Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A hydrogen gas fuelling station is being unveiled at the University of Birmingham.

Researchers said the new station was part of a project to see if the gas would be a viable alternative to petrol and diesel in the future.

Engineers will be examining how well five hydrogen-powered vehicles compare with the university's own fleet of petrol, diesel and electric vehicles.

The new fuelling station will be able to power up to six vehicles a day.

A previous hydrogen fuelling station set up in east London to power buses is no longer running.

It had been intended to be a short-term project, and was not re-commissioned afterwards.

Professor Kevin Kendall, of the university's chemical engineering department, said: "We are delighted to be the home of England's only hydrogen gas filling station. "It is absolutely necessary that we have the means to refuel our fleet of hydrogen powered cars so that we can carry out our research project into the feasibility of hydrogen in a transport context."

BBC

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hydrogen can be produced also from water, leaving being oxygen. It is the most readily available free fuel source in the entire universe and ...........

damn! Gordon "Robber" Brown might be reading this ...........................

·
Banned
198 Posts
don't hold your breath guys!. I'm going to be cynical here, we have known about these hydrogen powered cars for a while now. I wonder why there's been no feesability study on it?

Maybe because the black oil being pumped INTO the Uk gives the govt £50m a day in taxes..? World financial stability? Bio fuels to keepm the cost up.. Bio fuels are bull****. It's just robbing a poor mans plat to feed our fuel tank; i think it's atrocious 2.5% bio fuels mioxed with our black gold. basterds.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pass_me_a_rizla said:
don't hold your breath guys!. I'm going to be cynical here, we have known about these hydrogen powered cars for a while now. I wonder why there's been no feesability study on it?

Maybe because the black oil being pumped INTO the Uk gives the govt £50m a day in taxes..? World financial stability? Bio fuels to keepm the cost up.. Bio fuels are (deleted). It's just robbing a poor mans plat to feed our fuel tank; i think it's atrocious 2.5% bio fuels mioxed with our black gold. (deleted).
I dont believe this, two posts I have just read of yours and you swore in both!!! NO MORE! In Fact 3, sod it take a warning.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Red Devil said:
Hydrogen can be produced also from water, leaving being oxygen. It is the most readily available free fuel source in the entire universe and ...........

damn! Gordon "Robber" Brown might be reading this ...........................

geek :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts