Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts
Carrick is worth the money payed for him.

Hargreaves has the quality to be worth the money we payed for him.

Not a chance on Earth Park is worth anything over £10m, regardless if he's English. Ashley Young is twice the player he is, and Villa would bite your hand off for £20m.
Okay lads i surrender no way park is worth that kind of money even if he came from krypton

How is Heskey anything like Kuyt or Park :confused:

He doesn't run around chasing the ball all game, and his workrate isn't his main strength. Heskey doesn't play for his workrate.
I didn't mean it as a direct comparison. I just couldn't find an English player like Park or Kuyt.

What I meant to say was that, yes some English players are more expensive but more often that not

they are the high profile players. Lennon is high profile. Right now he'd fetch a very high price.

Would he be worth it? Probably not. However you can buy good English talent for a lower price.

Moyes & O'Neil do it as a matter of fact. Even Southgate has found the odd one or two.

Jagielka was £4 million. I'd say that's not too expensive considering his talent.

People just love to complain about over priced English players. Personally I think that's wrong.

You get overpriced players in every country. It's just a case of looking & dealing shrewdly.

i like him as he runs about a lot -i like running in a player .
tevez runs about a lot too ----do you think they had too much sunny d as sprogs ?
i think park is far classier than scholes and better dribbler than giggs . in fact how they overlooked him for world player of the year mystifies me .
he looks smashing in his shorts as well
he smells nice too
in fact i think i love him .
i will kill a dog in his honour

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I think you are all a bit harsh on park , he is a lot better than you lot are making out.
by the time this thread is over you will have him down as a championship player , leave the lad alone , i would not swap him for downing no way
Agree, Downing's a **** and only looks good in a very poor Boro side.

Hmmmm...easy said, atleast park gets to play for Man utd! :whistling:
Why does that mean he's a better player?

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Where did i say he's a better player?? :eek:

All i said is he reminded me of Downing if he was an english player because as much as they are good, they just arent good enough but yet, park being park, he has the advantage of playing for man utd.:rolleyes:
Fair enough.

In terms of versatility yes..:p
Actually incorrect. I read somewhere that Gerrard is the best player to have played in every position for his club.

i really believe that if park was English he would be worth double his value at the moment id rate him at maybe about 5 million so if he was English id rate him at 10 million i think its almost a fact that(most) English players are over rated for me an example of this would be i believe that Vidic makes Rio look like a better player as he looks kind of shaky when playing with Evans but when Vida plays with Evans were more solid! i also think that Carvalho makes John Terry look a better player too!

so for me English Park>S.Koren Park

Discussion starter · #37 ·
i really believe that if park was English he would be worth double his value at the moment id rate him at maybe about 5 million so if he was English id rate him at 10 million i think its almost a fact that(most) English players are over rated for me an example of this would be i believe that Vidic makes Rio look like a better player as he looks kind of shaky when playing with Evans but when Vida plays with Evans were more solid! i also think that Carvalho makes John Terry look a better player too!

so for me English Park>S.Koren Park
I'm not talking about his value, as I too believe that English players are inflated.

The point I was making is, is that if he was an English headless chicken, would he be near the team or would he been transferred (let's consider him being a youth team product)? I think a major reason why he is part of the squad is because of his marketing puposes in Asia.

(I'm not saying he's shit and deserves to get rid, because he is very consistent and is an honest player and puts in a good shift when needed)

I'm not talking about his value, as I too believe that English players are inflated.

The point I was making is, is that if he was an English headless chicken, would he be near the team or would he been transferred (let's consider him being a youth team product)? I think a major reason why he is part of the squad is because of his marketing puposes in Asia.

(I'm not saying he's shit and deserves to get rid, because he is very consistent and is an honest player and puts in a good shift when needed)
TBH i don't think if he came through our ranks here he would have made it as i don't think he would have been good enough to come through as we don't produce that many workers IMO! but i believe say he came through boro's youth academy i think we wouldn't have went for him as i think it was on the back of psv's impressive champions league run that we bought him and we wouldn't have got to see him in that light!

i don't think he is here for his market value either though as i don't think he would be playing as much as he is he prob would have been the same as Dong if that was the case yano?Fergie loves him because hes a great player to have when its back against the wall job and were holding onto the lead(barca at home last year)

Im not sure,I honestly doubt that he would have even been know had it not been for the Asian factor.We all know of the marketing side to Park Ji and the money he helps generate.Hes a decent worker but as far as having many strengths,his only one seems to be the work rate.He can be a menace,but when he has done all the hard work to win a ball back,he has no distribution skills so it fails.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.