Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts
I'd say he's a right winger tbh a winger is pretty attacking anyway
Yeah, but Messi has zero defensive responsibility. He rarely even crosses into his own half. Even Ronaldo tracks back occasionally.

This for me is a winger:

---RM-----CM------CM-------LM--

Even Ronaldo plays this often:

-----------CM-------CM-------LM--
Ronaldo--------------------------

-----------ST-------ST-----------

Messi plays:

------------CM------------CM-----------CM-------------

--Messi-------------------------------------------LF--

---------------------------ST-------------------------

Yeah, but Messi has zero defensive responsibility. He rarely even crosses into his own half. Even Ronaldo tracks back occasionally.

This for me is a winger:

---RM-----CM------CM-------LM--

Even Ronaldo plays this often:

-----------CM-------CM-------LM--
Ronaldo--------------------------

-----------ST-------ST-----------

Messi plays:

------------CM------------CM-----------CM-------------

--Messi-------------------------------------------LF--

---------------------------ST-------------------------

Nope - what you said was a winger was a RIGHT MIDFIELDER, a Winger is inbetween the second ronaldo place and messi place but cos Messi is further forward I'll let you have that he's a right forward, besides I hate barca anyway - I'm an Atletico Madrid fan!

Nope - what you said was a winger was a RIGHT MIDFIELDER, a Winger is inbetween the second ronaldo place and messi place but cos Messi is further forward I'll let you have that he's a right forward, besides I hate barca anyway - I'm an Atletico Madrid fan!
They're effectively the same, just one is slightly more advanced. A forward like Messi however has a free role and has no defensive responsibilities, unlike the other 2.

I'm currently an Athletico fan too, due to the fact that I'm an Aguero groupie :thumbsup:

On the Messi debate I'd say he is a forward. Ronaldo & Messi are forwards on account of their prolific scoring.

Messi doubly so because for Argentina doesn't he play up front as opposed to out wide?

I think it all comes down to two things. If they score goals & drift into the center then they are forwards.

Hes great, so don't see why not...

Question is, if United hadn't spent so much on him, would Nani be anywhere near the first team?
Yes, Question is, if fergie had showin faith in him, and played him when we needed him/when he needed a run of games, rather than either using a bizzare formation or leavin him on the bench, then would he have been a 1st teamer by now? yeah him & andi would`ve.

They're effectively the same, just one is slightly more advanced. A forward like Messi however has a free role and has no defensive responsibilities, unlike the other 2.

I'm currently an Athletico fan too, due to the fact that I'm an Aguero groupie :thumbsup:
Ah, My faves are Maxi Rodriguez and Forlan - Simao is pretty good too

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.