Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a great desire on this forum for people to admit when they're
wrong. :)

Ever since Rio got to united I have not been a fan. I felt he was overrated and overpaid. I thought It was only when Vidic got here that united became a defensive fortress - resulting in one pl title, and hopefully a second. I also didn't like the way Rio seemed to blame everyone else when a goal was scored against us.

In the last few games however, with Vidic out, Rio has been a rock. I am now beginning to see what people have been claiming for a while. He is a fantastic defender, and has been key to our success.

If he can get rid of playing the blame game, he would be an excellent choice for the next united captain.

And yes, I was wrong! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,273 Posts
he has raised to the occasion in recent matches, and has been a rock ever since forming the partnership with vidic, and truly showed his ability which cost us 30 millions pounds.
 

·
He wipes front to back
Joined
·
27,655 Posts
praise the lord !!! praise the lord !!!! praise the lord

ladies and gentleman we have somebody in the congregation who has seen the light .

hallelulah !!! are you ready to accept plug into your life ?

i say are you ready for plug !!

you are absolved of all your sins . brotherly brotherly brotherly love !! sing it yall
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
I was never a big Rio fan ...

Ask Jazz ... ;)

I always gave him a hard time ...

Then, as with your good self, I watched him after Vidic arrived ...

And now I am a big fan !!

He has picked his game up so much it's unreal.

I too was wrong ... and am glad to admit it ... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,303 Posts
i have not been the greatest rio fan either simply because i can see how much talent he has but he seems to want to coast through games ,where he has the talent to be involved a hell of a lot more in the build up play.
that said i think he has been our best player over the last 3 months holding the defence together and leading the team towards glory ,keep it up rio your the next captain after these displays without a doubt.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Well to be honest to not be a rio fan is a strange one when has rio ever been a bad defender some people on this site suprise me to be honest
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
503 Posts
moondog said:
There seems to be a great desire on this forum for people to admit when they're
wrong. :)

Ever since Rio got to united I have not been a fan. I felt he was overrated and overpaid. I thought It was only when Vidic got here that united became a defensive fortress - resulting in one pl title, and hopefully a second. I also didn't like the way Rio seemed to blame everyone else when a goal was scored against us.

In the last few games however, with Vidic out, Rio has been a rock. I am now beginning to see what people have been claiming for a while. He is a fantastic defender, and has been key to our success.

If he can get rid of playing the blame game, he would be an excellent choice for the next united captain.

And yes, I was wrong! :D
I was exactly the same as you moondog, nicely said mate!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Wow, its great to see 3 of you admit that you got it wrong, so fair play for that.
Rio has definitely matured over the years. His missed drugs tests and off the
field antics justifyably had some fans worried.

I like the way he gives out to people after we concede a goal. Its what
Roy Keane did, and he is just making sure they dont concede another.

For consistency I think Rio has been our best player this season, and thats
saying a lot with the likes of Ronnie, Evra, Vds and Vidic playing so well.

Anyway good on you all for admitting you were wrong. Its not easy to admit,
(not that Id know) ;-)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Wow, its great to see 3 of you admit that you got it wrong, so fair play for that.

Anyway good on you all for admitting you were wrong. Its not easy to admit,
(not that Id know)
Actually 4 but they are all honest and courageous to admit. Respect. :)

So when will we see "I have not been a big Nani fan"? :D ;)

Or.......... "I have been a big Nani fan."? :eek:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
never doubt rio me because Ive always been of the opinion that when he isnt in the team we struggle at the back so how can I doubt his ability he is a great player and I also believe he loves the club.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
versa said:
So when will we see "I have not been a big Nani fan"? :D

Or.......... "I have been a big Nani fan."? :eek:
lol I hope we see that thread soon :D
I have warmed to him a bit in recent months but after his antics thats all gone.
I can revert back to calling him Nini and giving him a hard time ;)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
lol I hope we see that thread soon
I have warmed to him a bit in recent months but after his antics thats all gone.
I can revert back to calling him Nini and giving him a hard time
Who dare to confront you or even whisper a protest after what just happened? :eek: :(

But he will be back. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
the thing that people think about rio is because he doesnt make last ditch tackles he isnt a good defender but the fact is that he organises the defence so well n reads the game so good that he doesnt caught in such positions and in fact thats the sign of a true leader and defender......and to add on to that hes perfetc with 1 v 1s and incredible on the ball
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
chipolopolo said:
the thing that people think about rio is because he doesnt make last ditch tackles he isnt a good defender but the fact is that he organises the defence so well n reads the game so good that he doesnt caught in such positions and in fact thats the sign of a true leader and defender......and to add on to that hes perfetc with 1 v 1s and incredible on the ball
:eek: How can you say he ISNT a good defender and doesnt make last ditch tackles?
He is one of the best in the world, so good in fact that he rarely needs to make
a last ditch tackle cos he has snuffed the danger out long before then ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
oh contrair monsewer!!

He is a good tackler. The mark of a very good defender is when you do not notice he has played! Anyone seen Rio lately?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
tbh, I was never a great Rio fan either :rolleyes:

I thought he was good but not much better.

He used to always have this thing of losing concentration and ball-watching which obviously resulted in him losing his man, but in the past 2 years, he's got that out of his game. Apart from the very rare occasion (and I mean very rare) he has been absolutely rock solid and deserves the recognition he has been getting.

He is World Class, and deserves to be next captain of United and England, although I couldn't care less who got the England captaincy :p
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top