Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Louis picked up yet another injury in the Bolton game and you could just see his face when he was being replaced by Rooney, it was a face that made me very sad. He's had this look ever since his injury troubles became a regular thing. A look of sadness, irritation, and despair.

A lot of posters on this forum always mention that Saha is a liability and should be sold, maybe so, but some posts are so hateful that it seems like a lot of us don't want to see that it isn't the frenchman's fault.

Have we forgotten what a great player Saha is when he's in top shape? He got 7 goals in 10 starts when we only just signed him. He has averaged a goal per 3 games in total, with his terrible injuries and few starts I dare say that that's a damn good ratio. He bagged quite a few important goals too. I remember a beauty against Chelsea (last season, I think). And what about the winner against Sunderland?

Louis always gives a 100%, but you can't expect him to come back from another injury and start scoring right away. You can even sometimes see him being extra careful in games because he could be afraid to get hurt, I find this very sad as well.

I guess all I'm trying to say is we should give the guy a break. Yes, he's getting paid, yes he's always injured, but you can see it in his body language that he doesn't exactly enjoy all this. I, for one, too think that if someone would offer a decent price for him then he should be sold, it would simply be the right move as football is very much a business nowadays, but deep inside I just wish he'd be fit and playing. Either way, we don't have to be mean to the guy. It isn't his fault after all. Put yourself in his shoes. What is he supposed to do? Quit the club and breach his contract? Get real.

I think it's an incredible misfortune for a player of his class and I can only hope that one beautiful day all of this will be a bad dream for our number 9. He is fantastic and can still be a great for our club.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
He gets 50 to 60k a week for being injured. Don't be so sad. I'm not.
Sure, his unfulfilled potential really is a tragedy of Shakespearian proportion, but football is littered with unrealized genius ruined by injuries. That's why the top players earn what they earn, because they are a species apart.

They have to have the technical skills, athletic ability and have such a high natural fitness that they can bounce from injury.

Saha sadly doesn't have the last criteria. It's ok, mate. His a multi-millionaire and can still play somewhere in Dubai or Japan, makes lots of money, probably release a really bad hip-hop album feat. Vanilla Ica and MC Hammer, enjoy life and retire young and rich.

In return, we get to create space in the squad, buy a fit striker with clinical finishing and play amazing attacking football and everyone can life happily ever after.

Peace!

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
United have had their fair share of crocked stars in the past and the managers at the time have shown no mercy, they have got rid of them. We did the same with Dion Dublin, broke his leg, never got his fitness back and we got rid. Same with Alan Smith, same with many others.

Sorry about Saha, but he is a liability to us now, and he must go.

·
23,699 Posts
Get real, mate. It is nice to be sentimental but unfortunately, we don't have the luxury or room to accomodate that.

We are one of the biggest clubs in the world, if not the biggest (depending on the accounting standards chosen by the top clubs each year), and challenging for honours on all fronts season after season. We are not some community team of retirees and ex-players vying for some Senior Cup for some good fun and laughter.

Don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of Saha when he is ON THE PTICH. We are all well aware of what he can do and the different make-up he is, as compared to the other strikers we have. Sadly however, whatever brilliance, power and contribution he has or whatever reminiscence he evokes, means nothing if he is hardly fit enough to kick a ball or hardly fit enough to kick a ball for long. We just can't afford to keep a good liability on our books. Simple as that. No maybes, ifs or buts.

I believe Saha is frustrated and maybe even bitter about his injuries, no fault of his. I believe the fans are frustrated. And I also believe that Fergie is just as frustrated as the fans and after being frustrated for so long, he should know what is the best thing to do with him too. I remember Fergie commented earlier in the season that 'the boy needs to feel 100% fit." You can interpret it in any way you want but somehow I am not inclined to believe he was acting as a defence lawyer.

Sure, should he move on at the discretion of Fergie we trust, we will always remember him with respect and gratitude, and thank him for the sweet albeit short memories.

But for now and always, Club before player please. Has always been, should always be....

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Red Devil said:
United have had their fair share of crocked stars in the past and the managers at the time have shown no mercy, they have got rid of them. We did the same with Dion Dublin, broke his leg, never got his fitness back and we got rid. Same with Alan Smith, same with many others.

Sorry about Saha, but he is a liability to us now, and he must go.
good old dion . i remember schlepping down to the dell paying a tout 35 quid and watching him knock one in in extra time to win us game one nil . i think he broke his leg in the next match ! who can forget big norm as well . thing with saha is he has had so many chances . we all know when fit hes class but once every three months is no good to man nor beast

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he is a good player and all but this is getting ridiculous!!!!!!!!!
he is surplus to our requirements,because he is unavailable when we require him!!!!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nothing much more to add to this discussion other than to say i am also a big fan of saha's when fit and though injury prone i still think he can be kept on next season - as an impact sub in the solskjaer mould. This season his first team opportunites have been limited but when introduced as a sub he has been sharp and offered a different dimension to our attacking play.

by the way also folks i have just read in the newspaper that he is expected to be fit for today's game so Vive Louis!!!

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
haggler said:
good old dion . i remember schlepping down to the dell paying a tout 35 quid and watching him knock one in in extra time to win us game one nil . i think he broke his leg in the next match ! who can forget big norm as well . thing with saha is he has had so many chances . we all know when fit hes class but once every three months is no good to man nor beast
another fine example was Ian Storey-Moore. Prolific scorer with Forest; we bought him and he carried on scoring then got crippled by a defender, never got his form back and - gone! All in a few games!

·
Banned
198 Posts
I don't feel sorry for him, not the slightest. Money reasons are secondary, I mean paid to sit on the physio bench 50k a week. But primarily because of his injuries. He's now a total liability. he an do no good for the team and he can't score goals. He's been out of the game so long i wonder if he even knows the inner feeling of scoring an important goal?!. My patience, although not of significant importance, has run out with him. One way or another i'd get rid of him, even if we released him to bewilderness. Just get him off th wage bill. I think he also psychologically has a negative effect on the team now as well.

he was a good striker, but could have been better. Now the good striker is gone, he is a dead weight. Get rid of. simple as that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think some of you are missing my point. I'm even told to "get real". About what? All I'm saying is that it isn't his fault, there's nothing "unreal" about that.

Everyone talks about wages too. I'm talking about him as a footballer, he seems like a great professional and I'm sure that he, like Ronaldo, Torres, or any other good player, wanted (or maybe still wants) to be remembered. We talk now about Ronaldo breaking the club's records, Nistelrooy had broken a couple being a striker, but Saha isn't able to do this and I am saying that it isn't his fault and that I feel sorry for him simply as a footballer, not as a guy that gets paid for what he does.

He is talented and if he was fit I think he would have the potential to be one of the greatest goalscorers of today's game. His injuries are no fault of his own, but they are keeping him away from this status. That's what I wanted to clear up.

P.S. I never said he shouldn't go, I'm talking about a different thing here.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Stupid he got injured walking from the changing room to the bench the other day someone told me.
I think hes a decent striker and we should give him till next january transfer window to get himself good or he should go.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
don't feel sorry for saha ,he has had his chances if his body is not fit he is of no use to utd .we desperatley need a striker we can play,his injuries has lasted 18 months or more he seems to get injured with nobody near him.
if saha was fit he would be a very decent player but it has got to the stage where utd would be wiser to release him and get somebody who is fit to play.

·
23,699 Posts
sphinx said:
I think some of you are missing my point. I'm even told to "get real". About what? All I'm saying is that it isn't his fault, there's nothing "unreal" about that.

Everyone talks about wages too. I'm talking about him as a footballer, he seems like a great professional and I'm sure that he, like Ronaldo, Torres, or any other good player, wanted (or maybe still wants) to be remembered. We talk now about Ronaldo breaking the club's records, Nistelrooy had broken a couple being a striker, but Saha isn't able to do this and I am saying that it isn't his fault and that I feel sorry for him simply as a footballer, not as a guy that gets paid for what he does.

He is talented and if he was fit I think he would have the potential to be one of the greatest goalscorers of today's game. His injuries are no fault of his own, but they are keeping him away from this status. That's what I wanted to clear up.

P.S. I never said he shouldn't go, I'm talking about a different thing here.

Think you were talking about me. Lol.

Ok, mate, I understand what you are trying to say and how you are feeling. No offence. Think you were just sympathising with Saha and spoke up a bit for him as an unfortunate footballer per se whereas most of us were just more concerned for the footballing club of this unfortunate footballer. 2 different matters altogether indeed. No matter.....

Cheers!!:)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I love Saha so much...i hate the fact his always injured...i just hope he recovers and stays fit all of next season and Saha on full form is just as good as Torres on full form imo...atleast a goal a game...remember last season the 1st half when he was fit? Amazing goal vs Benfica!! I will always remember that strike!

·
Registered
216 Posts
getting wages fo nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but on the sick bed, the guy should be thown out of OLDTRAFFOD immediately we dont need unhealty characters??????????????

·
Registered
60 Posts
please not another thread on saha. get rid hes no good to us or any other side in any standard of footy as hes never ever fit . sick and tired of utd fans hoping he will be fit for such nsuch a game . he hasnt been he wont be so dont expect him to be ,forget him hes made of glass . buy another next season ok .forget about saha

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would help you if you actually read what people have to say on this thread, sometimes reading the title doesn't exactly give you the whole story you know...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts