Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
sweet fa said:
then i started thinking about utds whole season and i reckon utd would have spent 3/4 of this season in the bloody stewards room :eek: ,the teams performance's so far this season has been the worst i can remember in over 30 years of supporting utd .there are clearly players that are not good enough to play for utd .
NANI; is getting worse by the game , we must get rid of him.
ANDERSON;i was impressed last season but his end product is very poor ,he is not what great teams are built upon.
TEVEZ; the superstar striker who don't seem to score many goals ,i agree he has the workrate but he is running around in midfield and will shortly be running to another club.
MANUCHO; i don't know how good or bad he is but has anybody seen him ?

come sunday if we beat chelsea we will all be smiling and full of ourselves but the truth is this utd team has gone soft and we are struggling against every team thats up for a midfield battle ,utd are being out fought and out thought.
this team has been bad, but I'm not sure iot's deserving of being called worse in 30 years.

Anyway, don't be quick to give up on Anderson just yet. That was the first game I saw where he had a shocker. That's not bad for a 20 year old kid.

Ronaldo frustrated for 3 years before the 07 / 07 season. Let's give him and Nani that much time too.

Tevez was probably not in the proper state of mind because of all the messing around with his contract. Even I feel the club haven't acted correctly and as such it would be best to let him leave, before it gets worse.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
sweet fa said:
when i say its the worst in 30 years , i mean this present utd team has got a lot of talent through the squad but the end result this season has been shockingly bad .i have never been so dissapointed in a utd side more than this current team this season , i don't expect utd to beat allcomers and win everything but i do expect them to play with passion and pride ,and there is not much of that among this group of players ,only 4 or 5 will give everything for the cause the rest will roll over and die .
they may be harsh words but there is a lot of truth in what i say ,perhaps a number of these players think that they have done it all at utd and fancy some sunshine on their backs in spain .but the way their playing a championship side would turn them down because there ain't much fight in them especially in midfield.

OK..... you are entitled to that point of view and I understand now where you're coming from. I think from that point of view some of the performances during Keano's last season were ctually the most shocking I had seen.

The performances that season coupled with Keano's inappropriate booting and some personal circumstances made me put United on the back-burner for a while.

I too don't mind losing when proper effort was given, but I hate indifferent / lacklusture performances.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
ScottE335 said:
It has been dull play as of late but I fell we are missing a few things.

• Wingers/Midfielder's that cross the ball at height. (Despite Evra and Ronaldo's talent this doesn't happen anymore from anybody really.)

• Strikers that shoot!!! (This season has started a trend where fans shout shoot! and rightly so. if we took more shots without fear of missing. All those chances up front might turn into goals!! Fans are bored of *****ing about in or just outside the box with nothing to show for it)

• The flare and show boating from last season has gone. The lads don't seem to be enjoying themselves this season in my opinion. (Didn't always agree with it, but it worked and oozed confidence)

• HUNGER!! Rooney and a few others are the only few to seem to have any. Berba looks bored and seems to walk everywhere, however I will hold out judgement til at least the end of this season. But come on lads lets see some enthusiasm

After all this though, we are still in position to win a lot of silverware this season and it is rather a changing of the guards with certain players. Plus other teams have stepped up their game and not just the top 4. Some smaller sides have really fought our top clubs this season.

All in all, the race horse has a lot of money and backers behind him and I keep the faith in the horse and owners ;)
Man...pretty good post and I definitely agree with the need for more crosses and our strikers to shoot more.

Not sure about the show-boating. I think it's a product of confidence, don't think the actual show-boating perpetuates confidence ;)

Like it or not, something happened to the team over the summer..... but that's another story :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts