Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His goal-scoring form isn't great right now, but to be fair, we did not create that many glorious opportunities for him, either. I know it's nothin' to worry about. Rooney tends to score in patches, he'll go several games without a single goal then go on a run where he juz' keeps bangin' in all the goals. I remember at the opening game of last season when he first netted a superb brace & created one for Ronaldo against Fulham. Then,he failed to find the back of the net in 10 consecutive matches and there were muppets in the media saying Peter Crouch should start for England ahead of him, then he grabbed that sensational hat-trick against Bolton Wanderers. I realised he fancy to assist Ronaldo & Tevez to score then to score himself. Quite a few times he's in a rather good position to score, he opt to set up others to finish it off instead. Wish he's more selfish tho. Did u notice that his career actually takes the form of a vicious cycle?

1. On red-hot sizzling form, bangin' in all the goals for fun,
2. Injured for 4-5 weeks +,
3. Comes back with a goal-barren spell.

His statistics for United:

2004/05:
Games:39
Goals:17
Assists:5

2005/06:
Games:44
Goals:19
Assists:14

2006/07
Games:51
Goals:25
Assists:16

2007/08:
Games:16
Goals:7
Assists:6

This cycle begins over and over again. He just needs to have some luck with injuries. I have faith in tis lad for he will grow back to form and is a top quality player. I actually rank him as the second-best striker in EPL,after Didier Drogba.*:)
(*speaking of drogba,he's off-form currently)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
both rooney and tevez are not natural finishers imo they are both more playmakers who can score goals

i'm a bit suprised rooney's finishing is not better considering he once scored 120+ goals in a season at youth level

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
andycole9 said:
both rooney and tevez are not natural finishers imo they are both more playmakers who can score goals

i'm a bit suprised rooney's finishing is not better considering he once scored 120+ goals in a season at youth level
Really......?! I hve never knew about tis b4. Izzit 4 the Scousers?

·
Registered
1 Posts
wayne is doing alot for the team , as long as we scoring for fun lately i dont mind one of the strikers to go on a dry spell , thats fine
but rooney is doing more than enough for the team at the moment :)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Really......?! I hve never knew about tis b4. Izzit 4 the Scousers?

Everton youths mate.......

And forget about statistics......Rooney is so much more than that and he always delivers at crucial times unlike a lot of other strikers.....

He will be banging them in again in no time......:)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
He just lacking his ëye of the tiger"so to speak.he just needs one goal to trigger off a sizzling run of golasos.Ive seen him drop off ofrm when he's back from injury,but he always finds back his form with a goal.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Personally, I love the way Rooney plays. Too many times you see someone get greedy and cause a lot of drama. However, he's also not afraid to pull the trigger.

Yes, there are times when he should pass when he shoots, or vice versa, but that's part of the game. You make your decision in that split second, and hope it was the better.

If we had a team of Rooney's, the Babes' rep might be on the line as "best squad ever" :D

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
andycole9 said:
probably against goalkeepers that couldnt reach the crossbar :D

Anyway, i dont mind if Rooney doesnt score everygame, who care when you have thelike of Ronaldo, Giggs, Tevez etc all capable of scoring aswel.

Plus that fact that he does so much more to the team, he tracks back, he tackles, never gives up and alot more.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
we're talking about 1 of the best players in the world, as you say he goes in spells but its not really an issue, his assist record is truly remarkable, and if you add it up hes usually involved in 30+ goal per season!! hes my favourite player since cantona and wouldn swap him for any1 in the world!!!

in fact i BELIEVE I WAS 1 OF THE FIRST PPL TO GET ROONEY 8 ON A JERSEY, I WAS SO CONVINCED HE WAS GONNA SIGN I GOT IT TWO DAYS BEFORE HE ACTUALLY SIGNED!!!!

i nearly did it with torres a few years ago and luckily didnt!!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
eoininho said:
we're talking about 1 of the best players in the world, as you say he goes in spells but its not really an issue, his assist record is truly remarkable, and if you add it up hes usually involved in 30+ goal per season!! hes my favourite player since cantona and wouldn swap him for any1 in the world!!!

in fact i BELIEVE I WAS 1 OF THE FIRST PPL TO GET ROONEY 8 ON A JERSEY, I WAS SO CONVINCED HE WAS GONNA SIGN I GOT IT TWO DAYS BEFORE HE ACTUALLY SIGNED!!!!

Here here!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
eoininho said:

2006/07 United Total Goals Scored-122
Rooney-25 goals & 16 assists (33.60%)
Ronaldo-23 goals & 20 assists (35.24%)
Ronaldo & Rooney-(68.85%) :eek:
They were actually involved in 84 of United's 122 goals scored last season!
Which is also equivalent to 68.85%!

2007/08 United's Total Goals Scored-45
Rooney-7 goals & 6 assists (28.88%)
Ronaldo-16 goals & 1 assists (37.77%)
Rooney + Ronaldo- (66.66%)
They were involved in 30 of United's 45 goals scored this season!
Which is also equivalent to 66.66%!

I absolutely believe both Wazza & Ronnie r the catalyst of success for United! With the immensely talented Red Devils' duo, I can see us lifting the treble once again b4 SAF actually retires!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
eoininho said:

My mate did.............and still wears the jersey in 5 a side............very popular lad he is.......:D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
probably against goalkeepers that couldnt reach the crossbar :D

Anyway, i dont mind if Rooney doesnt score everygame, who care when you have thelike of Ronaldo, Giggs, Tevez etc all capable of scoring aswel.

Plus that fact that he does so much more to the team, he tracks back, he tackles, never gives up and alot more.
my son is at an acadamy at under 8 level and some of the keepers are bigger than me and i'm 6ft 1 :D

Keano4taoiseach said:
My mate did.............and still wears the jersey in 5 a side............very popular lad he is.......:D
i'm suprised any one notices considering you are irish and both liverpool and united play in red :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
andycole9 said:
my son is at an acadamy at under 8 level and some of the keepers are bigger than me and i'm 6ft 1 :D

i'm suprised any one notices considering you are irish and both liverpool and united play in red :D

have you got any pictures.................to back your statement up of course.......:eek:

Leave us Irish alone...............or I'll get Jazz after you.........and then he'll get carly after you.......:p

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
andycole9 said:
what the **** lad, every muppet in the world knows the diff between a united and liverpool shirt, and i imagine any1 who plays 5 a side football has somewhat of an interest in soccer hence would be aware that torres plays for liverpool and not united!!! that was a stupid ignorant comment

Liverpool and united are the two clubs with the largest following in ireland after celtic, due to the great irish players who have worn the shirts of both clubs as well as the connection with irish immigrants moving to these areas for work , im assuming / hoping that comment was a joke now!!!

PS.
Rooney proved this thread was pointless yesterday, 1 goal, 1 assist, 1 genius!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
eoininho said:
what the **** lad, every muppet in the world knows the diff between a united and liverpool shirt, and i imagine any1 who plays 5 a side football has somewhat of an interest in soccer hence would be aware that torres plays for liverpool and not united!!! that was a stupid ignorant comment

Liverpool and united are the two clubs with the largest following in ireland after celtic, due to the great irish players who have worn the shirts of both clubs as well as the connection with irish immigrants moving to these areas for work , im assuming / hoping that comment was a joke now!!!

PS.
Rooney proved this thread was pointless yesterday, 1 goal, 1 assist, 1 genius!

LMAO take a chill pill "lad"................ac9 was joking and I took it in good humour as should you......

It was just a joke hence the big grin smilie at the end of his post.........;)

Yes as I predicted Rooney is a class act and will always come true because football is in his heart......:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts