Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Klaas Jan Huntelaar: Real to Offload £17M Misfit Perfect for Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Man United & Chelsea
Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar may have only joined Real Madrid back in January but already the press are speculating that the player is unhappy and the club are ready to cut their losses. The signing of one of the most prolific strikers in Europe over the past few seasons was expected to kick-start Real’s season as a direct replacement for injured compatriot Ruud van Nistelrooy. However, the 25-year-old who joined for an initial £17m has since struggled for games and was even not included in the Champions League squad.

This has led to increased speculation that Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Man City may well return with bids in the summer. There’s also the prospect of renewed interest from the likes of Liverpool and perhaps even Manchester United who may well be on the lookout for fresh blood up front. The majority of the Premier League big clubs are looking to add to their firepower and with Real likely to cut their losses on their January signing, surely Huntelaar would be well worth a gamble.

Since moving to the Bernabeu, Huntelaar has made 17 League appearances (11 starts) and scored 8 times. Despite this record he has failed to convince the club’s hierarchy that he is the man to lead the Spanish giants assault on silverware next season. He failed to score in his first 6 league appearances for the club and despite a purple patch of 8 goals in 6 league games from mid-February to mid-March, he has been unable to break up the preferred forward line of Raul and Gonzalo Higuain. He has since failed to score in 6 league matches and has been confined to a substitute role in his last two outings. Since joining Real, Huntelaar has played a full 90 minutes just 6 times in La Liga and recent comments in the Dutch press suggest he is ready to depart alongside fellow countrymen Royston Drenthe and Rafael van der Vaart.

A quick glance at his goals per game ratio for Ajax surely singles out the supposed Real flop as worth a gamble. After all, last season alone he scored 33 League goals in 34 matches and only one of those goals was from the penalty spot. Once again this figure topped the Dutch scoring charts, a staggering 12 goals more than his nearest rival. This season he scored 6 goals in 10 League games for Ajax before his big money move.

After joining Ajax midway through the 2005/06 season the 25-year-old Drempt-born hitman scored a staggering 76 goals in 92 League games. This Roy of the Rovers style scoring shouldn’t have been unexpected given the players striking tally at Heerenveen prior to moving to Amsterdam. In just a season and a half Huntelaar scored 34 goals in just 46 League matches which prompted Ajax to quickly pounce. His career League record now reads 144 goals in 200 League appearances (183 starts), now if that type of form isn’t worth a punt then I don’t know what is!

The young Dutch sensation has banished fears that he couldn’t perform on the international stage too after continuing his scoring form for the Oranje netting 13 goals in just 21 games despite competing with the likes of Van Nistelrooy and Robin Van Persie for a starting berth. He also scored in his last 3 international appearances against Tunisia, Scotland and Macedonia. Huntelaar is also something of a lucky charm for Holland as they’ve won 18, drawn 2 and lost only one of the matches he’s featured in.

When you’ve topped the Dutch scoring charts in 2 of the last 3 seasons, won numerous player of the year awards, finished top scorer in the world in 2005/06 as well as rewriting the record books as all-time highest U21 scorer in Dutch history, you’d expect to get more playing time than Huntelaar is currently getting so don’t be surprised if the English Premier League big guns come calling this summer as Real look to rebuild after a trophy-less season.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

Manchester United look certain to lose Carlos Tevez this summer so may need a replacement, Rafa Benitez is on the look out for new strikers to aid Fernando Torres’ workload. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger may have finally run out of patience with Emmanuel Adebayor and could make a big profit by bringing in the cut-price Dutchman. Man City tried and failed to tempt Huntelaar previously but after failing to land a regular starting berth with one of the biggest clubs in the world may find a starring spot at Eastlands much more desirable now. Harry Redknapp is also expected to wheel and deal with Darren Bent surplus to requirements so a move for the Real striker would be a huge sign of ambition for Tottenham. Will the Premier League finally get to see this Klaas act in action? We will soon find out!

Klaas Jan Huntelaar: Real to Offload £17M Misfit Perfect for Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Man United & Chelsea

If Tevez leaves this summer worth putting in a bid perhaps?

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'm not sure Huntelaar is the best option for us. We could get a striker who can both finish and add dynamic movement to out forward play, he is just a great finisher. Him and Berbatov would not work as a partnership either.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Can anybody else see elements of Van Nistelrooy in Macheda?
Yeah in a way.
I've said it before - that Macheda has all the attributes to be a top striker.
He's big and strong, good feet, quick and he has a good eye for goal.
I do hope he gets more game time next season to develop his talents further, but it's there for all to see the boy has huge potential. I rate him a lot higher than Wellbeck if i'm being honest.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Can anybody else see elements of Van Nistelrooy in Macheda?
Macheda has the goal-poacher traits as well as the creative
type player traits. Exciting mixture.
Absolutely.

The boy can finish and pick a pass / let the ball run through his legs for a team mate....

Very, very exciting. I have seen the likes of Greening and Richardson fail to make the grade, so I'm keeping my optimism on the DL, but this boy looks more promising than them.

Still a season or more away from lasting a whole prem season though.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Absolutely.

The boy can finish and pick a pass / let the ball run through his legs for a team mate....

Very, very exciting. I have seen the likes of Greening and Richardson fail to make the grade, so I'm keeping my optimism on the DL, but this boy looks more promising than them.

Still a season or more away from lasting a whole prem season though.
Yessir, fully agree! :cool:

Thats the difference between us and arsenal. They keep buying youth and playing youth but have no already established/developed players in the team to blend them in with often whereas we buy youth but we dont JUST buy youth. We mix them into an environment of men and winners and buy established players aswell. Its not just about buying youth youth youth because then we'd always be working for the future but never the present.

Wellbeck and macheda both look to have talent but like you said, they have time on their side and are nowhere near the full article yet and we have players who are better yet who cant get into the team sometimes, so while they will get time to develop and co, its not their time just yet imo. They should NOT be loaned out however, training with uniteds first team at the moment is just as good development as anything for them imo at their age.

pz!:cool:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Oooh.... Will the Huntelaar camp finally get what we were screaming for.

He could really add a touch of Klaas...... to Man Utd's squad ......muahahahahahaha
:rofl: i dont really care about huntelaar doesnt appeal to me that much but you seem so proud of that its convinced me

anyway on the topic.

ronaldo....again....take a long look at these clowns that call themselves a football club

1 - 20 of 273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.