Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Hes great, so don't see why not...

Question is, if United hadn't spent so much on him, would Nani be anywhere near the first team?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
if he was english he would cost 20 million plus , english players always cost double , thats the main reason clubs started looking abroad , you can get an experienced international player for half the price

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
if he was english he would cost 20 million plus , english players always cost double , thats the main reason clubs started looking abroad , you can get an experienced international player for half the price
Bull sh1t! You really think Park would be a £20m player with a different nationality?! ha!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
hey easy on the bullsh1t look at what we payed for carrick hargreaves , rooney and rio all inflated prices .
It is a fact when we buy from the premier league and more so english players , they seem to cost double,
if park were english he would be an england regular which would hike his price up.
so where is the bullsh1t in that

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
hey easy on the bullsh1t look at what we payed for carrick hargreaves , rooney and rio all inflated prices .
It is a fact when we buy from the premier league and more so english players , they seem to cost double,
if park were english he would be an england regular which would hike his price up.
so where is the bullsh1t in that
Carrick and Hargreaves cost us under £20m (probably the equivalent of £20m now with inflation), and they are on a different planet to Park as footballers. No way would Park cost £20m!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
By the way Stretty sorry I came across a bit harsh there I didn't mean to!
no worries mate , just healthy debate
its just i think we payed too much for hargreaves and carrick , and a few years later on park, if he was english would fetch some where near their valuation.
For some reason the english players cost a lot more and are not good value for money , for half the price you can get a seasoned international player from abroad.
To be honest i am getting a bit cheesed off , it seems park is public enemy number one this week and has come in for some criticism .
I cannot wait for the villa match to get people a bit more positive , this international break is a pain especially when you have just had the week we had just before it

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Carrick is worth the money payed for him.

Hargreaves has the quality to be worth the money we payed for him.

Not a chance on Earth Park is worth anything over £10m, regardless if he's English. Ashley Young is twice the player he is, and Villa would bite your hand off for £20m.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I think Heskey is a good example of this. He's the closest thing, in my mind, that England has to a Park or a Kuyt.

I mean that in the sense that he's all about graft & working for the team as opposed to flair or prolific goal scoring.

Now I think we can all agree that Heskey has been very cheap, I'm not being mean, throughout his career.

His last two transfers have been for 5.5 million & 3.5 million respectively. In modern football that's cheap.

I'm just saying not all English players are overpriced. Just the high profile players.

More often than not it's about a club wanted to at least get something fro selling their prize asset.

Or their 'agent' trying to make a quick buck. :fyou:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How is Heskey anything like Kuyt or Park :confused:

He doesn't run around chasing the ball all game, and his workrate isn't his main strength. Heskey doesn't play for his workrate.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts