Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about Quaresma. Surely there was a time back in Sporting Lisbon when Ronaldo/Quaresma would have been similar, talent and potential wise. Quaresma was the only scorer when Portugal succumbed to Italy and he managed to score against Chelsea at the Bridge with Cech in goal, yet he's still in Portugal fours years after Ronaldo moved to United and Quaresma left Barcelona. I lay the blame squarely at Barca's door. Quaresma started his "Big Time" European career at Barca after a move from Sporting. Despite decent performances, more or less, he was shunted off to Portugal. Now Barca are notorious for the lack of support they offer players. Compare that to Ronaldo who had Fergie virtually single handedly keeping him in Manchester when he wanted to leave. So I ask you, could the Quaresma story have been so different if he had gone to a big team who nurtured young talent? I.e. Arsenal/Man United or perhaps a smaller team like Fiorentina/Atletico Madrid where he would have had less competition and pressure. Also what do you think would have happened to Ronaldo if he hadn't had the support of Fergie? Say, if he went To Real Madrid, would he be the player we know?

·
Registered
809 Posts
apparently, he is unsettled at porto and might be on the move again...unfortunately for you guys, it is rumoured a move back to spain is favoured by him

·
Banned
198 Posts
how is he over rated? similarly as ronaldo was over rated when he first came from sporting lisbon? I don't care. I'm Happy with nani. QUaresma has a negative attitude problem. better yet.. I think Nani is going to take Quaresma's position in the Portugal squd... or hang on, Doesn't ROnaldo play as a striker?
OOhhh... Quaresma is good enough to be accomodated into the Portugal squd. I hope he goes to Barcelona again in.. Barcelona POST RONALDHINIO... MEssi and Quaresma with Eto'o could score a few goals...

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
If he wants to leave i can see Liverpool putting in an offer for Quaresma.. And i wouldnt be to suprised if Porto accepted their bid...

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I wouldnt say he is overated maybe not fullfilling potental but he is still a great player would get into most squads

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
He is a very good and reliable player,but has got a slight attitude problem.Liverpool,indeed have made a bid for him for 20 mil,but he has his heart set on a move back to Spain

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:
If he wants to leave i can see Liverpool putting in an offer for Quaresma.. And i wouldnt be to suprised if Porto accepted their bid...
^Ditto! Scousers' really need a wide man who will get goals, create more chances & run at and actually succeed in getting past oppostion's defenders. They seriously lack a threat down the flank IMHO!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he has the potential but he is over-rated...he is very inconsistent.....but he is a good player but wouldnt want him to come to OT....

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yeah Quaresma will probably end up at Barca just like all the good players seem to these days shame really Barca arent that good :p
I dont think hes overrated i think hes a very good player and im sure he will leave probably not too us mainly because of Ronaldo, no-one will get past him.

·
Registered
245 Posts
QUARESMA IS NOT OVERRATEDhe is a great player if he had went 2 a better club with better coaches he would have more experience...if fergie had took him who knows? maybe he would have been the best player at the moment...;)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
HE IS NOT OVERRATED!! Who ever thinks so is just plain blind. He is an excellent player and I was hoping we signed him but instead we got the younger version of the new Ronaldo and Quersma - Nani! All 3 of them are similar and all 3 are capable of greatness at full form and it will be a massive blow if one of our EPL rivals get him..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts