Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Darren saying Fergie may retire in two years it got me thinking (ARF-i know!!)

would you rather,in his last two seasons SAF lead us.....

to title 18 and 19 in the Premiership-overtaking those murdering scouse bin dipping rat eaters and well and truly knock them of "their ******* perch" BUT they win they're 6th CL......

OR

win the CL to make it 4 and then equal those murdering scouse bin dipping rat eaters on 5 CL's each BUT no 18th or 19th Prem......

For me even though i'd hate to see them win the Champions League again,i would rather have the first scenario-to me the league is bread and butter.thoughts???

Oh and the scousers think we are obsessed with them, PFFFFTT:whistling::ph34r:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It's a hard choice tbh, but I think I'd go with the first option as well.

Before every season, the League is the most important for me basically. I know they would then win a CL, but we've got to focus on the League title record first.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
With Darren saying Fergie may retire in two years it got me thinking (ARF-i know!!)

to title 18 and 19 in the Premiership-overtaking those murdering scouse bin dipping rat eaters and well and truly knock them of "their ******* perch" BUT they win they're 6th CL......

OR

win the CL to make it 4 and then equal those murdering scouse bin dipping rat eaters on 5 CL's each BUT no 18th or 19th Prem......

For me even though i'd hate to see them win the Champions League again,i would rather have the first scenario-to me the league is bread and butter.thoughts???

toughie this one. just a few hypothetical questions. who would win the league if we didn't?

if it wasn't the scouse then, consider the fact that we would have won 3 back to back champions leagues, to equal their record and they were still no further away from us in the leagues.

having said that, we would have won 4 back to back leagues with the first one.

hm, i'm leaning towards the second one, but the league is the bread and butter, 38 game slog :confused:

i'll take the leagues, since i ribbed the scousers so much about not being able to win their own league but playing 13 games and winning the european cup.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I've got a feeling Fergie won't want to leave with us being just 1 Premiership ahead of Liverpool.

I think he'll want to build up a decent lead of say 3 or maybe even 4 Premiership ahead of Liverpool.

He's scared of retirement. His whole life for the last quarter of a Century has been United.

He's scared of leaving.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a feeling Fergie won't want to leave with us being just 1 Premiership ahead of Liverpool.

I think he'll want to build up a decent lead of say 3 or maybe even 4 Premiership ahead of Liverpool.

He's scared of retirement. His whole life for the last quarter of a Century has been United.

He's scared of leaving.
:D
Hense why i called it hypothetical situation:D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I dont like hypothetical Situation especially like this one...it scare me:eek:

I think both are lose lose situasion...if we win them by the premier league, they still have the CL to boost about as we know they cant live past that but sure, if i have to choose, i'll pick the Premier League any day ...that said, i do want another CL trophy so badly especially under sir alex not to beat anyone record but to add to sir alex achievement..:D

·
Banned
12,703 Posts

OR

If neither Chelsea nor Liverpool win those two Premierships I'll
go with scenario 2. Three consecutive CL's is too much to resist.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
If neither Chelsea nor Liverpool win those two Premierships I'll
go with scenario 2. Three consecutive CL's is too much to resist.
Good thinking. Ill go along with this as well. Maybe Everton or Villa could win the league for the next 2 seasons. That wouldnt upset be a tenth as much as Pool winning it. 3 CL's in a row will never be accomplished by anyone, certainly not in its current format, so I choose that.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
gotta be the 1st option - Scousers cling to their league title line more than sellotape to paper - they'll use the CL line but not as much so option 1

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Don't know why people care about Chelsea winning the league. Anyone over them ***** (liverpool) anyday.
I hate Liverpool more but Chelsea are where they are today
thanks to the Russian's money and I'd rather a team like Arsenal,
who spend miniscule amounts of money, won the league than
Chelsea. Naturally, in an ideal world Hull City would win the League
if we didn't but sadly Chelsea, Liverpool and maybe Arsenal are
the only realistic bets.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i think in terms of history and also money its gotta be the champions league 3 in a row would be an amazing feat and would never be achieved again in IMO but then again i would feel sick seen either two of them ***** Gerrard or Terry lifting the premier league trophy!

its a toughy but if say Le Arse won the prem for two years straight and we won the champions league two years straight i would take that because been realistic no one besides us,Chelski,Liverpoo or Le Arse wont win the prem for a long long time!

why cant we have a situation of wining both the Champions league and Prem for 2 years straight :D:p

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I hate Liverpool more but Chelsea are where they are today
thanks to the Russian's money and I'd rather a team like Arsenal,
who spend miniscule amounts of money, won the league than
Chelsea. Naturally, in an ideal world Hull City would win the League
if we didn't but sadly Chelsea, Liverpool and maybe Arsenal are
the only realistic bets.
I know that, and agree with every word you say here.

However, if it means that Liverpool don't win it, then I don't mind Chelsea. I pity them rather than hating them.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
However, if it means that Liverpool don't win it, then I don't mind Chelsea. I pity them rather than hating them.
I'm going to be very unpopular for saying this but I'd prefer Liverpool over Chelsea winning the league.

Commence hate in 3... 2... 1... :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts