Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definately fancy evra to be a big player for us this season, he's looked really good pre season. Think he got 2 goals last season for us but he has already scored 3 in pre season this season. He is great at powering forward and the lad can certainly finish when he gets in the box...

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
i reckon your right, he loves to get forward hes really quick and hasnt got a bad shot on him. He might even get pushed up to left midfield like in the community shield.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
yea def, due to the fact during pre season he has been given a role in the left midfield. but if he is going to keep the left wing position he has strong competition for a place there. but he will def be first choice as left back

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I agree. He's got a decent shot and loves to get forward.

With Vidic powering in headers, Rio grabbing a couple and Evra netting a few I can see our defence contributing quite a few goals next season.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Evra has no choice but be a BIG player this year !!!

With Neville getting injury from time to time and Rio not doing his job too well either - plus He*nze wants to convert to 'Bin Dipperism' - right now we only have Vidic and Evra in defence that I have much confidence in !!!

For all this shouting for strikers and more, more goals - everyone forgets our defence is very shaky right now !!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Totally agree with you there carly ,rio can be shakey at times and nev having injury problems we will expecting big things from Vidic and Evra . The question who is no . 1 choice at left back is obviously over and Evra should stamp his authority by proving to be the best left back in the league and if he can score a few then evan better .

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
yeah i agree too......the way he gets forward as much as he can i expect him to get a bag load of assists then maybe around like 5 goals.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
I wouldnt call our defence shaky, but I agree it could be tighter.

Now Chelsea with out Terry, that is what I call shaky =]

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
greenhoff said:
Totally agree with you there carly ,rio can be shakey at times and nev having injury problems we will expecting big things from Vidic and Evra . The question who is no . 1 choice at left back is obviously over and Evra should stamp his authority by proving to be the best left back in the league and if he can score a few then evan better .
I think he is the best left back in the country now !!!

I dont know any guy like him at left back who can run down the wing and leave 3 or 4 players behind and deliver crosses like he does !!!

Neville is the same on the right too - Vidic is solid.........Rio though makes me feel nervous you know when the ball comes to him - he has gone wrong somewhere I think...

·
Registered
63 Posts
He keeps forgetting to piss not good for you ,Evra right is the best at the moment and can only get better ,best we have had since dennis hope he has the same consistency .

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Justice said:
I wouldnt call our defence shaky, but I agree it could be tighter.

Now Chelsea with out Terry, that is what I call shaky =]
Madrid found it to be quite shaky !!!

United can get away with this in the premier league !!!

Go into Europe as the defence is now and eventually you will be in big troubles !!!

Same again this year I promise you - unless something is done about it.

Pique look good to me last night when he play - he is very big guy but very, very quick too.......Rio out Pique in........

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Madrid found it to be quite shaky !!!

United can get away with this in the premier league !!!

Go into Europe as the defence is now and eventually you will be in big troubles !!!

Same again this year I promise you - unless something is done about it.

Pique look good to me last night when he play - he is very big guy but very, very quick too.......Rio out Pique in........
:eek: not yet.....and certainly not in Europe this season. Rio will be good this season - just u wait and see ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Heinze is still by far the best left back that we have at Manchester United.

Evra cannot defend, I don't know why people can't seem to get there head around this fact. He is very good at going forward, his two or three good runs in a game takes the spotlight of the lad's lack of defending.

Last season Evra did well against all the mediocre teams and Manchester United would keep a clean sheet, but when it came to the big games he was on the bench, replaced by Heinze. I can’t speak for anyone else but the mere fact that he was on the bench for a lot of the big games speaks volumes for me.

Heinze has no case; in court. The outcome is simple either see out your 2 years at Manchester United or move abroad. There is nothing Liverpool can do. There only chance of signing Heinze is if Manchester United accept a bid from them. It's not going to happen.

We don't need a left winger, we need someone who can defend.

·
Registered
63 Posts
RedArmy said:
Heinze is still by far the best left back that we have at Manchester United.

Evra cannot defend, I don't know why people can't seem to get there head around this fact. He is very good at going forward, his two or three good runs in a game takes the spotlight of the lad's lack of defending.

Last season Evra did well against all the mediocre teams and Manchester United would keep a clean sheet, but when it came to the big games he was on the bench, replaced by Heinze. I can’t speak for anyone else but the mere fact that he was on the bench for a lot of the big games speaks volumes for me.

Heinze has no case; in court. The outcome is simple either see out your 2 years at Manchester United or move abroad. There is nothing Liverpool can do. There only chance of signing Heinze is if Manchester United accept a bid from them. It's not going to happen.

We don't need a left winger, we need someone who can defend.
Dennis Irwin is the best left back we have ever had its definately not Heinze..

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Rio is such a solid centre back stop hating on him Carly!!! He's a mile better than Terry is. He very rarely makes mistakes, 6ft+, Strong, Quick, Not slow on the ball either.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
If we can keep our preferred back 4 fit (Nev, Rio, Vidic & Evra) and deploy Hargreaves in the defensive midfield role in Europe then we should be able to keep a few clean sheets.

Our away form in Europe has been dreadful for years and a solid defence would be a good foundation to start improving our away record.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts