Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about these two Ajax guys? Just watched the Dutch cup final and thought they were both pretty impressive, Babel could be looked at a replacement for Giggs and might be cheaper than Nani and Ribery. Huntelaar, quick, skillfull and a good finisher would fit well with Rooney i reckon, what are you guys thoughts? Both probably cheaper options than the talk of Torres, Eto, Nani, Ribery etc and could leave us with enough money for Hargreaves.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I havent seen anything of Babel, no idea how good he is, owen hargreaves is almost 100%, I think a striker is needed, saha is too injury prone, and smith is just a good squad player nothing more

·
Registered
414 Posts
redmaster said:
I havent seen anything of Babel, no idea how good he is, owen hargreaves is almost 100%, I think a striker is needed, saha is too injury prone, and smith is just a good squad player nothing more
hhhmmmmm :mad: i think smith could have been a great devil but being played out of position and breaking his leg has thrown him and his career is now never going to be as grand as his early days promised. if rooney had been shuffled about the pack would he have ever found himself? i doubt it, such is life though.

Babel would be an interesting gamble giving it a few more thoughts, fast as feck, somebody called him the new henry, although i really really want saha to be rooneys partner, he's here he's red he's all messed up in his head, but thats no reason to ditch him. we have a whole host of forwards, all different and each i think perfect and able to play with each other in any pairing. van nistelrooy proved a striker who is consumed by goalscoring isnt going to fit the team, defenses in the epl will eat huntelaar and the chances he would waste figuring this out would drain the team, just because he's good at putting the ball in the net in holland dont mean he gets to be the final piece in a magical jigsaw that is man utd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Huntelaar woudl be prefct i think, he's young, a real goal poacher and woudl complement rooney well. Didnt he win dutch young player of the year too? Havent seen Babel play that much i'm afraid.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Huntelaar is amazing, his scoring record for Ajax is 37 from 48 games!!!
And he is young, fast...i think he wld be a good signing

·
Registered
166 Posts
huntelaar would be an amazing addition to the squad...he's always a threat to the opposition, and knws where the net is...as for babel...i've seen a couple of highlights where he really impressed...but its just highlights

·
Registered
29 Posts
Babel.. iv herd of him but not really seen much of him.

As for Huntlaar..

Id love to see him wearing the red shirt next seson.

evry team wants a new ____ & a new ____.

United want a new giggs, neville, ginger wizard.

and huntlaar will be the new ruud. unless like other forgien players he finds the premiership too physicall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts