Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprise surprise Wenger gets the tactics wrong YET again as we are humiliated again. 1st off, Why did we play 4-5-1 again when its doesn’t work for us? And IF you are going to play 4-5-1 Mr Wenger may i suggest a big powerful striker to lead the line vs Terry and Alex rather then RVP? in recent games we have let in 4 goals vs Liverpool, 3 vs ManUtd and now 4 again vs Chelsea. ALL playing 4-5-1 and ALL with Song ( Our defensive ROCK!! ).

But Wenger knows best! Who are we to question the great Wenger? The man who can turn blood into red wine. The main who can walk on water.

Every time we say something about the great Wenger we are called plastics and told to go and support Man Utd, So i hope the “in wenger we trust brigade” sleep well tonight known you are as much to blame for our worst run of winning a mayor trophy for 20 years, you bunch of clueless muppet’s.

I think Arsenal have the thickest fans in the world as they cant see whats really going on and are still dreaming that wenger will lead us into glory with this magnificent bunch of kids with the amazing spirit and mental strength. And of course wenger you don’t need to spend in the summer.

This bunch of players are just fine…And of course next season we will have Rosicky back who will be like a new signing. You are a joke wenger, And the fans who support you are are joke.

I trust the wenger clan will now attack me ( YAWN ) But you know what they say, The truth hurts. WENGER OUT …and he cant take the thick Arsenal fans with him…

WENGER OUT!! And he can take the THICK Arsenal fans with him!!! Arsenal Action

G

·
He's a great manager. His team play fantastic football and I'm sure they'll be challenging for the title again next season. Strange thread.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
He's a great manager. His team play fantastic football and I'm sure they'll be challenging for the title again next season. Strange thread.
+1

The man is a genius, he has changed football with his methods, and I think if you look at the money he has worked with it is a miracle he has a team in the semi final of the Champions League. One of the best managers ever. My only criticism of Wenger is that I think all teams have a duty to produce home grown players to continue the production of good players from a country, and he is not doing that currently.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
+1

The man is a genius, he has changed football with his methods, and I think if you look at the money he has worked with it is a miracle he has a team in the semi final of the Champions League. One of the best managers ever. My only criticism of Wenger is that I think all teams have a duty to produce home grown players to continue the production of good players from a country, and he is not doing that currently.
Theo Walcot, Keiran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere, Henri Lansbury, Justin Hoyte etc are some of the English players I can remember.

Tbh I'd like Arsene Wenger to replace Fergie when he quits.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Wenger is a great manager and after Fergie he's the best manager we will see in the Premier League.
Arsenal play very attractive football and it's a credit to Wenger for their style of play which is appreciated throughout Europe. If you look at Wenger he's done well in recent seasons(no trophies I know), but he hasn't splashed out stupid money on players like Benitez. He's done well with the money he has been provided with and look at how he's developing the younger players at the club.

I don't agree with anyone suggesting Wenger should leave Arsenal, he's one of the best managers ever.
I don't feel Arsenal will challenge for the title next seasson though. There's too many weak positions at that club at the moment and I get the feeling fabregas will be leaving soon. Their defence is a shambles at the moment and they've no real leader on the pitch to dig deep with the going gets tough.
I can't see Arsenal winning the League for a long time, but I do see them winning a cup next season.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oops -it seems i'm at a wrong forum

the guy is a great economic but a very limited manager

has no clue about tactics nor opponents and allows his best players go for peanuts, shows disrespect to his players ,

plus he has become a victim of his own policy

but his team can play some beautifull football - before i fall asleep watching them cruise around the box without anyone shooting from outside

btw - all those who say he hans't got the funds to spend are totally wrong - i actually quotted their chairman who said that he has the money to spend - even if it means 30 mill on a single player

and what does he do ? buys a 6th striker in arshavin while his teams are leaking goals

and am gonna fckuin laugh at him
!!!!

3 titles in what 13 years or so - fckuin genius i tell ya

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The amount of talent coming through the ranks at Arsenal
is amazing and it's almost all down to Arsene Wenger. Their
problem is that they aren't very flexible with contracts and
they are starting to become the team where youngsters go
to get exposure en route to bigger teams. With big European
teams all looking for talent and the big 3 looking as supreme
as ever it's obvious that youngsters don't necessarily want
to stay there.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I agree he's a top manager, and he plays great football but Arsenal won't be anyway near challenging for the title next year.

They need to spend money ASAP.
Up front they have RVP who is class, and injury free could score for fun. Adebayor can be hit and miss but he's still a good player, and they have Edwardo coming back so are fine for Strikers.

They have quality on the wings with Nasri, Walcott, Rosicky and Arshavin but in the engine room they seriously lack quality apart from Cesc of course.

They need two new CD's this summer, Gallas is past it and Toure has lost his way.

So as an attacking unit they're fine but defensively they reek, this needs to be sorted or they'll be left further behind IMO. The truth is the Gunners havn't been anyway near the title in years and they won't be next year unless they sort out the above flaws!

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
They probably do need a new CB, then again, Senderos is
returning on loan, which, come to think about it, is probably
more of a con than a pro. They've got a young Norwegian
coming through the ranks, highly touted, called Nordveit and
Wenger seems pretty much confident of Song's abilities so
maybe not. All Arsenal need is time really.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
besides - arsenal has a mighty net of scouts searching all over the world - not only arsene wenger

although he takes ALL the credit for it

furthermore - he doesn't need to spend THAT much - he only needs to spend on the right places - how much were vida and evra again - how much was arshavin ?

i read that he blasted drogba the diver - hmmm - wonder what he would respond if asked for that shambolic adebayor dive in the same match _ "didn't zee it so i can not comment " maybe

add to this that he is a sore loser and you'll get a perfect picture of arsene wenger

"i sink zat my team was bullied", "z pitch waz awful", "z ref conned us", "bendtner was set up - he wasn't drunk and naked ",- and if you celebrate in front of me i will push you to z ground

G

·
I think they could easily challenge next season. They're 15 points off the pace this year but they've had significant injuries over the course of the season that go a long way to explaining their league position. They've been without arguably their most clinical striker Eduardo for the entire season. Imagine us going a season without Rooney/Ronaldo. Walcott and Fabregas have missed half the season, Rosicky has missed all of it. If you take that much quality from a team they're not going to be as effective and that's why I think injuries have been their main problem this season.

Arsenal are much like Barcelona in the way they play, they don't need an awesome defence because when they're playing their best football it's impossible to get the ball off them. They play possession football and if the other team don't get the ball they don't score. I'm positive they'll be challenging next season once they get all their key players back.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when they play their best football it's impossible to get the ball off them - true

but they don't pley their best football all the time(hell not even most of the time) and they DO need defence

strong defence guarantees you trophies -ask saf,capeelo,mourinho,lippi - all based their play/results on a rock solid defence -

and tbh - i'm starting to doubt that his inability to keep the team fresh/fit is only down to bad luck

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I think they could easily challenge next season. They're 15 points off the pace this year but they've had significant injuries over the course of the season that go a long way to explaining their league position. They've been without arguably their most clinical striker Eduardo for the entire season. Imagine us going a season without Rooney/Ronaldo. Walcott and Fabregas have missed half the season, Rosicky has missed all of it. If you take that much quality from a team they're not going to be as effective and that's why I think injuries have been their main problem this season.

Arsenal are much like Barcelona in the way they play, they don't need an awesome defence because when they're playing their best football it's impossible to get the ball off them. They play possession football and if the other team don't get the ball they don't score. I'm positive they'll be challenging next season once they get all their key players back.
Us Hargreaves, Brown.
Chelsea Essien, J.Cole, Drogba
Liverpool Torres and Gerrard at different stages

It's impossible to go through a season without injuries and Arsenal simply don't have the bodies to cope when it happens.

I personally think they'll get closer to us, but there aint a hope in hell they'll challenge for the title. But with one or two more signings that have experience then maybe they're in with a shout.

G

·
Us Hargreaves, Brown.
Chelsea Essien, J.Cole, Drogba
Liverpool Torres and Gerrard at different stages

It's impossible to go through a season without injuries and Arsenal simply don't have the bodies to cope when it happens.

I personally think they'll get closer to us, but there aint a hope in hell they'll challenge for the title. But with one or two more signings that have experience then maybe they're in with a shout.
I think it's fair to say Arsenal have had more injuries than any of the other top teams.

I don't know why you're so sure they can't challenge us. They finished only 4 points behind us last season.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think it's fair to say Arsenal have had more injuries than any of the other top teams.

I don't know why you're so sure they can't challenge us. They finished only 4 points behind us last season.
Yeah, and if we hadn't have come back from one down against them when Hargreaves scored that free kick they would have finished above us so that shows how close the margins were. This season they have just badly missed a combination of Flamini, Fabregas through injury, Walcott through injury, Adebayor though lack of fom and Hleb.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts

Yeah thats true, they have been hit alot harder with injuries.

I do feel they could challenge, but i think a CB and CM are needed first. 25mil and they could be serious challengers, thats not alot either when you're talking about a top 4 English side.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Well they need that holding midfielder & to be honest I think Appiah would have been a no risk solution.

He was/is desperate for a club, Wenger could've said alright have a 6 month trial contract. Appiah would've signed it.

He has no where else to go. Wenger signs him FOR FREE if he's not up to scratch he drops him.

How could anybody have lost on that kind of deal? In fact why has he not been snapped up?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.