Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday lunch time kick-offs.
Yes you read it right, bear with me here folks.

United have lost just three league games this season.
and they have all been following 12:45 Saturday starts,

At the hands of the dippers twice, both 12.45 Saturday kick-offs
and against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium in November, again 12.45 Saturday kick-off.

Their only other Saturday lunchtime kick-off,
a Noon start at Goodison Park back in October,
ended in a 1-1 draw against Everton.

You can also add United’s 2-1 defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, last April, Saturday lunchtime.
Then add the 2-2 draw at the Emirates Stadium in November 2007, Saturday lunchtime.

We've only won once in the last seven Saturday lunchtime starts in the Premier League.

That was the 4-1 win at home to West Ham last May.

Does anyone else think that Saturday lunchtime kick-offs affect our performance ?
It certainly affects our results as can be seen above.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Good observation Sal. I have always disliked early kick offs cos it means you have to get up early to watch them :D I was at the Hammers game last May and it was amazing, but I dont like these early kick offs at all. Im not sure if its coincidence or not, and I couldnt pin point why we play badly at that time :confused: its a mystery.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
it's a good point, which might be a bad thing since these new laws that united play city and liverpool at early kickoff times for the sake of police and crowd order.
most of the games have also followed european games, and that west ham game, which as jazz says was a very good game, followed the barcelona second leg which probably didn't drain the players as much because of the elation they would have felt

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Saturday, 09 May 2009
Man Utd v Man City, 15:00

Saturday, 16 May 2009
Man Utd v Arsenal, 15:00

I expect those two to be changed for definate, god hope not to a Saturday lunchtime kick-offs.
You can nearly guarantee at least one of those games will be a lunchtime KO.
The other probably a 5.15 KO.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Saturday, 09 May 2009

Saturday, 16 May 2009

I expect those two to be changed for definate, god hope not to a Saturday lunchtime kick-offs.
I think the derby might be changed to a lunchtime kick-off and Utd-Arsenal moved to 4pm on the Sunday.

That would be my guess.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Liverpool/United games will always be early to stop fans from getting p!ssed before hand.

Probably coincidental anyway... I prefer three o'clock kick-offs personally. We haven't had one of those for a while.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
First it's the complaints about all our away games at the begining of the season, now it's lunch time kick off's. Come off it, how on earth should lunch time kick off's affect our performance.

·
4,055 Posts
Saturday, 09 May 2009

Saturday, 16 May 2009

Yes, both these matches will be televised, so I can't see them being 3pm Saturday Kick offs.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you cant use shit exscuses like that.

there pro footballers ffs they live and breath football
I'm not using 'shit excuses' as you put it.

I'm giving the FACTS regarding Saturday lunchtime kick-offs.

·
4,055 Posts
I'm not using 'shit excuses' as you put it.

I'm giving the FACTS regarding Saturday lunchtime kick-offs.
Yes, true. But how on Earth can they affect the way we play. :rolleyes:

I laughed when you stated facts in capitals :) Not taking the piss, just reminds of Fatty Benitezs' rant.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, true. But how on Earth can they affect the way we play. :rolleyes:

I laughed when you stated facts in capitals :) Not taking the piss, just reminds of Fatty Benitezs' rant.
Maybe having to get up earlier ?
Less time to prepare for the game ?
Still not 100% awake ?

Certainly most seemed half asleep yesterday. :mad:

I don't know, i'm just throwing it out there for members to discuss early Saturday kick-offs. :thumbsup:

Rant over. :thumbsup:

·
4,055 Posts
Maybe having to get up earlier ?
Less time to prepare for the game ?
Still not 100% awake ?

Certainly most seemed half asleep yesterday. :mad:

I don't know, i'm just throwing it out there for members to discuss early Saturday kick-offs. :thumbsup:

Rant over. :thumbsup:
But as Forzaunited said, their professionally trained for that, so I am not sure how they would be affected by an early kick off. It's not as if it's 8am in the morning.

I can see what your trying to say, but I just don't know. I seriously don't think it could be a problem though. It certainly isn't a problem for Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, so why should it be a problem for us.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Saturday, 09 May 2009

Saturday, 16 May 2009

They'll probably be moved to a Saturday midday KO and a Sunday 4.05 KO, as they are on successive weekends, doubt they'd move one to a 5.15 as Setanta would then get the KO.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
I don't think it has too much to do with it, but it is interesting nonetheless.

I really don't like lunchtime kick-offs, truth be told. Too early. Much prefer the 3pm ones. More time for pre-match drinking!

·
Registered
734 Posts
my god sal your a genius :D
ah to be fair it shouldn't matter what time the game is on to a pro player, it would be different if they wer on the piss on the Friday night :D but those facts are strange all the same.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts