Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sat watching the derby game in disbelief last night , how can the supposedly best team in the world be slaughtered by a dodgy championship side {they deserved another 3 goals} , i know we had a weakened side out but we still had loads of quality and experience on the pitch to beat derby county :confused: .

then i got thinking about fergies other love horse racing and started wondering what if a quality racehorse performed as bad has utd were playing :eek: ,the result would be a lengthy visit into the stewards room and being charged with the non trying rule!

then i started thinking about utds whole season and i reckon utd would have spent 3/4 of this season in the bloody stewards room :eek: ,the teams performance's so far this season has been the worst i can remember in over 30 years of supporting utd .there are clearly players that are not good enough to play for utd .
NANI; is getting worse by the game , we must get rid of him.
ANDERSON;i was impressed last season but his end product is very poor ,he is not what great teams are built upon.
TEVEZ; the superstar striker who don't seem to score many goals ,i agree he has the workrate but he is running around in midfield and will shortly be running to another club.
MANUCHO; i don't know how good or bad he is but has anybody seen him ?

come sunday if we beat chelsea we will all be smiling and full of ourselves but the truth is this utd team has gone soft and we are struggling against every team thats up for a midfield battle ,utd are being out fought and out thought.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
sweet fa said:
i sat watching the derby game in disbelief last night , how can the supposedly best team in the world be slaughtered by a dodgy championship side {they deserved another 3 goals} , i know we had a weakened side out but we still had loads of quality and experience on the pitch to beat derby county :confused: .

then i got thinking about fergies other love horse racing and started wondering what if a quality racehorse performed as bad has utd were playing :eek: ,the result would be a lengthy visit into the stewards room and being charged with the non trying rule!

then i started thinking about utds whole season and i reckon utd would have spent 3/4 of this season in the bloody stewards room :eek: ,the teams performance's so far this season has been the worst i can remember in over 30 years of supporting utd .there are clearly players that are not good enough to play for utd .
ANDERSON;i was impressed last season but his end product is very poor ,he is not what great teams are built upon.
TEVEZ; the superstar striker who don't seem to score many goals ,i agree he has the workrate but he is running around in midfield and will shortly be running to another club.

come sunday if we beat chelsea we will all be smiling and full of ourselves but the truth is this utd team has gone soft and we are struggling against every team thats up for a midfield battle ,utd are being out fought and out thought.
I didn't think we'd see it again with this group of lads but is it possible that it's the same as last time we won the champions league? The season after everyone just seemed to think that was it no more effort needed?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Toybos said:
I didn't think we'd see it again with this group of lads but is it possible that it's the same as last time we won the champions league? The season after everyone just seemed to think that was it no more effort needed?

To fair you were about 8 years old when we last won it .

If you think about what you just said for one minute

We walked the league the next season and we wasnt in the fa cup to defend it .

Winning the champions league is always going to hard who ever you have on the pitch .

I dont know if anyone else has noticed but the team that knocks us out usually wins the trophy .

Dont take offence toybos your my fav on the site but I had to make my point ;)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
red dave said:
To fair you were about 8 years old when we last won it .

If you think about what you just said for one minute

We walked the league the next season and we wasnt in the fa cup to defend it .

Winning the champions league is always going to hard who ever you have on the pitch .

I dont know if anyone else has noticed but the team that knocks us out usually wins the trophy .

Dont take offence toybos your my fav on the site but I had to make my point ;)
...I meant in the champions league forgot to specify, we were expected to walk the league then, To be fair i don't know i just say what keano says in his autobiog and if he says there was something wrong the season after then i agree with him. lol

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Also my point essentially remains the same though, I think we could be a bitbig for our boots with the double under our belt.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
sweet fa said:

Agreed
True, he still hasn't scored and often giving the ball away. Still hope though IMO
I hate to say it, but I fear he'll be off to Real. A mate of mine was saying yesterday evening before the game, that Tevez was at shorter odds to go to Real in the Summer then Ronaldo, and I'm not surprised. Ronaldo has come out and said positive things on is future of late, whilst Tevez is having a row with Fergie over a contract. I think the arrival of Berb has damaged Tevez. I remember watching him in pre-season adn everyone was talking about how well he was playing and how this could be his season....
Watched him in the reserves...not the best touch, tall, powerful, packs a handy left foot shot and can hold the ball up. He won't play first team this season, but theres reports that he's leaving anyways...

As for playing the worst, I'd say we haven't got out of 3rd gear in ANY game this
season...if we win the league, which we're favourites for now, then it will be one
of the handiest titles won.

...and yet we're favourites to beat Chelsea and many Chelsea fans I know are
hoping to snatch a draw, and banking on Drogba playing his best and Rio
missing...

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Toybos said:
Also my point essentially remains the same though, I think we could be a bitbig for our boots with the double under our belt.
I'd be more inclined to say we're c.ocky about things...and theres not as much
hunger to win it, as we are the champs...

...mush easier to NOT be the holders of whatever, and win it off someone as you
have very strong desire to win....just like 2 seasons ago...we were DESPERATE for
the title and stop the Chelsea barrage...

With success comes complacency...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Keano! said:
I'd be more inclined to say we're c.ocky about things...and theres not as much
hunger to win it, as we are the champs...

...mush easier to NOT be the holders of whatever, and win it off someone as you
have very strong desire to win....just like 2 seasons ago...we were DESPERATE for
the title and stop the Chelsea barrage...

With success comes complacency...
Complacent, There you go, perfect word, the one i wanted, thank you.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
sweet fa said:

this team has been bad, but I'm not sure iot's deserving of being called worse in 30 years.

Anyway, don't be quick to give up on Anderson just yet. That was the first game I saw where he had a shocker. That's not bad for a 20 year old kid.

Ronaldo frustrated for 3 years before the 07 / 07 season. Let's give him and Nani that much time too.

Tevez was probably not in the proper state of mind because of all the messing around with his contract. Even I feel the club haven't acted correctly and as such it would be best to let him leave, before it gets worse.

·
23,699 Posts
In typical haggler fashion the truth is it has been for God knows how long that we seldom play champagne football that takes our breath away and do often have to resort to huffing and puffing to grind out results (or just missed out like this Derby game) which is no doubt vital towards winning honours nonetheless and only being realistic over a long drawn season of course don't get me wrong that I am unaware but it is certainly not something we can boast to our non-United friends of our proud traditions and loud proclaims of playing the most attractive and entertaining football in the modern era if you know what I mean

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RedForceRising said:
this team has been bad, but I'm not sure iot's deserving of being called worse in 30 years.

Anyway, don't be quick to give up on Anderson just yet. That was the first game I saw where he had a shocker. That's not bad for a 20 year old kid.

Ronaldo frustrated for 3 years before the 07 / 07 season. Let's give him and Nani that much time too.

Tevez was probably not in the proper state of mind because of all the messing around with his contract. Even I feel the club haven't acted correctly and as such it would be best to let him leave, before it gets worse.

when i say its the worst in 30 years , i mean this present utd team has got a lot of talent through the squad but the end result this season has been shockingly bad .i have never been so dissapointed in a utd side more than this current team this season , i don't expect utd to beat allcomers and win everything but i do expect them to play with passion and pride ,and there is not much of that among this group of players ,only 4 or 5 will give everything for the cause the rest will roll over and die .
they may be harsh words but there is a lot of truth in what i say ,perhaps a number of these players think that they have done it all at utd and fancy some sunshine on their backs in spain .but the way their playing a championship side would turn them down because there ain't much fight in them especially in midfield.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We lost an away leg in a Carling cup game. Big ****ing deal!!!
We are still the reigning champs of pretty much everything, so we are most
certainly NOT the worst team in 30 years lol. :rolleyes:

This will all be forgotten if we reach the final. next game is at OT so we should be ok.
Derby played their hearts out last night. There was renewed optimism about, with the
arrival of Clough jr. and they also manage to catch us on a sh1te night.

Lets look forward to Chelsea on Sunday. the Derby game was the first game we
have lost in 15 I think, so we aint that bad mate. ;)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jazz 16 said:
We lost an away leg in a Carling cup game. Big ****ing deal!!!
We are still the reigning champs of pretty much everything, so we are most
certainly NOT the worst team in 30 years lol. :rolleyes:

This will all be forgotten if we reach the final. next game is at OT so we should be ok.
Derby played their hearts out last night. There was renewed optimism about, with the
arrival of Clough jr. and they also manage to catch us on a sh1te night.

Lets look forward to Chelsea on Sunday. the Derby game was the first game we
have lost in 15 I think, so we aint that bad mate. ;)

it does not matter what we are or aren't in ,the question is are you happy and content with the way utd are playing :confused:
because if you are you obviously know very little about this great club and its wonderful style of playing football , this team of superstars are really struggling to score goals and they have all season our last 4 games { sunderland,stoke ,southampton and derby } have produced 5 goals and i can tell you this every team left in the champions league would have at least doubled that tally and most championship sides would score more than 5 over those 4 games . :eek:

·
Registered
599 Posts
It has been dull play as of late but I fell we are missing a few things.

• Wingers/Midfielder's that cross the ball at height. (Despite Evra and Ronaldo's talent this doesn't happen anymore from anybody really.)

• Strikers that shoot!!! (This season has started a trend where fans shout shoot! and rightly so. if we took more shots without fear of missing. All those chances up front might turn into goals!! Fans are bored of *****ing about in or just outside the box with nothing to show for it)

• The flare and show boating from last season has gone. The lads don't seem to be enjoying themselves this season in my opinion. (Didn't always agree with it, but it worked and oozed confidence)

• HUNGER!! Rooney and a few others are the only few to seem to have any. Berba looks bored and seems to walk everywhere, however I will hold out judgement til at least the end of this season. But come on lads lets see some enthusiasm

After all this though, we are still in position to win a lot of silverware this season and it is rather a changing of the guards with certain players. Plus other teams have stepped up their game and not just the top 4. Some smaller sides have really fought our top clubs this season.

All in all, the race horse has a lot of money and backers behind him and I keep the faith in the horse and owners ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
sweet fa said:
when i say its the worst in 30 years , i mean this present utd team has got a lot of talent through the squad but the end result this season has been shockingly bad .i have never been so dissapointed in a utd side more than this current team this season , i don't expect utd to beat allcomers and win everything but i do expect them to play with passion and pride ,and there is not much of that among this group of players ,only 4 or 5 will give everything for the cause the rest will roll over and die .
they may be harsh words but there is a lot of truth in what i say ,perhaps a number of these players think that they have done it all at utd and fancy some sunshine on their backs in spain .but the way their playing a championship side would turn them down because there ain't much fight in them especially in midfield.

OK..... you are entitled to that point of view and I understand now where you're coming from. I think from that point of view some of the performances during Keano's last season were ctually the most shocking I had seen.

The performances that season coupled with Keano's inappropriate booting and some personal circumstances made me put United on the back-burner for a while.

I too don't mind losing when proper effort was given, but I hate indifferent / lacklusture performances.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
ScottE335 said:
It has been dull play as of late but I fell we are missing a few things.

• Wingers/Midfielder's that cross the ball at height. (Despite Evra and Ronaldo's talent this doesn't happen anymore from anybody really.)

• Strikers that shoot!!! (This season has started a trend where fans shout shoot! and rightly so. if we took more shots without fear of missing. All those chances up front might turn into goals!! Fans are bored of *****ing about in or just outside the box with nothing to show for it)

• The flare and show boating from last season has gone. The lads don't seem to be enjoying themselves this season in my opinion. (Didn't always agree with it, but it worked and oozed confidence)

• HUNGER!! Rooney and a few others are the only few to seem to have any. Berba looks bored and seems to walk everywhere, however I will hold out judgement til at least the end of this season. But come on lads lets see some enthusiasm

After all this though, we are still in position to win a lot of silverware this season and it is rather a changing of the guards with certain players. Plus other teams have stepped up their game and not just the top 4. Some smaller sides have really fought our top clubs this season.

All in all, the race horse has a lot of money and backers behind him and I keep the faith in the horse and owners ;)
Man...pretty good post and I definitely agree with the need for more crosses and our strikers to shoot more.

Not sure about the show-boating. I think it's a product of confidence, don't think the actual show-boating perpetuates confidence ;)

Like it or not, something happened to the team over the summer..... but that's another story :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts