Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dreading the thought but I really think he will leave. His unusual comments, the last couple of months have shown this. If he wanted to stay he would say so. But no he continuously says that he dreams of playing in Madrid, he won't make promises.

Added to all this Madrid are hell-bent on getting him. The Spanish media have now started a campaign to get him there. I've never seen Madrid this keen to land a player ever.

He also states that he dislikes the weather in the country and a move to Madrid would solve that.

He has also said that he will make an announcement after the Euros.

That is enough for me to think he definitely wants to leave and probably will. It depends on his team-mates and manager to persuade him to stay but I am not sure.

So does anyone else think he will leave? What would you think of him if he did leave? Should he leave?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yeah, I'm starting to get the same feeling. However, for all we know, it might be for the best. If we sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid, the rumor is we'll get Ramos in return with money. That would take care of our defensive problems, as Brown can be backup to Vidic and Rio as well as right (and maybe left) backs. And with the money we get from selling Pique/Saha, we can get Thiago Neves from Fluminese for the right wing. That would cover our midfield. And with some of the money we get from selling Ronaldo, we buy a new striker.

As much as I like Ronaldo as a player, his attitude isn't the best. Plus who knows, this might be the most he'll ever be worth.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think ronaldo will be with us for a little while, its obvious he loves the players and the united fans. I really think he is just playing to the media and the team/fergie know where his heart is=manchester!

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Grif SA said:
Yeah, I'm starting to get the same feeling. However, for all we know, it might be for the best. If we sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid, the rumor is we'll get Ramos in return with money. That would take care of our defensive problems, as Brown can be backup to Vidic and Rio as well as right (and maybe left) backs. And with the money we get from selling Pique/Saha, we can get Thiago Neves from Fluminese for the right wing. That would cover our midfield. And with some of the money we get from selling Ronaldo, we buy a new striker.

As much as I like Ronaldo as a player, his attitude isn't the best. Plus who knows, this might be the most he'll ever be worth.
Agree completely, though i think Quaresma or Ashley Young would be more suited to replace Ronny

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Didn't you hear him after the CL final?

I love it how the media didn't pick up on this.

He was asked whether he was going to leave man utd, pure and simple "no, i will stay."

I think he's just playing a bit of a game, sending a warning out to fergie & co, basically he wants a huge contract.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Im remaining tight lipped over this, Don't want to lose Ronaldo, United should now show they are as big as madrid in keeping hold of the world class players, In past we failed to keep hold off beckham & RVN to madrid

Keeping hold of ronaldo will attract other world class players to utd & also will help us conquer europe & premiership for many more season's ahead

·
23,699 Posts
My only discomfort is him saying that things will be clear in 2, 3 weeks' time. It is very weird and unusual for an EXISTING already-contracted staff to say such a thing, isn't it?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I don't want to see Ronaldo go, but at the same time I am getting really irritated by his lack of commitment. Even if he's been fishing for a new contract with more money, he should have done so in private.

His comments are always the same "I'm happy here, everything's OK, BUT who know the future. I have dream to play in Real Madrid, you also have a dream .... who knows.?"

It is so disrespectful to the fans. The same fans who carried him and cheered him after WC2006. I am disappointed.

One man does not make a team and if Madrid really offer a ridiculous some of money, I say we let him go and go for Bentley, Young or Quaresma.

Even if he stays, he needs to grow up. I am SICK AND TIRED of his sulking and gesticulating. I hat eit when he stops playing at waits for the ref to whistle. If I weren't a Man Utd fan, I would hate him. He needs to start BEHAVING like the world's best player.

So....don't wanna see him leave, but if Madrid put a lot of money on the table plus a decent player, I say bring it on!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I dont want Ronaldo to ever leave Manchester United. :D

But in all seriousness, I cant see him leaving until Fergie retires.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
indifferent now. what will come will come. i would not want a player to stay for even a second if his heart does not belong here anymore.

·
Registered
126 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I don't want to see Ronaldo go, but at the same time I am getting really irritated by his lack of commitment. Even if he's been fishing for a new contract with more money, he should have done so in private.

His comments are always the same "I'm happy here, everything's OK, BUT who know the future. I have dream to play in Real Madrid, you also have a dream .... who knows.?"

It is so disrespectful to the fans. The same fans who carried him and cheered him after WC2006. I am disappointed.

One man does not make a team and if Madrid really offer a ridiculous some of money, I say we let him go and go for Bentley, Young or Quaresma.

Even if he stays, he needs to grow up. I am SICK AND TIRED of his sulking and gesticulating. I hat eit when he stops playing at waits for the ref to whistle. If I weren't a Man Utd fan, I would hate him. He needs to start BEHAVING like the world's best player.

So....don't wanna see him leave, but if Madrid put a lot of money on the table plus a decent player, I say bring it on!
VERY strong post and i agree with all of it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
don't worry lads. he's playing a game. he's showing united the upset he can cause by leaving, a simple tactic to get a better contract. the man said he'll stay, not foreva but he will stay.

the future who knows, he's basically saying he's not living out his career with united, he'll stay for now but after a while he's gona go to real madrid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.