Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
your thoughts???

personally always thought he was one of the msot overrated players ever- always seemed disinterested, unwilling to work and never a team players.

under jose he seems to have been transformed and is a totally different proposition, goals a plenty, lots of effort and determination in eveidence??

think this guy will now be a major thorn in our side over the two matches, what do you reckon?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I've rated him more & more over the last 2 seasons. He's an inconsistent proposition though.

I believe Ferdinand & Evans can do a good job against him but there is one thing that worries me.

Sometimes he can take the defenders out of the equation by lashing in a shot from 25 yards before anyone can get to him.

If Ibra does score it will be a long range effort probably 20 - 30 yards. That's my prediction.

If Ibra scores it will be spectacular. I rule out any scrambled effort from Ibra. There's my two cents.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i think hes over rated tbh as whenever ive seen him hes not done anything at all nd cant see how so many people raved about him

if Carrager can keep him in his pocket so can Evans and Rio!

ill be honest though i haven't seen him under Mourinho so he might have improved but i dunno i still don't rate him tbh and hopefully i still wont come the end of the month

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
In rio and vidic we trust! they'll shut him out no problem. We will beat inter too. Although i do agree with you he has been a much better player since jose arrived at inter. :)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I do think he's over-rated tbh. I don't follow the Italian League so he may have improved but whenever I've seen him he's been poor. He's far too inconsistent and his attitude stinks tbh.

I think that Ferdinand, Evans and Vidic (as the 3 will be playing in the tie at some point) can do well against him and I have full trust in them.

·
Registered
601 Posts
he is quality wen he wants to play, wen nothing goes for him he gets sloppy and lazy. Think vid and rio will defo mark him out the game. We should really also talk about adriano, havent been watching seria or inter but i think adriano is more overrated. I think some one said if there is a goal for inter it will be long range by adriano or ibrahim. I think managers no that its togh getting past the likes of rio, evans, and vida. And it will be a real test of long range shots, just need to make sure we close them down. But we have one of the best shot stoppers "VDS" so no worries really.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hmm ... I've always thought he's a decent striker, big, tall, quite pacy, decent finisher. But he never seemed to pull off consistent preformances, out of all the Inter players though he'll the the player I'd worry most about - luckily though we have Vida to cover that problem :p

He has apparently been playing really well this season, he has a decent tally of goals well.

As for what PeeJay said about being in the 'top 4' best strikers in the world, that is very debatable and tbh I don't think he makes the top 4, he's up there but not that high.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think with him and adriano playing, they will be a threat for united.

I dont know what it is about united, but players seem to rise to there peaks agaist us. We just usually still seem to be better! :cool: haha

But really, a very good individual who was playing well before jose got in italy but there are better strikers.

He would fit united though, he would have had berbatovs role and would have fitted in perfect and is possibly a better player than him! Class player, i dont think anyone questions that but overrated? Possibly but not seen enough of him to say that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
United_OG said:
I think with him and adriano playing, they will be a threat for united.

I dont know what it is about united, but players seem to rise to there peaks agaist us. We just usually still seem to be better! :cool: haha

But really, a very good individual who was playing well before jose got in italy but there are better strikers.

He would fit united though, he would have had berbatovs role and would have fitted in perfect and is possibly a better player than him! Class player, i dont think anyone questions that but overrated? Possibly but not seen enough of him to say that!
Hi there!
I'm a new user in here... I'm italian, and I'm an Inter supporter. But I love to talk about football, and I'd like to discuss with all of you about your team and the next big match in Champions League... :)

About Ibrahimovic, it seems that not a lot of you watch regularly Inter matches... Because I read lot of topics in which Ibra is described as overrated... It's not like this at all: those bad behaviours that he used to have in the past, it's just the past. Now he plays every match intensively and he helps a lot the team, even when doesn't play so good. In this season he's simply playing wonderfully, for goals, tricks, and everything... I hope (maybe you a little bit less :)) he will show his best in the Champions League challenge against you. Currently, he's without any doubts one of the strongest forward in the world.

Except this, we all know -inter fans- that it will be soooo difficult to beat you, at and in Manchester. You have a fantastic team, and you're still better than us. But this Inter is really becoming a so strong team, and with this fantastic coach we improved a lot, from the point of wiew of mentality. Now we play always in a solid way and and powerfully, above all against the big teams. And we have a couple of players at a highest level -Samuel, Maicon, Cambiasso, Stankovic and Ibrahimovic at least... I look forward this great european match, and I know that it could be, in any case, a fantastic one. Then if you'll play better, we'll claps togheter. But this Inter will fight to the end -not in that way you're used to see Inter in Europe -with Mancini.

(p.s. Someone here forgot that Patrick Vieira is back, and probably will play from the beginning. When he's in a good condition, he's still a great midfielder... ;).

:D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one of the most talanted offansive players .
Very similar to the Berbatov.
Very dangerous because of briliant technique ,great vision . He is a fast and good finisher.
Players as Zlatan are very dificuilt to be stopped. One of the TOP 5 strikers in Europe.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Peejay he definately aint in the top 4 strikers in the world, i rate Gomis from st. etienne over him anyday lol, don't get me wrong he's had a good season so far but he isn't that great he looks good on youtube though :)

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
papu1918 said:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one of the most talanted offansive players .
Very similar to the Berbatov.
Very dangerous because of briliant technique ,great vision . He is a fast and good finisher.
Players as Zlatan are very dificuilt to be stopped. One of the TOP 5 strikers in Europe.
Agreed. He sometimes seems disinterested and moody. But being disinterested and moody doesn't make Berba a bad player. Same is the case with Ibra. He has the quality, no doubt about it. And Mourinho is renowned for his ability to bring the most out of such players. Drogba is a fine example. I'd be scared of him tbh, especially with Vidic missing the first leg.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Last Milan derby shows how important player for Inter Ibra is .
Against AC Milan ,,youths" ,Zlatan looked bloody good,but against Man Utd I hope will be different story.
Will see .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Used to think he was overrated but not anymore.
He is world class Full stop. If you think otherwise then just watch him play.
He has it all as a player, incredibly gifted as well, probably the most natural
footballer of his generation. Imo he is one of the best players in the world.
Top 10 anyway. easily.

oh and welcome to our new Italian member Bronislaw, hope you post more.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
stretty said:
totally overated never understood why some people rate him
Mate , we discuss natural gifted player passed ,,Ajaks" - Amsterdam and Juve before joining the other italian grand .
,,Some" or ,,mostly" !??
I think mostly of fans likes to watch atractive football not only on the training ground or friendly games. Only great players can do this ........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJEIDKd3MR4&NR=1

1 - 20 of 84 Posts