Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought. I don't know whether or not I could get a poll going but the title basically says it all.

With the rumors around that City could pry Given away from Newcastle I think Hart might be amenable to a move.

I admire Foster as much as the next guy but I honestly believe Joe Hart has the potential to be the best English keeper since Seamen.

Also considering Foster's injuries & the fact that when he has played he's looked a touch shaky. You can put it down to confidence but

it makes me question whether Foster has lost a bit of self confidence or whether he has temperament to make it at a big club.

He's always impressed me greatly whenever he's played & frankly I don't know what City are playing at looking for a new keeper.

Buffon, Given why would they freeze out a genuine class keeper who as an added bonus happens to be English?

So that's basically it. He's young, talented, English. We need to find a replacement for Van De Sar.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I haven't watched him play much but the commentators and the pundits keep saying that he can be a future Engalnd no.1 so I guess he is quality. But I think Foster has overcome his injury problems and we also have Kuzack who is decent of not great. I don't think we should go for every player available in he marke alhough if he is real quality, which I don't know, we might as well think about him as a replacement for Van Der Sar.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
No way, City wouldn't sell him to us anyway, plus how would it look for us Manchester United to bid for Cities unwanted players.... it wouldn't send out a very good message, nope never happen.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
You know that might not be a bad idea. VDS could decide to retire at any moment and where would we be? I don't think either kuscak or foster has shown enough to be our first string keeper.

Interesting...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Im sure he won't stick around to being Given's 2nd fiddle for long hence will be moving like in the summer...but then again I doubt Man City would sell to us...he is like another foster and kuszack to me, to replace VDS after he retires we would need to buy a quality top keeper with experience in CL football and ideally international football imo

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
If he isn't good enough to be Cities No1.
How is he good enough to be our No1?
Get a grip people, we deserve better than that, having a top keeper is just as importent as having a top goal scorer, they bag us just as many points.
If we want to continue to be the force we are, then a better keeper than Hart is needed.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Harts a good keeper but I can't see him being a top goalkeeper tbh. Also, the fact that Man City are even looking for a new keeper would suggest to me that they don't have too much confidence in him.

If we are to sign anyone, we should go for a top keeper, like Frey or Neuer imo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts