Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Answers please ladies and gents. I have been thinking for some time that Ferdy is one of the greatest defenders ever but recently Vidic has been growing in confidence and is deciding games for United. He has also been a great stand in for Ferdy to take control of the back four, but who is better?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
1. Ferdy? Not heard that one now if I'm honest..

2. Vidic (Stronger, better in the air, more guts IMO, and has more of a goal threat.

Having said that, its not like Rio (;)) is bad! :laugh:

Z

·
0 Posts
Vidic has been the better of the two in the last 6 months, but Rio was the better of the two in the previous two years.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
There's already a discussion on here about this, is there not?

Anyway, currently I would say Vidic is better than Rio, although being worse than Vidic isn't exactly awful ;).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Vidic takes it over Rio...this year at least...he's just been class, and I feel there have been a few games where Rio has given us some scares, and I can't think of too many moments Vidic has done that this year.

Z

·
0 Posts
Vidic takes it over Rio...this year at least...he's just been class, and I feel there have been a few games where Rio has given us some scares, and I can't think of too many moments Vidic has done that this year.
To be fair to Rio he's been injured for a large pat of this season and hasn't had a settled run in the team. He's been almost flawless for two years straight and it's understandable that he's a bit off the pace after a long time out with injury.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Vidic has been awesome this season, end of.

Rio seems to have had a few shaky moments but I think that may be down to the niggling injuries he's carried.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Rio has been great for United..

But at the moment Vidic is Unreal, Rock solid at the back and a huge threat from set-pieces..

It's not that Rio has played badly at all, just Vidic is one of our most important players this season..

Vidic for player of the year?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would say definitely Vidic this season and probably most of last season if I'm being honest. He just wins so many headers that you lose count. Rio hasn't got that same ability to attack the ball but he's a better footballer than Vidic.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Tough question, but i'd have to say Vidic is better than Ferdinand, Ferdy though is probably the best defender in the world but i think Vidic is just better because he is more stronger, more courageous, scores goals.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Vidic all the way...he's better in the air, dangerous at the corner, better in defending but without he most skillful defender and the cool type defender that even shaky at a time, it's not a complete ManUtd team..

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
For what its worth rio is the best in the world in my opinion .
This debate is pretty silly because they are different and compliment each other perfectly making them them together as the best pairing

1 - 20 of 34 Posts