Manchester United Talk banner

If Park was English...

5K views 73 replies 24 participants last post by  8640 
#1 ·
...would he be anywhere near this United side?

#13 ·
hey easy on the bullsh1t look at what we payed for carrick hargreaves , rooney and rio all inflated prices .
It is a fact when we buy from the premier league and more so english players , they seem to cost double,
if park were english he would be an england regular which would hike his price up.
so where is the bullsh1t in that

#14 ·
hey easy on the bullsh1t look at what we payed for carrick hargreaves , rooney and rio all inflated prices .
It is a fact when we buy from the premier league and more so english players , they seem to cost double,
if park were english he would be an england regular which would hike his price up.
so where is the bullsh1t in that
Carrick and Hargreaves cost us under £20m (probably the equivalent of £20m now with inflation), and they are on a different planet to Park as footballers. No way would Park cost £20m!

#17 ·
By the way Stretty sorry I came across a bit harsh there I didn't mean to!
no worries mate , just healthy debate
its just i think we payed too much for hargreaves and carrick , and a few years later on park, if he was english would fetch some where near their valuation.
For some reason the english players cost a lot more and are not good value for money , for half the price you can get a seasoned international player from abroad.
To be honest i am getting a bit cheesed off , it seems park is public enemy number one this week and has come in for some criticism .
I cannot wait for the villa match to get people a bit more positive , this international break is a pain especially when you have just had the week we had just before it

#18 ·
Carrick is worth the money payed for him.

Hargreaves has the quality to be worth the money we payed for him.

Not a chance on Earth Park is worth anything over £10m, regardless if he's English. Ashley Young is twice the player he is, and Villa would bite your hand off for £20m.

#19 ·
I think Heskey is a good example of this. He's the closest thing, in my mind, that England has to a Park or a Kuyt.

I mean that in the sense that he's all about graft & working for the team as opposed to flair or prolific goal scoring.

Now I think we can all agree that Heskey has been very cheap, I'm not being mean, throughout his career.

His last two transfers have been for 5.5 million & 3.5 million respectively. In modern football that's cheap.

I'm just saying not all English players are overpriced. Just the high profile players.

More often than not it's about a club wanted to at least get something fro selling their prize asset.

Or their 'agent' trying to make a quick buck. :fyou:

#25 ·
Carrick is worth the money payed for him.

Hargreaves has the quality to be worth the money we payed for him.

Not a chance on Earth Park is worth anything over £10m, regardless if he's English. Ashley Young is twice the player he is, and Villa would bite your hand off for £20m.
Okay lads i surrender no way park is worth that kind of money even if he came from krypton

#26 ·
How is Heskey anything like Kuyt or Park :confused:

He doesn't run around chasing the ball all game, and his workrate isn't his main strength. Heskey doesn't play for his workrate.
I didn't mean it as a direct comparison. I just couldn't find an English player like Park or Kuyt.

What I meant to say was that, yes some English players are more expensive but more often that not

they are the high profile players. Lennon is high profile. Right now he'd fetch a very high price.

Would he be worth it? Probably not. However you can buy good English talent for a lower price.

Moyes & O'Neil do it as a matter of fact. Even Southgate has found the odd one or two.

Jagielka was £4 million. I'd say that's not too expensive considering his talent.

People just love to complain about over priced English players. Personally I think that's wrong.

You get overpriced players in every country. It's just a case of looking & dealing shrewdly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.