Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an admission to make. I do not hate and have never hated Liverpool Football Club.

I do not hate them simply because I have never been in fear of or intimidated by the institution/ propaganda machine of Liverpool, the second most successful club in England for the past 20 years !!!

I believe it was George Bernard Shaw who wrote that ‘Hatred is the cowards' revenge for being intimidated,' and for the last ten years since I followed United I have failed to subscribe to the hype from down the other end of the M62.

I have been amused and bemused by Liverpool's obsession and hatred of all things Manchester United - but never have I been intimidated !

This enmity of course is based on success and which club is the biggest/most famous/most successful. Well I can answer that quite easily. We have the biggest ground, the biggest turnover, the better players and for the past 20 years by far the most success - for someone who does not know who the best club has been for the past 20 years you'd have to ask an Eskimo which club is the most famous!

It's reminiscent of two heavy-weights slugging it out on the ropes looking for the knockout punch that never comes and the referee declares a draw. This bitterness and rancour is purely a modern phenomenon.

When it comes to football however both clubs are remarkably similar. Both have been touched by tragedies. Both were built up by Scots from mining stock that fashioned their respective clubs in their image. Their legacy can still be felt in the corridors of both stadiums! Bill Shankly and Matt Busby both have statues erected in their honour and you can feel them watching over the empires they built, like guardian angels! Liverpool fans perception is that the media has never given their achievements the credit they deserve whereas United success since the 90's has been totally overstated. The ‘theatre of dreams' tag and the Hollywood style film premiere of ‘Beyond the Promised Land' about the 1999 season being two examples of brilliant marketing used by United that Liverpool failed to utilise in their time at the top !

……….and who can they blame but themselves :D :D

·
Banned
836 Posts
I hate Liverpool because they'll go the same way as Chelsea did with buying success from a billionaire. I hate Hicks and Gilette. Why did we get stuck with an American who had to put debt on us when we could of had someone who could of afforded the 600 million and odd to buy us.

When Liverpool actually become a serious threat to our title chances then you'll hate them even more. I've never had any hate for Chelsea until they had Abramovich and I never did hate Arsenal until they bought half the French squad.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.......I wont hate them because I am not intimidated by their propoganda and bullshit !!!

I just feel sorry for them being a second rate club for 18 years now - must be oh so hard to live in the shadows of UNITED....UNITED.....UNITED !!!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
What you trying to say here Anderson....come on tell Aunty Carly and I will help ya write it out properly :p :p :p

If I told you what I really thought of that post, it would be so bad I 'd be banned from this forum!
:mad:

That is all I am saying!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anderson's God said:
If I told you what I really thought of that post, it would be so bad I 'd be banned from this forum!
:mad:

That is all I am saying!
Well say it in a mature manner with no swearing and I'm sure they wont ban you

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jazz 16 said:
Well written Carly with some good points but I gotta agree with Arbucks.....
Some people seem to be getting a little confused with this and seem to think I like Liverpool - Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - even the thought of that makes me wanna puke :eek:

All I was saying was I dont have time to waste worrying about a second rate team like them - I'd much rather save my enthusiasm for celebrating United's upcoming successes this year :cool:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
He probably did actually - the best team near him is Maccaibi Haifa and they're pretty shite :p
They are actually very good in there league and because I was born in Haifa, I support them, they have a nickname in Israel - the Israeli Manchester United, gives me even stronger reason to support them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
He probably did actually - the best team near him is Maccaibi Haifa and they're pretty shite :p

Honours

* Old Liga Leumit/Ligat ha'Al[1] titles: 10
o 1983/84, 1984/85, 1988/89, 1990/91, 1993/94, 2000/01, 2001/02, 2003/04, 2004/05, 2005/06
* Old Liga Alef/Liga Artzit[2] titles: 2
o 1965/66, 1974/75
* State Cup 5
o 1962, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1998
* Toto Cup 3
o 1994, 2002, 2006.
* Israel Champion of Champions Cup 3
o 1962, 1985, 1989
* Sukkot Cup 1
o 1958
* Lilian Cup 1
o 1984

Never Judge a book by its cover! :mad:

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
allwaysred said:
if youve got no time to waste on liverpool fc them why do you keep talking about them. As for the thought of liverpool making you wanna puke my god girl look in a mirror and you will soon puke.
There is alot of hate on this site and alot of talk about liverpool are man u that boaring that you need to chat about liverpool. Im not a liverpool fan but when you read some posts that you talk about how can u say you havent got the time of day for liverpool. You do chat s**t
Phew - took me nigh on 45 mins to decipher that. Did they not teach you the use of punctuation in your school/institution ?

The great beauty of a forum is the fact people can talk on any subject they wish to. I have exercised this right and if it doesn't quite fit in with your plans well thats just tough poo poo I'm afraid.

Simple solution - dont read it.........hardly rocket science is it ? But it was beyond you.........:D :D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
allwaysred said:
if youve got no time to waste on liverpool fc them why do you keep talking about them. As for the thought of liverpool making you wanna puke my god girl look in a mirror and you will soon puke.
There is alot of hate on this site and alot of talk about liverpool are man u that boaring that you need to chat about liverpool. Im not a liverpool fan but when you read some posts that you talk about how can u say you havent got the time of day for liverpool. You do chat s**t
:D :D :D - You speak your mind, thats brilliant. Good work mate - AWESOME!

·
Banned
142 Posts
allwaysred said:
Listen, mate....you may not agree with another members point of view on here but at least be civil to forum members.

You've said 'look in a mirror and you will soon puke'...which is most definitely a personal and abusive post....your post has been reported to the Admin/Moderators of this site.:mad:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.