Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has hinted he may leave Ajax next summer after admitting he is "ready for a higher level".

The Holland striker, currently the top scorer in the Eredivisie, has watched former Ajax team-mates Ryan Babel and Wesley Sneijder prosper at Liverpool and Real Madrid respectively and is now considering his own future.

"If in the coming summer a top club knocks at the door, you of course will not say no," he told AT5 TV programme FC Godenzonen.

If he were to leave there would be no shortage of takers.

The 24-year-old has scored 37 goals in 48 Eredivisie games for Ajax after joining the Amsterdammers from Heerenveen in January 2006 and has been heavily linked with Manchester United among others.

Source: sportinglife.com

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I've admired Huntelaar for a while but I'm worried that he's too similar to RVN and would cause our style of play to change.

With Bolton's start to the season I don't think Anelka will be hanging around there long either...

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
reddwarf said:
I've admired Huntelaar for a while but I'm worried that he's too similar to RVN and would cause our style of play to change.

With Bolton's start to the season I don't think Anelka will be hanging around there long either...
Yes another RVN would really make plenty headaches for United - only 95 goal in 138 games is going to make real mess of things as they are :p

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I love this guy ive wanted him for some time.
And yes i totally agree he would be a rvn! Which would be great its means goals goals goals !

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
We must sign this guy.

Well at least make an attempt. I find the thought of Ronaldo playing as a striker interesting, but since he cans core so many as a winger, why bother moving him?

He scored a brace in the international friendlies during the week and another against Heerenveen yesterday. One from a header and one a tap in after playine a nice one-two.

http://www.tvgolo.com/football.php?subaction=showfull&id=1206824985&archive=&start_from=&ucat=45&

I think getting a replacement for Gary Neville is still more important, but a classic, tall centre forward should definitely be on the sopping list.
My striker wish list. In order of my preferance.
Huntelaar, Eto'o, Gomez (Only seen two full matches and YouTube, but I like what I see), Elmander.

Benzema is too expensive and just signed a new contract and berba is a sulk. Torres would be an impossibility.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
our style is the best i've ever known it as it is at the moment, and if we wanted somebody that could judt poach around the box and do little else throughout a game the legend ruud would never had been allowed to leave, so what would be the point in spending 12 mill + on a younger rvn ?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Fantastic buy i reckon we could grab him for around 14 mil would be a fantastic purchase scored two in mid week against Austria but still decent goals.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
no need if manucho comes to united next season , with rooney and tevez plus manucho there is no need to spend big money

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
And less ue forget, even Danny Welbeck or Fraizer Cambell may get promoted to the first-team for United. True, they may not fit in seamlessly in the beginning. Slowly, but surely, with the guidance of so many other great players around them such as Giggsy, Scholesy, Gazza & Edwin VDS...they could play an important part for our team off the bench ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Huntelaar is one of my transfer wish list...in replacement of Saha. WR, CT will definitely improve their game in coming season if Huntelaar around. I was hoping that Fernando Torres join us last time, but he choose Anfield instead. So I hope we can sign Huntelaar this time. Don' talk about signing Berbatov, he's moody player & lazy striker sometimes.

We need another right defender to replace Neville, lets say someone like Patrice Evra in case WB is leaving. I hope WB will stay with us..he improve tremendously with his overlapping & crossing..and score goals too.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Do not really want him to be honest. If it came down to a chioce between him and fabiano i would tke fabiano. If hunterlaar was so good i think he would have been at a greater club a few years back. I could be wrong but its just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i dont think we will buy him after spending 35 mil pounds on tevez(if we do).......i dont like the tevez transfer money at all.....completely ridiculous....we can just loan him for 5 years and that will be less money......anyway....no need of huntelaar if we buy tevez

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
akash_reds said:
i dont think we will buy him after spending 35 mil pounds on tevez(if we do).......i dont like the tevez transfer money at all.....completely ridiculous....we can just loan him for 5 years and that will be less money......anyway....no need of huntelaar if we buy tevez
you are right i wanna tevez with wazza and we dont need stroker we have ronaldo
abojodeh said:
BLA BLA BLA

·
Banned
47 Posts
We do not need Huntelaar, he would disrupt our style of play. He is not versatile and quick enough to fit into our team. We have developed a way of playing where all of our front four can play anywhere in the frontline, it is all about movement and skill. There is no space in the team for a player who just stands in the box and waits for chances. A player like Jeremy Menez would be perfect, he can play anywhere in the frontline, on the left or right and is excellent as the main striker.

1 - 20 of 481 Posts