Manchester United Talk banner

If Park was English...

5K views 73 replies 24 participants last post by  8640 
I think Heskey is a good example of this. He's the closest thing, in my mind, that England has to a Park or a Kuyt.

I mean that in the sense that he's all about graft & working for the team as opposed to flair or prolific goal scoring.

Now I think we can all agree that Heskey has been very cheap, I'm not being mean, throughout his career.

His last two transfers have been for 5.5 million & 3.5 million respectively. In modern football that's cheap.

I'm just saying not all English players are overpriced. Just the high profile players.

More often than not it's about a club wanted to at least get something fro selling their prize asset.

Or their 'agent' trying to make a quick buck. :fyou:

How is Heskey anything like Kuyt or Park :confused:

He doesn't run around chasing the ball all game, and his workrate isn't his main strength. Heskey doesn't play for his workrate.
I didn't mean it as a direct comparison. I just couldn't find an English player like Park or Kuyt.

What I meant to say was that, yes some English players are more expensive but more often that not

they are the high profile players. Lennon is high profile. Right now he'd fetch a very high price.

Would he be worth it? Probably not. However you can buy good English talent for a lower price.

Moyes & O'Neil do it as a matter of fact. Even Southgate has found the odd one or two.

Jagielka was £4 million. I'd say that's not too expensive considering his talent.

People just love to complain about over priced English players. Personally I think that's wrong.

You get overpriced players in every country. It's just a case of looking & dealing shrewdly.

On the Messi debate I'd say he is a forward. Ronaldo & Messi are forwards on account of their prolific scoring.

Messi doubly so because for Argentina doesn't he play up front as opposed to out wide?

I think it all comes down to two things. If they score goals & drift into the center then they are forwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.