Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well then, this summer I would be turfing out 4 or 5 players, that I feel are serious under achievers and don't contribute to the club in the correct manner. Firstly... Gary Neville. Certainly a legend at this club and I have the height of respect for the man... But I think his performances this season have lacked awareness and quality and it is time to hang up his boots imo...

Secondly, I would sell off John O'Shea. We should probably get 4 or 5 million quid for the lad. Obviously, he has been a loyal servant to us, but I really think he is hampering other young players from developing, such as Fabio and Rafael...

Another player which I no longer want to see at the club is Park Ji Sung. I know I will get a lot of stick for saying this. But quite frankly, I find him by far the most frustrating player at the club. Yes, he tracks back, yes he always gives 100%, but no, he never shows us enough quality tbh...

I think Tevez will be let go...Whether or not he should be let go is another thing, as he has been just as good/bad as Berbatov this season, I believe...

And Finally, Kuszack. The PIG is just simply not good enough. His aerial ability is constantly exploited in every game he plays.

So, I think all these players(whether fan favourites for their hard work or not) should be let go and either be replaced internally with the likes of Eckersley, Rafael, Fabio, Macheda, Welbeck etc, if the they are good enough, or else bring in players who are...

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree but i think we should keep him as a player for the experience and ease him into a coaching role as i think he could be a great defensive coach and Rafael would learn loads from him IMO! keep as maybe 4th choice RB with Wes Rafael and Hargo ahead of him!
Just give him the coaching role now I 'd say. Trust me-I think the world of Gazza, but he really has been poor this season and needs to hang up the boots.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
**** off to all the Neville haters.

Do you realise that he isn't only here for his football puposes? If Wes Brown was fit all season he wouldn't get a game as Wes and Rafael will be interchanging (maybe just the odd game here and there.)
As I said already... I think he's a great guy, but better leave it to the young generation.;)

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, we can benefit a lot from his experience, undoubtedly. But there`s a time limit too, he can`t just stay in the squad for his experience. Might as well retire and start coaching the defenders, similar job to that Ole had when he retired back then in 07.

And by saying this, i am not ruling out any improvements he can make in the upcoming months.
Spot on.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I know he's decent. But we are a WORLD CLASS Club. I think we should be able to find players who are of a higher quality than him. TBH, I wouldn't mind signing Bassong or wigans Maynor Figueroa as a replacement!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Players like O`Shea made us world class. Having a squad filled with world class players does not lead you anywhere. Just look at ours, it has a bit of everything - experience, class, youngsters, starters. That`s what makes us special.
Yes, but we could even be that little bit more special! ;)

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Who do you propose we play left wing then?
Franck Ribery or Ashley Young!

Are people honestly telling me that we wouldn't be a better team with either of those instead of Ji-Sung Park. If not then you need your head testing!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
mate you know nothing, he runs around ffs :mad: :mad:
I know nothing... Who was the one who called me a quality poster the other day! ;)

Ya, he does run around all day, but Ribery has a good engine in him too and he is ten times more dangerous going forward!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I was being sarcastic. I think he is no where near good enough for United. I'm with you on this one.

A winger's job first and foremost is to create (and score) goals. Park does neither. I couldn't give a shit if he tracks back, because he's only in the team because he can defend.

He has no strength, no pace, no attacking awareness. He is only in the team because he sells shirts. If he was British he would be nowhere near a top Premier League side.

Look at Liverpool's Park - Dirk Kuyt. At least he can create and score goals, plus he is strong and can cause unrest for the opposing full back. He always pops up with goals for the scousers as well.

Manchester United are meant to be on a par with teams like Barcelona. Would he get anywhere near the Barcelona squad? Would he ****.
Oh right mate, got a bit confused there sorry.:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts