Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts
Im not sure,I honestly doubt that he would have even been know had it not been for the Asian factor.We all know of the marketing side to Park Ji and the money he helps generate.Hes a decent worker but as far as having many strengths,his only one seems to be the work rate.He can be a menace,but when he has done all the hard work to win a ball back,he has no distribution skills so it fails.
Once again this is a very harsh post he has had some great games for us , as for asian factor that was spot on for dong but not for park.
I think we got park for a good price and has proved value for money , he is a fit lad and does not get too many injuries , but more importantly he is reliable

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Basically this.

Park is a wonderful player, so important to the team. People criticise him for his attacking side, but that isn't what he'a about. He's so much more, something some people do not understand.
A winger's job is to attack and create chances, particulary by crossing. Defensive work comes second.

Same with a full back. A full back's job is to defend, and to defend well. Attacking comes second.

A winger's job is to attack and create chances, particulary by crossing. Defensive work comes second.

Same with a full back. A full back's job is to defend, and to defend well. Attacking comes second.
and what?
As it stands with the players we have what do you suggest we do?
cos Nani does neither, Tosic isnt ready, Giggs plays centrally now.....

Thats why I think we miss Hargo so much. he could play right side and ronaldo on the left. problem solved.

Racism. "I was only joking", delivered in Stephen's trademark style.

I know Park is nowhere near being a top winger just like JOS will never be a top player. But we NEED them.

And surely the different path between Park and Dong at United tells a story.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
and what?
As it stands with the players we have what do you suggest we do?
cos Nani does neither, Tosic isnt ready, Giggs plays centrally now.....

Thats why I think we miss Hargo so much. he could play right side and ronaldo on the left. problem solved.
I'm not saying we should get rid of Park, he's a good squad player, and this isn't a thread for whether Park should be a Manchester United player.

Sownak said: "People criticise him for his attacking side, but that isn't what he'a about."
I said that if that isn't what "he's about" then why the **** does he play as a winger, and especially at a club which has based itself on great attacking wingers for years. Personally, I think Park has improved a lot this season, but I'm baffled why he gets so many games - especially in games where his workrate and defensive side isn't needed.

People say to help out Rafael, when the kid plays. But Park plays left side for most of the game anyway.

I'm not saying we should get rid of Park, he's a good squad player, and this isn't a thread for whether Park should be a Manchester United player.

Sownak said: "People criticise him for his attacking side, but that isn't what he'a about."
I said that if that isn't what "he's about" then why the **** does he play as a winger, and especially at a club which has based itself on great attacking wingers for years. Personally, I think Park has improved a lot this season, but I'm baffled why he gets so many games - especially in games where his workrate and defensive side isn't needed.

People say to help out Rafael, when the kid plays. But Park plays left side for most of the game anyway.
Fair point. The left side in the only position I think we need strengthening. (maybe up front actually but thats another story)
Ribery would make us unstoppable. If we had him we would rule everything, even more so than we are doing.
Park is a good squad player as you said but he will never be world class. and as things stand he is in our first 11.....

Fair point. The left side in the only position I think we need strengthening. (maybe up front actually but thats another story)
Ribery would make us unstoppable. If we had him we would rule everything, even more so than we are doing.
Park is a good squad player as you said but he will never be world class. and as things stand he is in our first 11.....
Jesus the thought of Ribery in our 11 sends shivers down our spine. He's the best winger in the world.

If he was English he wouldn't be here, he would have been very overrated and ended up going to somewhere like Inter or Madrid for £20something milion getting about as many games as he does with us now.

so no.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.