Manchester United Talk banner

If Park was English...

5K views 73 replies 24 participants last post by  8640 
i really believe that if park was English he would be worth double his value at the moment id rate him at maybe about 5 million so if he was English id rate him at 10 million i think its almost a fact that(most) English players are over rated for me an example of this would be i believe that Vidic makes Rio look like a better player as he looks kind of shaky when playing with Evans but when Vida plays with Evans were more solid! i also think that Carvalho makes John Terry look a better player too!

so for me English Park>S.Koren Park

I'm not talking about his value, as I too believe that English players are inflated.

The point I was making is, is that if he was an English headless chicken, would he be near the team or would he been transferred (let's consider him being a youth team product)? I think a major reason why he is part of the squad is because of his marketing puposes in Asia.

(I'm not saying he's shit and deserves to get rid, because he is very consistent and is an honest player and puts in a good shift when needed)
TBH i don't think if he came through our ranks here he would have made it as i don't think he would have been good enough to come through as we don't produce that many workers IMO! but i believe say he came through boro's youth academy i think we wouldn't have went for him as i think it was on the back of psv's impressive champions league run that we bought him and we wouldn't have got to see him in that light!

i don't think he is here for his market value either though as i don't think he would be playing as much as he is he prob would have been the same as Dong if that was the case yano?Fergie loves him because hes a great player to have when its back against the wall job and were holding onto the lead(barca at home last year)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.