Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this Huntellear or Berbatov talk has got me thinking. People are saying that Berbatov could be a 'new cantona' and while I think that could be true, I stumbled across a Ibrahamovic Video on Youtube. I've watched probably about 30 Inter games over the last 2 seasons and have always appreciated how good he is, but I have never even considered him being a 'cantona type' player, until now.

This guy is exactly like Berbatov except bigger, stronger, faster and younger and he is much more of an inspirational figure than Berbatov. He's like Berbatov only slighlty better in all areas and if he was to join Manutd we really would have a 'new Cantona' on our hands.

I know some people will say he will take time to adabt, but with his size I think he could be brilliant here. He used to be a bit of a trouble maker but he has since matured a lot (I think due to having a child, similar to what's happened to Rio)

I realise the possibility of this happening is about 5% but I would LOVE it it we had him.

here's two quality videos on him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqsaDnsEq8 (1 amazing goal:eek: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFwMpk-BYUw ( more of a tribute)

What do you guys think?

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
not a chance. he has caused trouble wherever he has played, although he makes out its never his fault. he is lazy, selfish and only plays on his terms. i would take berba over ibrahimovic preferably eto`o or benzema but failing that huntelaar would do a decent job he is different to what we have, he would offer another few options to our play..

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thekeanefella said:
not a chance. he has caused trouble wherever he has played, although he makes out its never his fault. he is lazy, selfish and only plays on his terms. i would take berba over ibrahimovic preferably eto`o or benzema but failing that huntelaar would do a decent job he is different to what we have, he would offer another few options to our play..
He isn't selfish anymore. He creates virtually every chance for Inter. Every game that he didn't play Inter really struggled in, which is why they nearly gave the title to Roma, only for Ibrahamovic to play injured in the last game I think it was and score 2 goals in the second half.

He has really matured now aswell.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
at the euros he looked like he couldnt be arsed same in champs lge. no doubt when he wants to play he can be a top player. but for me hes another stan collymore........

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
If funny the way you can feel differently about one player from one day to the
next. Im still unsure about this guy to be honest. He is gifted beyond belief
and has a lot of the essential attributes a striker needs. Id still prefer Berba
anyday but he would certainly be one to look at. We had a thread on
Zlatan before and it was interesting to see your pointg of you then TheManc:

TheManc said:
ibramovich is a more talented, but more lazy, less consistent version of berbatov, but he hides in the big games.

Fergie could probably turn him into a cantona type figure but i don't think its worth the trouble.
I think like myself, you are still unsure about him ;-)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Ibrahimovich is a very gifted player, who just doesn't seem to want to win badly enough.

He seems very satisfied with his talent.

In the CL he went missing though and maybe Mourinho will be able to awaken that desire to win. and if he does ....... well.... Inter will be some team!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
thekeanefella said:
quality post...........totaly agree;)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jazz 16 said:
If funny the way you can feel differently about one player from one day to the
next. Im still unsure about this guy to be honest. He is gifted beyond belief
and has a lot of the essential attributes a striker needs. Id still prefer Berba
anyday but he would certainly be one to look at. We had a thread on
Zlatan before and it was interesting to see your pointg of you then TheManc:

I think like myself, you are still unsure about him ;-)
True, which is why I said I previously have never considered him to be a player I'd like to have here, but I now just think the stage is set for him. Everything he could want, we could offer, plus, he would improve a lot with us as at Inter he is leading an ordinary team to the title, wheras here not only could he be a leader, but he would have twice the amount of talent around him compared to that at Inter.

Also in the CL vs Liverpool you have to remember that Inter were down to 10 men, both times (i think) and its already hard enough to play Liverpool in the CL.

During the Euros is was playing whith an injury. He missed parts of the end of last season, which coincidently was Inter's worst run of form for 2 seasons.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Ibrahimovic is a quality player and is one of my favourite players to watch. But there is no chance of us signing him unfortunately. He was Inter's star player last season and he is on a long and expensive contract so Inter would not even consider selling him, especially as the player does not even want to leave. If he ever leaves Inter it will take a mammoth amount of money to sign him, Real Madrid and Chelsea are the only two clubs in world football that could realistically sign this guy in the near future.

The reason I started the Berbatov or Huntelaar thread was not neccesarily because they are the best two strikers in the world because they are not, it was because these are the two strikers that are clearly at the top of Manchester United's list of targets. Its easy to throw any name into the mix like Ibrahimovic Benzema or Villa, but it is about wether they are actually available to sign or not. Inter Milan are not a club that sell there best players, they have ambitions to win the champions league and I don't think Jose Mourinho would of taken the job if the clubs star player was about to leave.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
prefer Huntellar to Ibra becuase Huntellar has a winner's mentaliy and he hates losing just as much as the next guy.He creates loads of goals and bags them as well.He would be a top signing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts