Manchester United Talk banner
201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Fergie mentioned something interesting about Tevez on MUTV over the weekend. He said that Tevez has spent more minutes on the pitch than Ronaldo, Rooney or Berbatov this season.

Interesting, in that case, that he has less goals and assists than all 3 of them.

Stats don't tell the whole story and I'd love us to sign Tevez permanently but I'm sure this is one of the factors Fergie will be considering when deciding whether to fork out the £22-35m (depending on what paper you read) to get him.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
Fergie mentioned something interesting about Tevez on MUTV over the weekend. He said that Tevez has spent more minutes on the pitch than Ronaldo, Rooney or Berbatov this season.

Interesting, in that case, that he has less goals and assists than all 3 of them.

Stats don't tell the whole story and I'd love us to sign Tevez permanently but I'm sure this is one of the factors Fergie will be considering when deciding whether to fork out the £22-35m (depending on what paper you read) to get him.
Yes, he has played more minutes. But a lot of journalists have made the point that he's played most of his extra minutes in the FA Cup and Carling Cup, and not as many in the PL and CL as Rooney and Berbatov.

Still, he has had a relatively poor season. Should have scored more goals and the amount of money they are asking for him is definitely too much.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Yes, he has played more minutes. But a lot of journalists have made the point that he's played most of his extra minutes in the FA Cup and Carling Cup, and not as many in the PL and CL as Rooney and Berbatov.

Still, he has had a relatively poor season. Should have scored more goals and the amount of money they are asking for him is definitely too much.
These quotes about him being miffed at not starting the big games are interesting too.

He started home and away against Liverpool in the league he started the FA Cup semi-final and the League Cup Final. Does he not regard those as big games? I do!!!

He even started the World Club Cup Final, which may not be regarded as a big game by many, but there's not many players who can say they've played in that game.

G

·
i think someone had a point when they said things changed when he was left out of the 3-0 vs chelsea. The fact that his idol and international manager maradona was there must have hurt him bad.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I dont understand how some people come in to the forum and constantly slate him yet they fully praise lesser players like fletcher and brown for example. I have nothing against fletcher or brown, but its just something that Ive noticed recently.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,939 Posts
FERGIE -SIGN HIM UP! FERGIE FERGIE SIGN HIM UP!

The guy is clutch. So much more important to this team than guys like Berba. Get him signed and have this beast locked up long term. You need to hold onto player like Tevez. Throw out whatever stats you want, he is world class.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts