Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
I agree that Neville should go, maybe move to Everton and play 1 year with his brother, i don't think he is upto it anymore, he doesn't have the pace he used to have, his getting quite old and i think we should let him go and bring in some younger players to replace him, i know he has been a legend to the club and he would be dissapointed he Fergie lets him go but let's be realistic here, his clearly not upto it anymore and will only cost us games.

O'shea i think has been ok this season, last season he was shocking and without a doubt i would have sold him but this season he has just about been a regular starter and has played well in most games although can make terrible mistakes, i say keep O'shea, he could prove worthy in the future.

Ji Sung Park isn't even a debate whether or not he should go or stay, keep him, he is a hard worker, on his day he can score and have a really good game, on a bad day he can be terrible, but most of the time he is a good player.

Carlos Tevez should stay, without a doubt, he is a world class striker and it would be a mistake if Fergie just let him go.

Kuszack is horrible, Foster is better so let Kuszack leave.

Well then, this summer I would be turfing out 4 or 5 players, that I feel are serious under achievers and don't contribute to the club in the correct manner. Firstly... Gary Neville. Certainly a legend at this club and I have the height of respect for the man... But I think his performances this season have lacked awareness and quality and it is time to hang up his boots imo...

Secondly, I would sell off John O'Shea. We should probably get 4 or 5 million quid for the lad. Obviously, he has been a loyal servant to us, but I really think he is hampering other young players from developing, such as Fabio and Rafael...

Another player which I no longer want to see at the club is Park Ji Sung. I know I will get a lot of stick for saying this. But quite frankly, I find him by far the most frustrating player at the club. Yes, he tracks back, yes he always gives 100%, but no, he never shows us enough quality tbh...

I think Tevez will be let go...Whether or not he should be let go is another thing, as he has been just as good/bad as Berbatov this season, I believe...

And Finally, Kuszack. The PIG is just simply not good enough. His aerial ability is constantly exploited in every game he plays.

So, I think all these players(whether fan favourites for their hard work or not) should be let go and either be replaced internally with the likes of Eckersley, Rafael, Fabio, Macheda, Welbeck etc, if the they are good enough, or else bring in players who are...
i agree. if neville doesn't improove, and that's little showing of this, i think he should retire, and leave his place to the young ones. O'shea as well has been a long loyal servant, but he has the performances of a sub. As simple as that. YOu can't expect him to play as Brown did last season or like the Neville w used to know. As for Park, well i realy think we should keep him , because as a sub he is very useful, especialy when Giggs is so close of retirement, and we would be short of wingers, with only Nani, Ronaldo and Tosic. Tomasz has been brought to be a reserve but as things are looking now he is the 3rd option now. I think he should be sold, but as well buy another keeper that could replace VDS with succes. Foster has showed a lot of times that he hasn't the qualities of VDS or even close, and we can't say that he still a hot prospect.
It would be nice to see some changes, with the players you've said, interesting but as well, if they are made, let's hope they'll be usefull in time.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Who do you propose we play left wing then?
Hargreaves has been injured. Giggs hasn't played enough. Carrick has blown hot and cold, and shits himself out of tackles. Scholes has games pass by him sometimes, but others controls them - again hot and cold. Anderson has been off the boil. Fletcher has been constant all season.

Park's shit. Just because he runs around doesn't mean he should be on the team sheet. I'd play Giggs down the wing 50% of the time, with him switching with Rooney every now and then. Giggs can still put in a good shift for one game a week. Other times I'd give Nani a long run in the team.

Hargreaves preferably though, with an interchanging front 3.

Id rather have park than oshea to be honest, oshea has shown nothing positive the past couple of months.
And Park has? :confused:

I know nothing... Who was the one who called me a quality poster the other day! ;)

Ya, he does run around all day, but Ribery has a good engine in him too and he is ten times more dangerous going forward!
I was being sarcastic. I think he is no where near good enough for United. I'm with you on this one.

A winger's job first and foremost is to create (and score) goals. Park does neither. I couldn't give a shit if he tracks back, because he's only in the team because he can defend.

He has no strength, no pace, no attacking awareness. He is only in the team because he sells shirts. If he was British he would be nowhere near a top Premier League side.

Look at Liverpool's Park - Dirk Kuyt. At least he can create and score goals, plus he is strong and can cause unrest for the opposing full back. He always pops up with goals for the scousers as well.

Manchester United are meant to be on a par with teams like Barcelona. Would he get anywhere near the Barcelona squad? Would he ****.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
I was being sarcastic. I think he is no where near good enough for United. I'm with you on this one.

A winger's job first and foremost is to create (and score) goals. Park does neither. I couldn't give a shit if he tracks back, because he's only in the team because he can defend.

He has no strength, no pace, no attacking awareness. He is only in the team because he sells shirts. If he was British he would be nowhere near a top Premier League side.

Look at Liverpool's Park - Dirk Kuyt. At least he can create and score goals, plus he is strong and can cause unrest for the opposing full back. He always pops up with goals for the scousers as well.

Manchester United are meant to be on a par with teams like Barcelona. Would he get anywhere near the Barcelona squad? Would he ****.
Oh right mate, got a bit confused there sorry.:eek:

Only agree with one part and that is the about PIG. Everyone else is a valuable member of the team. And at the minute i think we need Nevilles crossing as no one else can cross a ball like him.

Franck Ribery or Ashley Young!

Are people honestly telling me that we wouldn't be a better team with either of those instead of Ji-Sung Park. If not then you need your head testing!
Ashley Young doesn't impress me.

Ribery does but he doesn't really fit in with our transfer
policy and I don't know him well enough to say he'd fit in
our team.

Also, I doubt Ribery would appreciate taking a wage cut.

This thread is pretty silly really.

Criticising players is fine, but making a thread about what players you'd like to get rid of, come off it, that's just stupid.

What do you suggest we do? Chuck them all out and then hope other teams will take our cast-offs and swap them for their players? Not gonna happen, and even if it does the other players may not be any improvement.

I think you've been playing too much Fifa or whatever. Turn the video games off and learn about how real football works in the real world.

The fact remains is that we are still on top of the team and the current squad has got us there. The players have gone through a hard time, and with the current schedule you should get behind the team and save all the slagging off for the end of the season.

Hargreaves has been injured. Giggs hasn't played enough. Carrick has blown hot and cold, and shits himself out of tackles. Scholes has games pass by him sometimes, but others controls them - again hot and cold. Anderson has been off the boil. Fletcher has been constant all season.

Park's shit. Just because he runs around doesn't mean he should be on the team sheet. I'd play Giggs down the wing 50% of the time, with him switching with Rooney every now and then. Giggs can still put in a good shift for one game a week. Other times I'd give Nani a long run in the team.

Fletcher hasn't been our best midfielder this season and has been extremely overrated, he scored a couple of early goals and all of a sudden he was awesome. It was only a month ago people were calling for Carrick to be nominated for POTY, aswell as Giggs. They have both been miles better than Fletcher.

According to SAF, Giggs is too old to be playing on the wing, so I'll take his word for it - otherwise he would obviously be playing on the left - I'm not keen on the rotating Rooney/Giggs on the left idea.

Personally I agree with PeeJay, I would play Nani consistently - if SAF asks Nani to track back a lot I'm sure he'd do it, he has already shown he's willing to help defend - and then you get his attacking abilities aswell. But Nani has clearly been more frustrating than Park this season, hence SAF is consistently playing Park ahead of him.

If only we had Hargreaves, Hargreaves on the right Ronaldo on the left - problem solved. :frown:

Spot on.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.