Manchester United Talk banner

If I had it my way.....

2K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  Richie 
#1 ·
Well then, this summer I would be turfing out 4 or 5 players, that I feel are serious under achievers and don't contribute to the club in the correct manner. Firstly... Gary Neville. Certainly a legend at this club and I have the height of respect for the man... But I think his performances this season have lacked awareness and quality and it is time to hang up his boots imo...

Secondly, I would sell off John O'Shea. We should probably get 4 or 5 million quid for the lad. Obviously, he has been a loyal servant to us, but I really think he is hampering other young players from developing, such as Fabio and Rafael...

Another player which I no longer want to see at the club is Park Ji Sung. I know I will get a lot of stick for saying this. But quite frankly, I find him by far the most frustrating player at the club. Yes, he tracks back, yes he always gives 100%, but no, he never shows us enough quality tbh...

I think Tevez will be let go...Whether or not he should be let go is another thing, as he has been just as good/bad as Berbatov this season, I believe...

And Finally, Kuszack. The PIG is just simply not good enough. His aerial ability is constantly exploited in every game he plays.

So, I think all these players(whether fan favourites for their hard work or not) should be let go and either be replaced internally with the likes of Eckersley, Rafael, Fabio, Macheda, Welbeck etc, if the they are good enough, or else bring in players who are...

See less See more
#2 ·
So it's a case of saying to Gary Neville, I know you've been a long serving legend for us, and you have been hit by injuries this season, but I am afraid you have to f*ck off now, as your dragging us down mate.

It wasn't long ago everyone was cheering him on his return to Utd, now you want the poor lad out.

G
#4 ·
So it's a case of saying to Gary Neville, I know you've been a long serving legend for us, and you have been hit by injuries this season, but I am afraid you have to f*ck off now, as your dragging us down mate.

It wasn't long ago everyone was cheering him on his return to Utd, now you want the poor lad out.
He's become a liability. He IS a United legend but the team is more important than one player and I don't think we should play next season for reasons of sentimentality. If he's regularly making mistakes he doesn't deserve to be in the team, it's that simple.

#5 ·
He's become a liability. He IS a United legend but the team is more important than one player and I don't think we should play next season for reasons of sentimentality. If he's regularly making mistakes he doesn't deserve to be in the team, it's that simple.
i agree but i think we should keep him as a player for the experience and ease him into a coaching role as i think he could be a great defensive coach and Rafael would learn loads from him IMO! keep as maybe 4th choice RB with Wes Rafael and Hargo ahead of him!

#6 ·
I think he just needs his full fitness. Maybe a good Pre-Season would him the world of good. Neville can still play apart next season, but if he isn't fit then yes he can be a liability. Hopefully thoughe, he will regain fitness and confidence.

I just wish some here would talk about Neville with a bit more respect or even care, the poor lad has been plagued with injuries and is only just finding his way back, and he is being lynched by you lot.

#7 ·
i agree but i think we should keep him as a player for the experience and ease him into a coaching role as i think he could be a great defensive coach and Rafael would learn loads from him IMO! keep as maybe 4th choice RB with Wes Rafael and Hargo ahead of him!
Just give him the coaching role now I 'd say. Trust me-I think the world of Gazza, but he really has been poor this season and needs to hang up the boots.

#8 ·
Just give him the coaching role now I 'd say. Trust me-I think the world of Gazza, but he really has been poor this season and needs to hang up the boots.
i still think he can do a job when needs be if were hit by an injury crisis!it's not like Ole where he has been forced to retire due to injury! name me one team who could boast to have 5 deacent right fulls(Wes Rafa Hargo Gaz and JOS) i think next season will be the end of the Road for Giggsy Scholes and Gaz

#11 ·
As I said already... I think he's a great guy, but better leave it to the young generation.;)
Don't you see it? The "younger generation" as you put it, will benefit from his experience and knowhow around the club and on the training field.

His experience is invaluable to Rafael, (and when Eckersley came on with Neville alongside him, Nev was talking to him all game) this season.

#12 ·
Saying that Neville should sit aside doesn't make me a hater, kissing anyone`s asses when undeservedly is as wrong :rolleyes: I have much respect for the guy, but he`s going downhill, and i`m not enjoying saying this: but it`s the truth, something everyone can see, even Neville himself. I would be on top of the world if he`ll manage to prove me wrong.

#13 ·
I'm not saying that Neville should be in the first XI. If I had my way he wouldn't be near the first XI - like I said he's only playing because we have no-one else. Wes Brown and Rafael would play 95% of the games between them if both stayed fit for the whole season, with Eckersley, Neville and O'Shea used in Carling Cup games.

The fact I'm pointing out is with players like Giggs and Neville around the club, on the training ground is invaluable qualities that is needed at every club. Their influence on the younger players is astonishing.

#14 ·
Yes, we can benefit a lot from his experience, undoubtedly. But there`s a time limit too, he can`t just stay in the squad for his experience. Might as well retire and start coaching the defenders, similar job to that Ole had when he retired back then in 07.

And by saying this, i am not ruling out any improvements he can make in the upcoming months.

#15 ·
Has he even got his coaching badges yet? If he hasn't, I know he's working on them.

He can't just go straight into coaching without his badges (and this is something Neville has complained about with some managers going into management without the neccessary badges), so when he gets these I think he'll call it a day.

Has he had a testimonial yet? United v Bury :cool: :D

#16 ·
Yes, we can benefit a lot from his experience, undoubtedly. But there`s a time limit too, he can`t just stay in the squad for his experience. Might as well retire and start coaching the defenders, similar job to that Ole had when he retired back then in 07.

And by saying this, i am not ruling out any improvements he can make in the upcoming months.
Spot on.

#17 ·
I think he just needs his full fitness. Maybe a good Pre-Season would him the world of good. Neville can still play apart next season, but if he isn't fit then yes he can be a liability. Hopefully thoughe, he will regain fitness and confidence.

I just wish some here would talk about Neville with a bit more respect or even care, the poor lad has been plagued with injuries and is only just finding his way back, and he is being lynched by you lot.
i think you are forgetting one huge fact about gazza and thats his age , his legs simply are not fast enough no more and most of his mistakes are based on that problem . so i can't see where the improvment will come from , its time for gazza to retire gracefully instead of being a liability .

#22 ·
Just cause we are Irish, doesn't mean we should defend the clumsy donkey!
Am not Irish, yet i`m with Canto on this one. He`s not world class, isn`t a master of any position but at least he tries, his versatility is very useful and was proved in many cases. We do need someone like him, we`ve got many world class players in this squad, but players like O`Shea and Fletch gives you something solid to rely on when hit by many injuries. What`s more important, his head and mind are where they belong.

#23 ·
Just cause we are Irish, doesn't mean we should defend the clumsy donkey!
its not becuase he is Irish man its because of his versatility and his willingness to sit on the bench and not moan at it! he has been solid most game's this season he even banged in a goal :D!im a big fan of him and not just because he is Irish! he is a good pro and a decent player that can do a job across the back four and in the middle of the park!Players like him are vital to successful teams you cant have teams full of superstars you need your John O'Shea's and your Fletcher's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.