Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine this:

Its the 2010 World Cup final, England vs Germany. Carrick has just come back from a suspension (got red carded in the group stages) and is getting the usual abuse from the English media.

The score finishes 1-1. It goes to penalties and its sudden death, if Carrick scores England win the world Cup.

Do you want him to score or not?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
No, because I'd hate for England to win the World Cup.

If Ronaldo can bounce back from loads of media abuse Rooney will be able.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Of course i'd want him to score.

It would make the world see what a shambles the tabloids are and how they are fickler than an average football supporter.
who cares what the media think/say?!

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So people's hatred of England surpasses there love for a Manutd player, meaning they'd want them to get the Beckham treatment of a few years ago?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
So people's hatred of England surpasses there love for a Manutd player, meaning they'd want them to get the Beckham treatment of a few years ago?
Missing a penalty is very different to getting sent off for something silly.
Basically anyone can miss a penalty (Batty, Southgate, Waddle, Pearce, Beckham, Carragher, Lamaprd, Gerrard) Wow thats a lot of missed penalties :D

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Missing a penalty is very different to getting sent off for something silly.
Basically anyone can miss a penalty (Batty, Southgate, Waddle, Pearce, Beckham, Carragher, Lamaprd, Gerrard) Wow thats a lot of missed penalties :D
Atleast we were in a position to get to penalties:p

Though it is slightly heart breaking when the whistle goes at the end of the match. You just know we're gonna lose :frown:

But you didn't read the rest of my 'hypothetical situation'. I said Carrick had alread been sent off, thus was already getting the Beckham treatment from press and fans alike.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Sly one Burnzy :rolleyes:

Ofcourse i wouldn't like a united player getting the same abuse as Beckham did as that was totally over the top, but i just could never bring myself to want Scotlands biggest rivals to win the World Cup.

Sitauations like this are another reason i would LOVE united players to never play for England again.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
What happened to Beckham was a travesty. He was just a boy at the time and had the entire country hating him to the point they were sacrificing models of his. When he gave everything for his country and just did something silly that anybody could have done that shouldn't have been a red card anyway.

I wouldn't wish that or anything similar on any player from any country.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Atleast we were in a position to get to penalties:p

:rolleyes:

funny watch actually. Taken from the film 'The Van' :D

and we had peno's against Spain in 02. We should have won that game....:frown:

But you didn't read the rest of my 'hypothetical situation'. I said Carrick had alread been sent off, thus was already getting the Beckham treatment from press and fans alike.
Oh I didn't see your edit.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
lol.

Jazz, did you not say the other day that we English bang on about '66? Well, that's about the third time in the past week I've seen that loss against Spain mentioned by an Irishman. :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I hate Germany too, though German blood flows through my veins, so good question. I'd like him to hit a great penalty that was miraculously saved.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
lol.

Jazz, did you not say the other day that we English bang on about '66? Well, that's about the third time in the past week I've seen that loss against Spain mentioned by an Irishman. :D
:whistling:

yeah well, banging on about winning is far less gracious than being bitter in defeat :D

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Hating England has been bred into me so I dont care who it was. John Terry or Michael Carrick or Wayne Rooney. I would HATE them to win

1 - 19 of 19 Posts