Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hull City have made a 'substantial' offer for Manchester United's young striker Frazier Campbell, reports BBC Radio Humberside.

The 20-year-old spent seven months on loan at Hull last season and scored 15 league goals as they gained promotion to the Premier League.

Tigers boss Phil Brown has previously stated his desire to bring Campbell back to Hull permanently.

Sunderland defender Paul McShane is also reportedly set to join on loan.

Campbell was included in Manchester United's squad to play Zenit St Petersburg in the Super Cup final on Friday.

Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford, while fellow striker Louis Saha is poised to move to Everton.

While Saha's exit may open an opportunity for Campbell at United, Berbatov's potential arrival could further hinder Campbell's chances of becoming a first-team regular.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/7589224.stm

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
thekeanefella said:
;)

that doesnt make too much sense considering were having a striker crisis.;)
We can use the "substantial" money were gonna get to buy one that's proven.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
if we sell him, i am gonna give up completely on this season. cant win anything with just two strikers all season. we aint got berbatov but if rooney or tevez are injured, we are b*ggered

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
sell him??? neva... he is young and has potential.. his pace and skill on the ball so young is impressive.. why would you sell him and even if we do get berba or huntelaar.. then we have 3 strikers.. and in my opinion having 4 strikers is the best.. this man has a future at united and the substantial bid cant be that big and we will get the money from saha's move.. if anything put him on loan..

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Is everyone forgetting about Manucho? :confused:

Seriously though, we can't afford to let a striker go until we get another one. If we get rid of Campbell, we'll be left with Rooney, Tevez and Manucho. Then if one gets injured, we've got two. Then what if another one gets injured or suspended? :eek:

Things are bad enough without trying to win trophies with one striker. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
manutd004 said:
Is everyone forgetting about Manucho? :confused:

Seriously though, we can't afford to let a striker go until we get another one. If we get rid of Campbell, we'll be left with Rooney, Tevez and Manucho. Then if one gets injured, we've got two. Then what if another one gets injured or suspended? :eek:

Things are bad enough without trying to win trophies with one striker. :rolleyes:
ya forgot about him..lol.. but selling campbell will be dumb but if we buy a striker then loaning him out will be best.. as he will get more oppurtunities at hull than him being here

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
If substantial is 6/7+ million then we need to seriously consider it.
Helping balancing the books a bit is never a bad idea and IF we get Berbatov
then he can go if he likes. Decent player but I dont think he will ever make it
as a first choice striker at United.
Saying that, Id rather he was loaned out to get vital Prem experience just in
case he does turn out to be a gem. You can usually tell with players but some
develop later than others. Ian Wright for example.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
If substantial is 6/7+ million then we need to seriously consider it.
Helping balancing the books a bit is never a bad idea and IF we get Berbatov
then he can go if he likes. Decent player but I dont think he will ever make it
as a first choice striker at United.
Saying that, Id rather he was loaned out to get vital Prem experience just in
case he does turn out to be a gem. You can usually tell with players but some
develop later than others. Ian Wright for example.
well said i really think he mite have what it takes he just needs that time and experance.
he's defo going to get better so i think unless its a good 6/7 million like you said then its a loan in my eyes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Personally, if its £6-8m then i'd take it. Anything less, don't sell or loan him out, keep him in the reserves. If we buy a striker, then rooney,tevez,manucho & ? would be enough. But it would be good to see campbell here for at least another year. We have more than enough good quality players around the pitch & they all seem to get a fair share of games. Sir alex is amazing when it comes to giving fringe players 15-25 games a season. maybe he play alot more at hull, but at united he'd be learning from the best in every department. 1 thing we do know is sir alex always gives young players the option to decide their future. Rossi & Pique decided to leave. Whatever campbell decides, good luck to him.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
If we get in a striker, yeah sell him as he's not good enough imho. But if we don't, keep him until we do have someone in :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
i dont get it, all in all how many players have we lost this window?
i look at the depth of chelsea and cant see us seriously challenging them

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Zense_United said:
let him go
let him go :eek:
what the hell :eek:
he is our main sub Striker and he will have a great part this season
can't believe anybody saying that he was one of our best players versus newcastle
and without anybody biting me He finishes better than Rooney and Tevez

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I seriously doubt he's a better finishers than tevez and rooney, they are immense they just need a goal each then they will flow. :)

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
the lads young, talented and hungry for action,
7 million is alot of money for someone like him it would be hard for fergie not to accept it.
but i think it would be a BAD move to sell him with our current striker situation.
lets put it this way what if we dont get a new striker this window. then what?
we get stuck with 3 main strikers tevez, rooney class strikers but struggeling to score.
and manchado a unherd of who has never played english football in his life.
i hope for the life of me hes a hit but what if he isnt??
dont sell cambell keep the lad give him a season after all hes still learning his trade

·
Registered
1 Posts
the lads young, talented and hungry for action,
7 million is alot of money for someone like him it would be hard for fergie not to accept it.
but i think it would be a BAD move to sell him with our current striker situation.
lets put it this way what if we dont get a new striker this window. then what?
we get stuck with only 2 main strikers tevez, rooney class strikers but struggeling to score.
dont sell campbell keep the lad give him a season after all hes still learning his trade

1 - 20 of 24 Posts