Nationality: Dutch/Moroccan
Height: 1.81m
Position: Midfielder
Club: PSV Eindhoven
Awards: Dutch Football Talent of the Year 2007

I think this guy was very impressive when he came on for Holland yesterday. He
may have only been on for a final few minutes, but in that time he shone enough
to make me admire him. He hit the bar too haven beaten the worlds supposed
best keeper, in Buffon. A sweet right foot on him too.

Brief clip of some of his abilities.

Views?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drew9 said:
not bad, not ronaldo

Oh!.....So United should never look at players who aren't at Ronaldo's level? :confused:...

.....If thats the way then League 1, here we come, because there aren't many
players of Ronnies ability in the world. 1 or 2, 3 possibly.

Bck to Afellay!

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
omg that was exactly my thought after last night's game. ibrahim affelay at united. i watched a few of his games and he is impressive. but they said at tv he has a clause in his contract....he can leave for 40 mil euros. is a bit too much , but anyway he is top notch player.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Glad to see the manutdtalk.com scouts at Euro 2008 :D

It was an impressive cameo performance by Afellay but that's the first time I've seen him so I'll have to reserve my judgement at this stage.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
well keano this lad wouldnt play unless ronaldo left would he, and he's nowhere near ronnie, so it would be stepping down a level or three, decent young player but no ronaldo no need to get upset about it mate just stating the facts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
wait, so we are involved in 7 competitions and you expect ronnie to play every game in them?

besides, i think its fairly obvious that ronnie is gonna leave at some point, and if they think he might be the heir apparent (and by no means am i saying he will be as good as him) he might be worth a look

·
Registered
51 Posts
After the Holland game, I was thinking that myself. He looked very good, but I've only seen him play in one game, and via YouTube. That's not really enough for me to be able to rate him, but if his performance in the Holland match is anything to go by.. sign him!

@Drew9
And just because a player is not Ronaldo, does not mean he should not be considered. Ronaldo 5 years ago is not the Ronaldo we look at today. There is only one player in this world who can rival Ronaldo, and that's Messi. So if that's the only player you're gonna be happy with us signing, then you'll be pretty disappointed.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
wow...lets reserve our judgment and crap.....he looks good and its enough. if you havent seen him untill now , others did.
i bet ronaldo was like affelay now...a few people saying he is good but...
and united bought him. if u wait too much for a player to confirm he might get away.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
what im saying is he isn't anywhere near ronaldo, and it's not as if he is much younger than ronaldo is he ... maybe a year in it, therefore it's hard to see him ever getting to a level anywhere near ronnie's, i'd rather have ashley young if im honest :) and 40m euros is laughable money for average players already this summer is a joke, and anyone who thinks that would b emoney well spend obviously do not watch enough football to comment ..

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm desperate to see him feature for Holland again. He's only 22 remember so I
think he's certainly worth a look for Fergies men.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Scored twice yesterday.
He's still with PSV, I thought he was on his way to Hamburg this summer, but don't know what happened.
Anyway he's a great little creative player in the mould of Sneijder.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
I was sure he went to Germany in the summer...

Top talent, remember seeing him come on as a sub for Holland a few years back, changed the game completely...

Great prospect along with Elia, would love to see him come to United...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
I was worried he would go to Hamburg then City would snap him up a season later, as Hamburg are like City's reserves these days. :rolleyes: :(

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
He's been very good lately, I did see some links between him and a few other european teams - most notably Milan, but I don't know how much there is to these rumours...

1 - 20 of 106 Posts