Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...... when Sir Alex does decide to call it a day & leave. This is something that i think about a lot & wonder how our club will pan out when he steps down & someone else takes charge.

I can't think of anyone in todays game other than Martin O' Neil who would be capable to manage United & play football the United way.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Yeah its a real scary thought Id like Martin O'Neill aswell he gets players playing for him and builds relationships.

Is he the same as Fergie no he isnt but there isnt another Fergie is there . Well his son is a Fergie but whether he has his fathers management skills is yet to be seen . Wouldnt it be brilliant though if he could hand the club to his son .

Ive heard a few who have said Jose Mourinho but his style of football is so negative and I dont think it would be welcomed at Old Trafford .

If Jose did end up getting the job I would hope he kept the Coaching staff at the club that are there now so we could keep our style of play .

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't mind seeing Jose at the helm even though his style of football isn't the United way.
If it was down to Fergie, i don't think he'd want Jose managing the club.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Fergie will have alot of input on who gets the job after him, but i wud worry about that latter and enjoy the last 18 months left as i think he will retire in 2010.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I just hope the right man gets the job, and whoever it maybe they are given a chance and the time to fit in. We have been so spoilt having SAF for 22 years, i dont want to have a new manager every couple of years.

Anyway i cant even bring myself to think of the day God leaves. Its going to be awful :(

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
There is a Ferguson Replacement thread somewhere, so you can go there to see what everyone else is thinking.

Jose Mourinho is a definite no for me, as is Martin O'Neill. But tbh, I'm not really 100% sure who I'd like. I've said Slavan Bilic in the past, but he'd need to prove himself at club level first.

I always seem to change my choice I'm so unsure, but my choice atm is Zico.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts