying attacking players that they are linked with since there attcking is 2nd best in the PL and need to buy a solid defender but they are linked with toure

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
yeah, i saw it. it was obviously much needed since they were 4 down by half time.
yeah, apparently it had been done once, mu004 informs that it was russell slade.
but still, for top flight players, on mega wages (i know it's not exactly the same at hull as eg. united/chelsea) to have to sit there and face the humiliation of being embarrassed by city.

yes manchester city, once of 32 years fame. also stars of the fa cup's balloon show, and "let's all laugh at city"

so probably not the best day. but it took balls, and it seems that phil brown definitely has those. they obviously stepped it up a bit in the second half, "drawing 1-1" but in his interview with the bbc, he was still very unhappy, perhaps rightfully. i thought it was interesting that he pointed out the coaching staff as well for not being good enough on the day. i didn't really get that?
did he mean that the shirts were not folded? or did the coaches just pick the wrong team?

also, there didn't seem to be too much reaction from the hull fans. were they happy with it (i would be in their position) or did they just think it was embarrassing and unnecessary?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
despite the great start i think hull and portsmouth will be scrapping with west ham for two of three relegation spots --- wba are as good as down already

1 - 12 of 12 Posts