Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Goal.com :rolleyes:

Real Madrid’s disastrous transfer dealings in the 2008-09 campaign appears to be heading from bad to worse. From the summer debacle involving failed bids to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, David Villa and Santi Cazorla, to the Klaas-Jan Huntelaar/Lassana Diarra Champions League registration mix-up, the club are about to have another embarrassing, catastrophic mess on their hands.

Spanish sports daily, AS has reported that Dutch striker Huntelaar, signed from Ajax Amsterdam just 67 days ago for €20 million, is now seriously considering his future at the Santiago Bernabeu after a miserable start to his ‘White House’ career.

In the six league games Madrid have played so far in 2009, the 25-year-old has featured just three times, once from the start, tallying only 151 minutes and scoring no goals. Hardly worrying statistics considering he only officially started playing for the team just 35 days ago, but it’s the lack of confidence shown in him that is raising doubts about his future.

AS has quoted the player telling his close friends, “I can’t stand this situation anymore. They [Madrid] have neither included me for the Champions League nor do they want to play me in La Liga. Juande [Ramos] does not have any confidence in me. I want to leave Madrid. I can’t bear this.”

The striker is feeling all the more distressed by the fact that he could so easily have joined Europe’s other top dogs such as Chelsea, Arsenal and Juventus, all of whom were interested in acquiring his services before he decided to sign for Madrid.

It is believes that Huntelaar has already informed his agent, Arnold Oosteweld, to start holding talks with the club to clarify his future.

Source

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
i know he hasnt been playing much but didnt he have a serious injury earlier in the season? i wouldnt really read too much into it, hes only just got there.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
hatedastarfish said:
i know he hasnt been playing much but didnt he have a serious injury earlier in the season? i wouldnt really read too much into it, hes only just got there.
exactly....

Id like to hear what the pro-Huntelaar lads have to say about this :p (Versa, Abo etc.....);)

·
23,699 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
exactly....

Id like to hear what the pro-Huntelaar lads have to say about this :p (Versa, Abo etc.....);)
Most unfortunate and a misfit... :rolleyes:

And I meant the club. :D ;)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I was going to actually say "Witness the start of some coming into the thread suggesting we sign him"

:rolleyes: :p

·
23,699 Posts
manutd004 said:
I was going to actually say "Witness the start of some coming into the thread suggesting we sign him"

:rolleyes: :p
I almost... :rolleyes: :p

Nah, I am enjoying myself watching Berbatov to bother now. :)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i have said all along on this site that huntelaar is over rated , i know he scored lots of goals in holland but that is a weak league and whichever country he moved to was a big step up , and being 24 he has hardly convinced any top side to snap him up .
i watched him at cardiff in pre season and he did not trouble them at all and he never caused aston villa any problems either , i am glad utd never got him because he would really struggle in our physical football.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Sell Berbatov!! Get Huntelaaar!!! :p :rolleyes:

lol his agent released a statement saying its all rubbish

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hmmm really doubt it, he's been there just over a month, give him some time, I was pretty surprised they didn't include him in their CL squad though ahead of Diarra.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
yeh i think for the rest of this season, he just needs to get himself settled and used to playing for a big club and a big league and get himself used to madrids style. Next season will be big for him but higuain is a better player than him in my opinion so it may be a struggle.

However ruud and raul are both at the end of their careers so he will get his chances, its just about him taking them.

pz

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Already not liking life in madrid??? Now that surprise me cause i would have expect he knew very well what he is expecting. First of all, how could he basically complaint when he is just the new kid in a team where they have many great players. Even thou im not his greatest fan but im not going to jump on him, still i dont understand these players, they have plenty of option in the first place but they make their choice and as soon as they realize thing is not going like what they want it to be, they talk about leaving.I dont think thats an easy way out, if anything, he is suppose to fight for his place and if the manager doesnt like him, make him like him or atleast try to. Anyway i wonder how he'll react if he is to be in tevez position..:p

Well this is a reality check for him, atleast now he can see that in a start studded team like real madrid, he isnt as great a player as he would like to think he is :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts